Too Many Wrecks? What's the reason?

mvanlone

Registered
What is going on with all of these wrecks? Is it because that we know that the season is closing? Why are so many people not just wrecking and acting like fools but are also dying. Like someone else has commented on a different thread, I feel like I am watching that movie where people that were killing themselves because of the plants were putting chemicals in the air (terrible movie, dont remember the name this year, I hated it actually) and whole cities of people were dying. Anyways, I think I will drive extra careful the rest of the year and may put my bike up early. The whole Brandon kid death has bothered me since last saturday for some reason. What are your thoughts? Did this happen like this last year? I don't remember.

Good judgment and common sense on the rider's part could eliminate 90% of motorcycle deaths.

I haven't opened more then a few of the RIP threads... They make me lose my mojo on the bike; and I don't think that me feeling paranoid and vulnerable / not confident is really a safe thing :(

Ride your own ride peeps :thumbsup:

A guy I know wrecked on his R6 Mon. pm and lost both his legs, put a hole in his heart and the other shid that goes with a crash. Haven't gotten the details yet but it's not good......

I dont understand what happening, I posted about a month ago about Please wear your gear and why.... Me thinks Dumb is in the air, I'm not riding as much as I'd like until the storm passes...

Been hearing a lot of motorcycle accident reports on the radio lately.

Lots of new bikers out there now. Gas prices caused a run on motorcycle shops for people buying new bikes for the first time so they cold save gas money. But they don't know about riding motorcycles. And get hurt.

Bummer.

--Wag--

Here r my thoughts.
1st the speed limit is there for our safety as much is it the vehicles. You dont have to take a curve at 100mph, when the posted is 25mph. Its kinda of like telling my kids not to climb on their dresser. What happened? He fell and brought his tv down on his nuts. It seems stupid to listen to our elder but why do they tell us these things? b/c there is consequences behind everything that we do. OPen ur bike up on the long stretch. less dangerous.
We can avoid most of these accidents by havin some sense. Now we r still going to have the usual, vehicle not seeinf the bike deal. But we can stop the stupid crap. People u dont have to jump on the fastest thing when u been drinking. If u havent heard, It will kill u by itself. It doesnt need the help.
I havent had my bike but just a few days and i have already learned that it can get u in trouble very quickly. I dont know about where yall from but here in la ive heard more about h/d wrecks than any sport bike wrecks. Atleast in the past 6mnth. jm2c

some folks don't respect the power of these sportbikes and what they are capable of.

Lots of new bikers out there now. Gas prices caused a run on motorcycle shops for people buying new bikes for the first time so they cold save gas money. But they don't know about riding motorcycles. And get hurt.

I think that is a lot of it, you wouldnt believe the amount of people I see now since gas has gone up so much riding a scooter or small motorcyle wearing their shorts, skirts, dresses, shirt/tie, and a half helmet going to work. and if you watch them for more than a few seconds it is pretty evident that they are not very experienced or comfortable either.

What is going on with all of these wrecks? Is it because that we know that the season is closing? Why are so many people not just wrecking and acting like fools but are also dying. Like someone else has commented on a different thread, I feel like I am watching that movie where people that were killing themselves because of the plants were putting chemicals in the air (terrible movie, dont remember the name this year, I hated it actually) and whole cities of people were dying. Anyways, I think I will drive extra careful the rest of the year and may put my bike up early. The whole Brandon kid death has bothered me since last saturday for some reason. What are your thoughts? Did this happen like this last year? I don't remember.

Yep, I think you and all the posts below are correct...it is a bad mixture in this time of year for whatever reason.

BTW, that movie is called "The Happening" just fyi.:whistle:

People inexperienced or just think they're invincible riding these bikes like they're on the race track, and have no idea what they're doing. These missles we straddle are a bllast to ride, but kill or mame you in an instant. People don't respect them. It's like the Lion tamer, you have to know what you're doing when climb into the ring with them.

sad... guys get on these things and think they are "superman" or something... I tell people all the time that admire my bike that it takes a tremendous amount of self control while riding these awesome bikes because at the flick of the wrist, you're in triple digit speed therefore judgement and reaction time are greatly diminished. I hate to hear about these kids in these accidents... I can only think that they are trying to emmulate something that they've seen on TV (and I watch Jason Britton all the time too :bowdown:), but they haven't learned that there is a time and place for everything.

Glad it's not just me, I've noticed a lot of it too. Tonight riding around town I passed a couple of cars and some people were standing around...there it was, a bike down and the rider laid out near by but responsive. A few seconds after passing, I hear the sirens...wicked. Be safe guys.

P

Its just riders dying like they will. Its a fact of life...not all folks are going to make it to a ripe old age. There's a certain percentage of folks that just aren't meant to survive. And with more folks than ever riding, more are gonna be dying :unhappy: just be glad it aint you :please:

Back