Hayabusa and ZX-14

GoFaster

Just A Little Faster...
Donating Member
Registered
You may have seen this clip already, but just thought it could be thrown out there to stimulate conversation-again.

Does anyone else remember reading about ‘Thrust’ being a measurable component as to overall performance per one of the motorcycle magazines a while ago? The Hayabusa having excellent Thrust measurements, something that is almost never mentioned or used in motorcycle reviews.

And how about the aerodynamics of the Hayabusa requiring less power, but yet having more (power, in most cases), to be pushed through the air, atmosphere, etc. than the ZX-14 and even the GSXR1000? Just interesting factors nonetheless.

How about the time in the first quarter mile run in the video clip? It appears that the Busa does quite well. Yet it's compared to a second quarter mile run with different times later. Which is correct? Rider talent possibly?

Just throwing it out there for conversations sake.

Last edited by a moderator:
EVERYONE IS ALWAYS TALKING ABOUT THE 14, IT JUST DON'T DO IT FOR ME.
I did see one custom that got rid of those stupid fins, or grills, and it looked nice. It's just not that easy to look at. And as far as them being faster, how many people out there leave them stock ? And once you get into that it's just who has more, or better mods..

If they would just do something with those dang grills! And what were they thinking on that banana seat? It looks alot better with the rear cowl on but it still looks like......a 14.

Having had both bikes (2006 Busa and 2006 ZX-14) you get a real perspective of both machines, not a magazine journalist's biased opinion or a quick ride on your buddies bike. Own both to beat on everyday is really fun stuff.  If you buy bike for looks alone the Busa has better lines. Riders will find qualities in both machines and faults in both.

GregsNinja001.jpg

GregsNinja010.jpg

GregsNinja007.jpg

BluePuig002.jpg

CompletionProjectBusa008.jpg

CompletionProjectBusa006.jpg

CompletionProjectBusa004.jpg

CompletionProjectBusa003.jpg

CompletionProjectBusa002.jpg

this topic will never end...these bikes are too close in Power/capabilities for either to really 'one-up' the other....which shows how lame Kaw. is to me, if after 7YEARS of R&D and all kinds of secret testing-they build a bike that barely out-performs a motor/chassis/body combo thats been around for almost TEN?!?!? Suzuki just gave them the biggest Pimp-slap ever when the Busa was introduced...and Kawasaki cant build/release a fire-breathin Monster to trump this thing if their Lives depended on it.

that bein said-I like Greg's 14 there w/ the red/black scheme cuz it draws my attention away from the Gills....but even with the smoothed-out replacements the front of the 14 still makes my stomach get all knotted-up
crazy.gif
I keep seein the aliens from Independence Day when I look at it...
all_coholic.gif

The one thing that really bugs me about new bikes with 2 or 4 headlights is having only ONE low beam. Looks like you have a headlight out. WTF is that all about? Looks like shiat.

BTW, the busa's headlight doesn't impress me as far as visibility goes. Can the headlight be adjusted for height?  I need to bring up mine a little to put the beam out farther ahead. (or lower the rear, NOT)

Now I would have NO PROBLEM with owning GPW's 14 !!!!!!

That's my point, they can look really nice custom !!!!!!!!

The Busa starts off nice, (to me anyway.)

Is there a such thing as Busa envy ? Go to a bike night, and stand away from your Busa, you will hear some harsh coments. Mostly from 600 owners. people will walk past all kinds of bikes, and not say anything until they come up on a Busa !!!!! And they always say the same thing "I guess it's okay if all you like to do is go in straight lines" I love the way my Busa handles !!!!!! And even some of the Harley guys have said to me "yeah, you might take me in the turns, but once we get on open highway it's a whole different story". In my head I'm like yeah your right, a WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY !!!!!!

I give props to anyone who has a nice ride, Harley, Kawi, Honda, Suzuki, whatever !!!!!!  Just because it's not the bike I would pick out don't mean there's something wrong with it.

