Bonneville or Bust~!~

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
Went by Dennis "hollywood" Zainfeld's establishment this evening to drop off a few things for Kevin (Tofas2C) to take with him. They are loaded up and leaving in the morning. Dennis is helping out a great deal to make Kevin go faster.

Funny thing is, this isn't even Kevin's race bike, this is his street Busa that ate the head a couple weeks ago. Made a few changes over the last week or so~!~ :whistle:

Check out the mailbox chute holder.

Dennis is shooting for 400mph this run in his Lakester. :bowdown:

Kevin is hoping to best his personal record this event also.

Thought I'd share some pics and see them off.

Good luck fellas~!!~

100_2111.jpg

100_2134.jpg

100_2135.jpg

100_2137.jpg

100_2138.jpg

100_2139.jpg

100_2140.jpg

100_2141.jpg

100_2142.jpg

100_2143.jpg

100_2144.jpg

100_2147.jpg

They are back on the road again after a few extra hours in WV due to a blown air bag in the truck suspension.

Gotta love the anxiety involved with getting ready for a big race~!~

They made it down, still attempting to get everything through tech...looks like what's good for the east coast doesn't always fly on the salt. (even the leathers didn't pass due to the way the arm pits and crotch are made)

I believe they'll have everything straight and running soon~!~

The Firebird did a shakedown run at 199mph, planning on opening it up today.

The Lakester has not run yet.

Kevin ran his initiation run yesterday on the short course and moves to the 5 mile course today for licensing passes.

Should hear more later today.

No updates on the cars yet, but Kevin finished his licensing runs at 198 GPS and slowing across the speed trap at 188mph. (apparently that license has to run 175-200 mph)

I wish we could get some other speeds that are being accomplished, but their's so much room out there it's hard for him to hear other racers speed at this time.

Looks like he's going to run all out tomorrow on the 5 mile course cutting out at the 4 mile speed trap.

As far as I can tell the lakester still has not made the first pass.

Last edited:
yup, i just heard the news :cheerleader: He sounded completely pumped. :laugh: He qualified for the record today. Now tomorrow morning he's got to back it up to make it an official record. :thumbsup: Sounds like there's a VERY good chance he'll get the record. We'll have to wait until tomorrow to hear the results. The record is currently held by Fred Vance.

Btw, earlier to day Fred had an off on the bike. He's okay though.

Good luck to all!!! Bring that Bonne red hat home Kevin!!! :bowdown::bowdown::thumbsup::thumbsup::beerchug::beerchug::cheerleader:

Back