busa vs zzr1200 ?

geordie

Registered
thinking about trading my 03 zzr 1200 for a 05 "new" unregistered busa !
Anyone else done similar ? -- i don't think performance will be THAT much different , and the comfort will be worse I think - but I've always wanted a busa and love the look more than any other bike !

Comments welcomed ! ( I'm 6ft 3 and 15 stone ) - will comfort be a problem - as a test ride here is impossible !

I went from a 2001 ZX11 to a 2006 Hayabusa. You will gain about 20hp, better brakes, better suspension, and lose about 50 pounds of bike weight.

My ZX11 was very a comfortable cruiser, but I find the Hayabusa has a more race stance position that puts more weight on the wrists.

i had an 05 ZED12 which i loved (yeah guys i loved a machine) but like you, i always looked at the busa as one of those "did i really get what i wanted" kinds of feelings. due to an unfortunate accident my zzr was totalled ...you'll definitely lose comfort, leg room and bottom end torque...the busa seems to pull harder in the higher gears than the ZED. best of luck with your decision
slep_rock

Went from nothin to a Busa. I think you can handle it
beerchug.gif

i did the same switch about 8 months ago.....im very happy i did.  i had an 02 zzr1200 with a full 4:1 exhaust,  down one tooth in the front, and genmar bar risers.   a very comfortable ,fast bike.

i switched to an 03 busa with a 4:1 muzzy, power command, up 3 teeth in the rear.   bar risers and lowered foot pegs from a buell.   my riding position is almost identical to the zzr because of the very inexpensive foot peg mod.....and a huge increase in performance !!!

im 6'6"  300lbs

Newcastle  
wow.gif
, Awwwwwww, what great memories of working with the Durham Light Infantry. What a GREAT bunch of guys, a little heavy on the  
beerchug.gif
 and  
all_coholic.gif
, but a GREAT Group  
super.gif

Do it ! I went from a 2000 ZX11 to the Mighty busa. never looked back.

Bike___colorado_2005_pics_008a.JPG

is the zzr similar to the fz1?if so,was a great move for me.Busa is 2nd to no one at high speed stability

guys the 2005 ZZR1200 shows 160hp! Is this the real deal? What is this guys performance compared to our busas?

(The busa look definitely looks better.)

(Rocketman @ Mar. 04 2007,11:19) guys the 2005 ZZR1200 shows 160hp!  Is this the real deal?  What is this guys performance compared to our busas?

Not sure where the figures come from.... But, I'm sure those are BHP numbers!
The ZZR is a very nice/capable bike! But the two are really not comparable. The Busa is a little more agressive in rider position and lacks some of the refinements of the Kawi. I feel that if a person were to do the peg mod and possibly the riser mod they'd enjoy many years of carefree sport-touring! One other benefit is the abundance of parts/accessories available for the Busa! The bug is 6'5"........

I went from a 96 zx11 to a 06 Busa. zx is more comfy while the Busa is slightly more agggresive in terms of rider's position. However, the suspension feels much more advance on the Busa. And my favorite?.........fuel injection!!!!!! No more hassle of the carbs.

PS: I was going to buy a leftover 2005 (new) zzr1200. My freinds kept telling me is about time I try fuel injection and inverted fork set-up. I took thier advice and dont regret it.

I was reading the 160hp on this web site. Bikerz and it shows 160hp and 121 ft lbs of torque for the 2004. Wow?

Not sure what to think about this... I see Kawi has discontinued this bike for 2007 - or at least it's not showing up in their product line on the web site.

those 2 bike is not compatible...busa will be on anyones top choices....any which way you put it on...
all_coholic.gif

wow, what a decision, I too had a 02 zzr 1200 loved the bike but was totalled due to someone else pulling out in front of me. I am a kawi man who converted to the busa. I have a 73 z1 ( first bike @ 21, dad gave to me), but if you tour the busa is very capable like the zzr. if your a dragger or a twister again capable. I bought the 06 le and like it alot. BUT, I wanna throw you a curve, if you can look at the zx-14 before you make a final decision, I rode one and very much like the zzr and busa combined. I really like the 14 looks and all, although not at first . but if the busa is more in your range go with it you won't be dissapointed.
pissed.gif
 sorry got winded.
biggrin.gif

(Rocketman @ Mar. 04 2007,09:19) guys the 2005 ZZR1200 shows 160hp! Is this the real deal? What is this guys performance compared to our busas?

Im sure they probably make that kinda hp, i had a a model 12, and it was making somewhere in the high 170s with stockmotor, They are definitely fast, just unreliable,

btw, on one of two passes on my 12, it went 10.09@146mph.

Back