2008 busa as 2nd bike

JackFast

Banned
My first bike was a 2007 Kawasaki ZZR-600, I been riding about four months now.

Im thinking of selling my ZZR-600 and getting a 2008 Hayabusa.

Im 44yrs old 220 Lbs. 6 feet and mature.
I mostly want the busa cuz of looks and comfort and i wont have to upgrade from bike to bike.

My question is: How does the busa handle in city? Does it handle well.
Just because its a fast bike doesent mean i have to go fast, does it?

I just mainly will be using it to go to work and just cruizing around.

What do you busa owners think?

Thanks for your replies everyone.:2thumbsup

The busa is great, no you dont have to fast all the time, but I like to run the big girl up sometimes.
whistling.gif
I think it keeps her clean on the inside. Just respect her and she will be good to you.

welcome.gif
to your new addiction/family btw.

welcome.gif
Yes the busa is a very good choice. Just be carefull since it will be a big diff. in weight and agility. City riding I dont like, it's to much bike to move around easily, But im only 190 lbs 5'11".

beerchug.gif
welcome to the family. I am 5'8" at 165 I have no problem handling the busa in town

welcome.gif
 Yes the busa is a very good choice. Just be carefull since it will be a big diff. in weight and agility. City riding I dont like, it's to much bike to move around easily, But im only 190 lbs 5'11".
I disagree with your comment that it's too much bike to move around easily.

I maintain that you can do whatever you choose to with the 'busa as long as you allow yourself time to adjust your thinking to it. I can turn tighter u-turns than my friends do with their 600's, 750's, and liter bikes.

It's a matter of understanding what you're capable of within the parameters the bike gives you. I ride my 'busas in every situation, and never have a problem.

Great all 'round machine; if you choose to buy one, you won't be disappointed.

Aside from all that, you get to be part of this group with like machinery. We, in and of ourselves, should be enough to sway you onto the best 2-wheeled machine ever crafted.

Busa as a 2nd bike...and 3rd and 4th, and so on...

08___06_Feb_9__08__4_.jpg

welcome.gif

I maintain that you can do whatever you choose to with the 'busa as long as you allow yourself time to adjust your thinking to it.  I can turn tighter u-turns than my friends do with their 600's, 750's, and liter bikes.  

It's a matter of understanding what you're capable of within the parameters the bike gives you.  I ride my 'busas in every situation, and never have a problem.

Aside from all that, you get to be part of this group with like machinery.  We, in and of ourselves, should be enough to sway you onto the best 2-wheeled machine ever crafted.

I've always wondered where all this "too big to handle in the city" stuff comes from....a couple decades ago the busa woulda been considered "lighter" for street duty
winkold.gif
I have absolutely no probs with my busa in any conditions, but I've also been riding big bikes for years, and I'm 6'3"...I could see someone smaller and coming off a small bike feeling the diff more at first. But once you adjust to it the busa's easy to ride anywhere imo (unless your VERY small)
laugh.gif

welcome.gif

I maintain that you can do whatever you choose to with the 'busa as long as you allow yourself time to adjust your thinking to it.  I can turn tighter u-turns than my friends do with their 600's, 750's, and liter bikes.  

It's a matter of understanding what you're capable of within the parameters the bike gives you.  I ride my 'busas in every situation, and never have a problem.

Aside from all that, you get to be part of this group with like machinery.  We, in and of ourselves, should be enough to sway you onto the best 2-wheeled machine ever crafted.

Slow speed sharp turns require good balance and a steady throttle. This bike can feel heavy at real slow speeds while turning sharp(say under 2-4 mph)and might feel like it wants to fall in on itself until you get to feel comfortable on it. If you were to look back over your shoulder wile turning at such a slow speed like to see if your bud is coming you can feel like your balance is off for a split second. It just comes down to being a heavier bike than the 600 but other than the above mentioned, the bike never feels heavy at speed and handles like a dream. People say "it's fast as hell going straight but it can't turn or isn't good in the twisties". Those are the people who've never riden a busa and are spitting out words like a parrot. As for tuning tighter u-turns than a 600,750,or 1000 but that probably come down to rider skill. Buy the busa!

Back