(JuiceSC @ May 13 2007,09:22) The one thing that really bugs me about new bikes with 2 or 4 headlights is having only ONE low beam. Looks like you have a headlight out. WTF is that all about? Looks like shiat.

BTW, the busa's headlight doesn't impress me as far as visibility goes. Can the headlight be adjusted for height?  I need to bring up mine a little to put the beam out farther ahead. (or lower the rear, NOT)
one word will change your night-vision woes my friend:

H.I.D. !!

get a 6-8K kit and you'll be fine
beerchug.gif

(GPW @ May 13 2007,09:37) Having had both bikes (2006 Busa and 2006 ZX-14) you get a real perspective of both machines, not a magazine journalist's biased opinion or a quick ride on your buddies bike. Own both to beat on everyday is really fun stuff.  If you buy bike for looks alone the Busa has better lines. Riders will find qualities in both machines and faults in both.

GregsNinja001.jpg

GregsNinja010.jpg

GregsNinja007.jpg

BluePuig002.jpg

CompletionProjectBusa008.jpg

CompletionProjectBusa006.jpg

CompletionProjectBusa004.jpg

CompletionProjectBusa003.jpg

CompletionProjectBusa002.jpg
The most reasonable sounding review I've seen said that the X14 handled a little better and the Busa wins hands down on comfort. As an owner of both...what do you think?

(JuiceSC @ May 13 2007,07:22) The one thing that really bugs me about new bikes with 2 or 4 headlights is having only ONE low beam. Looks like you have a headlight out. WTF is that all about? Looks like shiat.

yes they can be adjusted...there is two adjustment bolts inside the nose......They look like they have notches cut arund the perimeter of them and I think they are kind of gold in color.I adjusted mine and I don't need H.I.D.....

You know, I rode both the Busa and the 14 eight months ago and am totally satisfied with my Busa. What angers me are the stupid headlines used in all the bike magazines..."ZX-14 dethrones Hayabusa" and "A new topdog on the block". That's all crap designed to sell more magazines, not give an objective comparison of 2 very fine bikes....bikes that less than 3% of their owners will leave bone stock, therefore the comparison is irrelevant. One more RANT....given the incredible cult like following and amazing aftermarket industry that has grown up around the Hayabusa....when one searches the last 8 years of motojournalism, one finds a sad lack of reporting and testing of the Hayabusa in porportion to its popularity and significance in the motorcycle world. There, I said it! Raydog

P1000124.JPG

Both are fine products of engineering. On the street the best rider will win almost any race. Which one is better? Which ever happens to be the one you throw your leg across and call your own. Just my opinion!

Where does this zx14  is not any faster or much faster than a Busa stuff come from?? Show me a Busa with the same mods as my zx14 run 8.77 @ 154 ...Not going to happen unless you a have a 1397 kit in your Busa ...Stock for stock or mod for mod the zx14 wins ... If you think getting beat by 3 tenths of a second is nothing come to the track and see what 3 tenth is ... It is and ass woopin plan and simple ..Now you may think i'm bashing the Busa but i an NOT ..I had two busas and know them very well  and when the new Busa comes out and it's even 2 tenths faster than a zx14 i will  own one again..But for now the zx14 is on top... Here is a video of my zx14 putting the smack down on a busa ...

<embed width="430" height="389" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://s129.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid129.photobucket.com/albums/p236/smokinzx14/lee_run3-1.flv"></embed>

Here is one of myzx14 beating a Busa with a 1397 motor with a long long arm and a sidewinder .

Last edited by a moderator:
For you guys that have a Busa and a 14.
How do the trannys compare?
I have had several Kawasakis but my Busa is the first Suzuki I have had ( execpt my son's GSX-R600 )
and from what I remember the Kawasakis had a smoother tranny. Hopefully my Busa will get better when I go to synthetic oil.

Back