Bike apart only lost one bolt

mrjoeys50

Registered
Anyone know where I can find one... I am going to ace hardware today :please: Anyway I took my bike apart for some airbrush work I am getting done while I deploy for 4 months. Put on a beater tank to keep her running. BTW what else should I do since she is apart?

100_2013.jpg

100_2014.jpg

Don't think will focus on the missing bolt with the big dent an scratches there. If the hard ware doesn't have it, around here there are dedicated bolts an screw sellers that sell every screw known to man an have them in stock yellow pages:thumbsup:

i'd say run down to ace with a similar one in hand to match. while your there grab a parts bin! :rofl:

ACE does have those...I have replaced some. Be sure to get the SS bolt or you'll see rust~!~

lol...yeah ACE had one (90 cent)... I wanted it when I put my tank back on... (the limited one laying in the grass)... This tank came from an org member, and only serves to hold gas when I am gone so my wife can start it for me....:beerchug:

I'm sure you checked on the size, but be sure not to stick one in that's too long...I did this with some bolts that came with a camera mount a few years ago and snapped the gas tank ring.

Gave me an excuse to get a twist on gas cap~!~ :laugh:

Get some black allen bolts at the hardware store. It should look better.

there are 3 different size(length) bolts in the gas tank lid...the one your missing doesn't do anything other then look pretty ..I wouldn't even worry about it until u mount your other tank back up..the 2 lower and 2 upper side bolts are what actually hold it on the others are only for aesthetics

gastank.JPG

While you got it apart do the HID's love mine. Add a boost by smith wiring harness, bmc race filter.:cheerleader:

Back