Supercharged Gen II

Wow!
I want that with torque camshafts
why more torque than top horsepower?
I'm not aiming at top speed, but fast roll-on's while passing trucks (like HD, GW, ZX)

are you just using 1 power commander on lower injectors? If you went the ecu flashing route you could get both sets of injectors near max duty cycle, my 08 turbo i made 356 hp with stock injectors, 1:1 regulator, and 42 psi using ecueditor :)

Cool bike, but i would be rather nervous on super learn afr up top

and oops just read you have the secondary module on there to control other 8 injectors, sorry about that. but still wondering why you are outta fuel at a little over 300 hp

You got it backwards. In the industry we have a saying..."rich is safe". Rich engines may load up and run poorly but the added fuel lowers combustion temperatures. That is why when you tune an air cooled V twin with fuel injection you setup the rear cylinder richer. It helps it to run cooler.

I also work in "the industry", and have helped tune big inch, big hp drag engines running 300+ hp worth of nitrous. It's easier to replace a piston with a hole in the middle and some bearings that have detonation damage, then getting a block re-sleeved because the ring land exploded from fuel puddling.

If you're talking slightly rich vs. slightly lean, slightly rich is fine, I agree. But when poop hits the fan, I'd rather have it lean so the repair is easier.

Did you come up with the $$ figure yet? I live down in the Springs and would love to come up there and get a similar set up.

Okay guys my year long project is finished now that winter has settled in. Here are a few pictures.

IMAG0056.jpg

IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0058.jpg

IMAG0060.jpg

IMAG0063.jpg

IMAG0062.jpg

IMAG0064.jpg

IMAG0065.jpg

IMAG0068.jpg

IMAG0069.jpg

Wow that charge sticks out on that side bad but props to the nice fabrication :thumbsup:

I would still go with turbo though because of that fact of it sticks out too much...

beautiful job!!! amazing paint, fab looks great! super jealous! i bet she rips as good as she looks.:beerchug:

That must mess with your lean angle something fierce. The fab job on the plastics looks great though.

Nice setup. What are the benefits of a supercharged engine over a Turbo charged engine. Does the supercharged motors require less maintenance?

turbo
*turbo lag
*more R&D than any super charger setup on the market
*Make twice as much power as any supercharger
*don't have a huge honker hanging of the side of the bike
*no stress on crankshaft

Supercharger
*not much R&D in the market
*instant boost
*less power than turbos
*expensive $$$
*less hp on pump fuel

to answer the question about the motors.....If both are built correctly then both stress the motor equally depending on what load is put on the motor, although the crankshaft snout deal with the supercharger is not what I want on my bike. SO when making big HP the superchargers will stress the motor harder. Just as in the car world the turbos rule HP per lb of boost and max HP in any class. Superchargers are not bad in anyway just not as efficient or popular on our bikes....you probably got 200 turbo busas to every 1 supercharged bike

Last edited:
Awesome awesome awesome set up... and OUTSTANDING numbers. After just doing some stuff to my Busa, I'm able to make those mods null and void and am going with a turbo.. or so I thought. After seeing this post, and those NUMBERS, I might change my mind. I can't find a price on this kit. Are you willing to share that info? If so, feel free to IM me, or make it public. No biggie. Again, awesome set up. Does she whine?!

Sometimes we can get caught up in really silly conversations. We're talking 300+ hp people - WHO CARES IF A TURBO IS MORE EFFICIENT?

What matters is that this is a super cool bike with some first rate craftsmanship on the mod. Would I spend the money to do this to my Busa? Probably not. But none the less I got nothing but love for this bike.

Job well done Born2burn :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Those who can do, those who can't Blog.
I have built several turbo bikes and I built the engine on this bike.
I have ridden both.
This bike is a dream to ride. Electric is the best description. No lag, no surprises, just on when you turn the grip.
I can make more horsepower but it would require more from the bottom end than stock can deliver.
But if you think a turbo is better for the street, then you have never driven a blown bike.:moon:

Back