New busa!

javie

Registered
Hi-
I just bought a 2003 Busa about 3 weeks ago, amazing bike =D. A bunch of my buddies (liter bike guys) told me 'busas cant hand with handling and cornering.. and they were wrong. I was amazed at how well it can corner.
Few questions though. My buddy called me at 5am (after a rain) cuz he blew a tire and needed help changing it (he was drunk) so I drove my bike out and was leaning into a curve and hit an oil slick =( and scratched up the right lower fairing.. I was pretty pissed off, but sanding and painting isn't a big deal. My question is what grit of sand paper would you guys use on a fairing? I've never done body work on bikes, just cars. Also.. how do you guys keep the bike down when you race her? Cuz I don't even drop the clutch high, I just take her from idle and she still wants to come up ha!

_D.jpg

Welcome!
Don't know about the paint.. but as for the coming off the ground.. I lean way up on the tank. A lot of people stretch it, but then you lose the corning ability.

I guess you could be easier on the throttle!
poke.gif

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
newbie.gif
be safe and enjoy. I just lay my fat azz up on the tank, but that won't work for you. Stretch, 6 over, lower 2" , but that will place the body closer to the ground and eat up some clearance in the corner.

Welcome to the board.
beerchug.gif
Just lay on the tank and gun it. You could lower it, but like everyone said, you sacrifice handling. Ride safe.

Yea that's what I've been doing, guess I better start eating a lot more =/ I weigh 175 and it'll still wanna pull on me. I found a painting section on the board though, came in super handy!

That there sure is a purty color... as far as paint technique, I remember some recent posts about sanding plastic for painting. Do a search...

beerchug.gif

PipeSideRear.JPG

Well, you got the fastest year AND color!!!

super.gif

Truly excellent, man.

--Wag--

Since you made an excellent selection... perhaps this will assist you... put some make-up on that girl!

Good luck with the new bike.......

Be carefull and ride her with respect.......

bowdown.gif

Keep her down, lean forward and press down and back on the foot pegs ! That will put more weight forward and keep you balanced  
super.gif

(DaCol. @ Aug. 10 2007,16:31) Keep her down, lean forward and press down and back on the foot pegs ! That will put more weight forward and keep you balanced
super.gif
thats a really good ideal... im surprised i didnt think about that. thanks! My god OEM paint is expensive as hell! I might as well custom paint it jeez.
http://www.colorrite.com

Looks like im emptying my savings again.. i'll post pics when I start with the new paint job =D

Congratulations on the bike!
beerchug.gif

Sorry about the scratches.
wow.gif

Welcome to the board!
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Back