Fastest you've driven your car

Hey Semi,
Does the Tux make you go fatser or were you running from the wedding hence your top speed?
rock.gif
?

does the racetrack count?

176.4 in my boat (1/4 mile)
232.4 in a 3/4 pass on the 1/4 mile.. never made a full pass, ran out of money...

Went 180 mph + in the May 2005 Silver State Classic in my stock 1991 ZR-1 Corvette. These time trials are held on a closed road called Highway 318 in Nevada. This race has been held twice a year for the last 20 years. It is 90 miles of shear driving nirvana !

To bad they don't let bikes run, or, at least Hayabusa's
jump9.gif

The world record on that public highway # 318 is 207mph ... Several cars have run in the 220+ zone for a short period... Keep in mind this is all at high altitude
I did a turbo system (upgrade) for a Dodge Stealth for that race... guy wanted a 200mph run he got it.. but boy was it pricey...

141 mph at the Las Vegas drag strip in a 1996 honda civic (716hp) 9.96 quarter. Lic & insured - drivable on the street. I didn't say street legal, just drivable on the street.
winkold.gif

I've been about 155-160mph in my Eagle Talon and around there in a NASCAR courtosy of Richard Petty driving school
cool.gif

vbgarage_1_.jpg

30 LAPS RICHARD PETTY AVG 156MPH

1987 300ZX TURBO 137 HITS THE TOP SPEED LIMITER.
WENT LONG ISLAND NY TO ST LOUIS IN 16 HRS.

2006 PORSCHE 911 TURBO 0-60 (3.8) FRIENDS CAR ME AT WHEEL BECAUSE HE HAD SUSPENSED LICENSE,
laugh.gif
TOP SPEED GOVERNED 190. FOR ABOUT 10 MILES.

Some time back,(OK, quite a while back, in 1970) I had a 69 Dodge Charger with a modified motor. Once when I slipped into the Daytona track, it turned a 59 second lap before I got thrown out. That turned out to be 162.5 mph. I thought that was pretty cool at the time, but by today's standards, it falls short a little.

Some time back,(OK, quite a while back, in 1970) I had a 69 Dodge Charger with a modified motor. Once when I slipped into the Daytona track, it turned a 59 second lap before I got thrown out. That turned out to be 162.5 mph. I thought that was pretty cool at the time, but by today's standards, it falls short a little.
One more thing, I drove it from St. Louis to Daytona and back in the process. It was a driver and never a "trailer queen"

I had a 70 cutlass back in the late 80's... had it up to 120. And it was still purring.

Probably 100 in every other car i've had. Never had a high performance car to try and go fast in.

78 Plymouth Verizon
82 Ford Truck
70 Cutlass
84 RX6 (that thing could corner tho)
89 (?- maybe it was a 90) Celica (this was my favorite car - just never had a chance to open it up)
99 Corolla
02 Rav4

150 in a 71 pontiac grand prix HI PO 6.6 over drive trans and 2.45 gears. It didnt wake up till 80. Them best riding highway car I ever had. I tighend the suspension up but it had that full size floating ride.

my cars are relatively slow so i dont drive them fast....even people pass me on the freeway im like.."you have no idea what speed is"

I got my car up to 168 racing my buddy on his 2007 CBR600RR. I probably was a mile an hour faster than him, but that was enough! Then we got speed contest tickets... No joke!

Okay guys, lets be honest. Who's tacking on about 10 mph to the actual speed? =O)
I've HONESTLY gotten my 99 Mustang GT up to 135 racing a rice burner.

Back