Burn Out Box

Ft Campbell Busa

Registered
Just wondering what technique most of you use when you do your burnout? I really don't like rolling out towards the tree while still on the throttle but I know that it will help keep the tire warm. When I purchased my clutch for the Mustang the manufacturer recommended engaging the clutch as soon as the tire begins to hook and pull forward normally. This technique is supposed to really extend the life of the clutch. I know that I destroyed one already on the Busa and the Mustang, lol. The Mustang happened clutch grenaded from a burnout and rolling on the gas to the tree. Clutch was toast right there. Just wondering since the rolling burnout does look cooler:laugh: It is a bit harder to control sometimes. Thanks

I started this year with backing into the water box, quick spinning the rear up to get the entire thing wet, the walking it out right to the edge of the water. After that, LIGHT EM UP! Give her a twist side to side to get the entire contact patch warmed up and just as it starts smoking roll out a little bit, and pull the clutch. No dry hop to the line, just ease her up and walk into the beams.
P6060057_edited-1.jpg

P6050052_edited-1.jpg

P6050049.jpg

P6060063.jpg

Sorry about the sizes of the pictures, not too good with posting things like that. Biggest thing to remember is being smooth in and out of the clutch to avoid the driveline shock. The rolling burnouts can get pretty hairy too if you have a lot of wheel speed going.:thumbsup:

That burnout, and a decent chassis setup has put me at some 1.60-1.64 60' with my 215# rear end piloting my 07. Not too much heat in it, just enough to get it smoking and clean and you'll be good to go.:clap:

I avoid the water box all together. Bring the motor up and ease out on the clutch quickly to get the tire spinning. I don't want water anywhere near my bike. I then tilt the bike side to side to heat the whole tire. After I count smoke for three seconds, I roll off the throttle and let off the brake. The bike will spin for a bit while moving forward, but I feel I have a cleaner, warmer tire for the launch. Whatever you decide to do, do it that way all the time without change.:beerchug:
Busaburnout.jpg

tv-5-12-07_262.jpg

Last edited:
While rolling into the water box I snick it in to 6th gear ,when I get the nod I rev it up and dump the clutch and after around 3 seconds ride it to just short of the of the starting line with the tire blazing. Chicks dig it.:beerchug: I developed this style back in the 70's

DSCN7900.jpg

DSCN1442.jpg

THE BURNOUT.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

Instant smoke in 6th. Kinda like a Funny Car. However the moment you feel the rear end start to come around GET OUT OF IT. I have never had a misshap doing this. Try it in 3rd first and when comfortable work your way up. The torque of the Busa makes this not a problem.:thumbsup:

Back