What Bike is This

SnapAttack

Donating Member
Registered
Updated our pictures to digital I came across these taken in Vegas in 2004. Can't remember for the life of me what it is. I do remember something about Royals-Royce turbine and a load of power. Any ideas? Buggin me to death.

DSC00225.JPG

(BA BUSA @ Aug. 16 2007,10:39) Y2k   The one with the gas turbine helicopter engine  
all_coholic.gif

Thanks. Here's a vid on it if anyone is interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can! It's only like a quarter mil.

And Jet A is currently going for $6.00 a gallon in Addison, TX

Oh, and since thrust will affect your lean angle, you have to remember to shut the bike off in turnes and then fire it back up when you come out.

When I lived in Phoenix there was a guy that would show up in Tempe for rides on one of those....

It had absolutley nothing from a stand still and you certainly didn't want to be on the exhaust side of him at a light unless you wanted the plastic to melt off of your bike....

Pretty cool as far as "Cool Factor" goes though....

Tha company is Marine Turbine Technologies and they put thos suplus turbines in lots of things like air boats and pickups....

Marine Turbine

egitarre77.gif

That's the bike you always see Jay Leno riding on T.V. He said one time a guy in a car kept edging up on him at a light, to check out his bike, and the exhaust melted the guys whole bumper. Then he laughed as he told the camera that he just pulled off !!

(Nekosohana @ Aug. 16 2007,11:34) You can! It's only like a quarter mil.

And Jet A is currently going for $6.00 a gallon in Addison, TX

Oh, and since thrust will affect your lean angle, you have to remember to shut the bike off in turnes and then fire it back up when you come out.
There is no thrust associated with that engine. It is a turbo shaft engine. The rotating turbine section turns an internal shaft which in turn spins a gearbox. The gearbox is most likely connected to the sprocket in some fashion. So, there is no thrust to affect anything at all. And you can run them on Kerosene as well, which is much cheaper then Jet A.

Man would I LOVE to be next to a cop on one of those just to see the wtf look on their faces...
beerchug.gif

What a bargain the Hayabusa is!

The YllK top speed 227 MPH by a professional rider
Cost $150,000 usd

The Hayabusa top speed showroom stock 185 MPH by any rider
Cost $9,500 usd for a left over '07.

Back