P4045583.jpg

P4055592.jpg

P4055608.jpg

P4055612.jpg

P4055616.jpg

P4055624.jpg

P4055634.jpg

P4055635.jpg

my wife took some pics too with her camera but I don't have them loaded in the computer yet. I'll post more in the future.

Great time, great people, and another great event in the books! :cheerleader:

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, thanks for the pics.
Why is texas not sanctiond?

dunno why. I don't know how their organization is setup. Their's the SCTA (southern california timing association), ECTA (east coast timing association), LTA (loring timing association), but is there even a Texas timing association?

I don't mean to take anything away from Texas. When Bill mentioned it to me that's when I realized what he was saying. Another way to look at it is that Bill ran Texas but the class he's running in is really an ECTA class designation. I don't think Texas has any classes other than saying it's a street bike vs a LSR bike. Unfortunatly his 254.*** run isn't a record in any association.

Last edited:
Looking forward to more pix and post. Sorry about the failures. Any guess on what you think you might have done, had the shifter worked and the leak hadn't occurred ?

..and my a/f was correct, and if I farted at the finish line... :laugh:
Looking forward to more pix and post. Sorry about the failures. Any guess on what you think you might have done, had the shifter worked and the leak hadn't occurred ?

some say the shifter is worth +2mph
one bounce on the rev limit is worth +1mph
missed shift is worth +3mph
of course a less than overly fat a/f ratio would mean plenty more mph
and passing gass for additional thrust is still to be measured :laugh:

My goal for the event was a simple 215mph. I was more focused on getting my tune and shift kill times all setup for the mega Loring event. :banghead:

thanks, hopefully this weekend when I might have some time I'll pull the ignition/starter gear cover and all I'll need is a nice sturdy replacement billet cover. :beerchug:

Hey commuta was there some bikes stole there? just what someone was saying.

yes, for the first time in history one bike was stolen at the track during the night. A traler was also broken into but nothing was stolen. It was a shock to everyone. I guess one should expect as an event becomes more n more popular with the public you're sure to get some riff raff.

Also a bike was stolen from the parking lot of one of the Motels too.

Additional security measures are being implimented. :beerchug: Everything is being done to prevent theft for the future events. Everyone should still take extra measures to always secure their equipment.

Here's a pic of the bike that was stolen. The owner is well known and respected. Nicknamed "Holywood".

P4045576.jpg

Thanks for sharing Commuta:beerchug: Sounds like good times, except for the mishaps... but like you said that's Racing....you either LOVE IT OR HATE IT:thumbsup: Your Busa sounds like it'll hit your 215.00 goal pretty easy.:muscle:
WOW, Sucks about the stolen bikes.......DEATH TO THIEVES!!! :devil::firing:

Man that sucks, nothing worse than a thief, i never even thought anything about it at Texas just left my bike sitting there beside some peoples motorhome that we meet there and they watched it for me, but that will make a person think about it, and like you said it was riff raff that came in and probaly had it planned because racers just aint going to do that to racers, very sorry of people

The harley rider in the last set of pics(the Parker Leathers) isnt actually Scott is it? One of my all time favorite flattrackers, and probably one of the best. Didnt think I'd ever see him running a LSR event, and figure they're probably just replica leathers, but it's worth asking.

nope, his name is Dale Walksler. He ran over 90mph on that lil machine.

The harley rider in the last set of pics(the Parker Leathers) isnt actually Scott is it? One of my all time favorite flattrackers, and probably one of the best. Didnt think I'd ever see him running a LSR event, and figure they're probably just replica leathers, but it's worth asking.

hi Ken
greets from Germany

even if you had such bad luck , all your postings show the real racer , :bowdown:

think you had , not the best , but neverthless a nice weekend
with nice people , and hope you find the little bugs ,you had.

Even with all the problems , you would be king of the track in germany :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

i ll keep an eye on you:lol: ,cause i m sure to view your 215 :thumbsup:

best regards
bernie

ps
dont you have a pic of you on your bike , so many others , but i would like to see the "main player" of this tread

Last edited:
GREAT WRITE UP AND PICS . :thumbsup: CAN'T WAIT FOR MY TURN .
The good, the bad, and what ever else I could remember...

The trip down was rain, rain, and thinderstorms. My wife and I left at 04:00 Friday morning. She slept through the worst of it and when she woke up around 09:00 in Virginia the sun had come out. I told her to stay awake for the rest of the ride so the weather would stay sunny. Sure enough it worked. :cheerleader:

We rolled into Tech on Friday afternoon around 14:30. I thought getting there earlier than normal would mean short tech lines. I think alot of others had the same idea. :banghead:

Plenty of time to take some pics of the tech line.

I'm a bit camera shy :lookaround: and it's difficult for me to take pics of myself. My wife did snap a few pics when I was ready to head up to the staging lanes.

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 010.jpg

Picture 011.jpg

btw.. geeze I look bloated... :laugh: my leathers look so loose because I have it unzipped and my gloves and water are stuffed in them :moon:

be safe wear gear :thumbsup:

Nice recap.... Sounds like you had a great time even wit the minor set backs.

Back