A very humble thank you

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
As I think all of you know by now I got a new 07 busa about a month ago. I contacted Cloud Nine for pricing on a tank bra, Daniel and I from cloud nine went back and forth on a price and at the end of the day he would not send me one if I payed for it.

Mod 1 = New tank bra Thank you Daniel @ Cloud Nine

captains-mods%20004.jpg

When I showed up at the bash on Thurs night I was handed a package from one of the members and they were asked to give it to me. As it turns out MC Mustang had received this from a member but since he had to go to the ER he asked someone else to give it to me..... Can you believe that Shawn was thinking of me before he left for the ER to get checked out... AMAZING! I opened the package and see a key ring with a note from Sloto200 telling me to enjoy the bike.... WOW, I was speechless....

Mod 2 = Key Ring from Sloto200

captains-mods%20001.jpg

So Friday evening I take a shower and drive the van down to the phillips so I can visit with eveyone. I parked the bike next to the ATM in the hotel parking lot. I ate dinner with the group, was consuming a few and laughing heartily with the group.... About 2am I drove back to my hotel, glanced over and there was the bike just where I left her...... I went to bed and didn't think a thing about it. I woke up Sat morning and was going to head to the CROT to eat breakfast. I walked out to the bike and this guy I have never met walked up to me and says hey Cap nice bike.... The ex cop in me says hmmm how did he know my name and how did he know that was my bike, I think he saw the look in my eyes and he introduces himself as Daryl from Roadlok... We spoke for a few minutes and I asked if he wanted to ride to the CROT with me.... Daryl says sure, starts putting his gear on and as he is walking to his bike says something about taking the pin out of my lock... I remember saying "Yeah right I wish I had one.." We rode down the street to meet up with the other members to ride as a group... I got off the bike and of course there were busas everywhere... I got off and a few minutes later I heard some of the folks talking about the roadlok and that they had never seen one with a dustcover, I said I was going to get one and after they kept talking I turned around and remember thinking to myself that it would look good on my black bike... About that time on my left I heard someone say something about a throttle meister on a bike, they said they thought they were only made in brushed finish or something and that they had never seen the black ones before... I was thinking " I just looked at those on the Internet before I left on the trip, that was my number one wish for the bike and after the long ride to Hooters the day before I new I had to have a set" I turned and looked and noticed they looked awesome in the black finish. Someone asked me when I got them and I said what? I payed more attention and noticed the red keyring that Sloto200 had sent me and I then realized that "HEY THATS MY BIKE" It all came together then, the comment from Daryl and why everyone was talking about it..... I guess I can't take a hint.....

As it turns out Mc Mustang set it all up and worked with Roadlok to get them to donate a lock for the suprise and Nitrous Junkie bought the throttle meister to put on the bike... Paul you are just too damn much and I don't know how I can say thank you.... You continue to amaze me and you bring a contagious attitude of giving and helping your fellow man to the group.... THANK YOU !

Daryl, thanks for coming to the bash and participating, it showed your dedication to the group. Thanks for the Lock, I will show it to everyone.....

captains-mods%20007.jpg

captains-mods%20002.jpg

captains-mods%20003.jpg

On Friday when I was yukin it up with the members OMSLAW and Semi went out to my bike at the hotel and changed the bar ends and installed the Roadlok.....

SEMI Omslaw thanks for what you did, you sacrificed your time from the fire pit to go and work on my bike.....Thanks!

To the cop that sat across the street and watched Semi and Omslaw pull my bike apart.... Way to stay on top of it!!!!!

To the members that helped out and kept me busy... thanks for the laughs....

cap

Last edited:
Nobody deserves to be taken care of more than you! I know that you sometimes underestimate your value to the people of this board; your guidance and leadership (stick and rudder of sorts) is what fundamentally grounds this place as an internet home for many of us... I have learned more about my bike and about people from this board than just about any other source I could name... with very few exceptions, people here are as good as gold and that is due in large part to the example you set.

Sincerely, thank you for providing a place for me to hang my hat! You deserve much, much more...
bowdown.gif

Ok, this is way more touching then when Old Yellar died guys!

By the way, you do deserve our thanks Cap because if it weren't for you, we wouldn't have this wonderful place to congregate and exchange ideas and stories!

No butts about it, thank you!

Great_butt.jpg

(MC MUSTANG @ May 02 2007,22:55) Nobody deserves to be taken care of more than you!  I know that you sometimes underestimate your value to the people of this board; your guidance and leadership (stick and rudder of sorts) is what fundamentally grounds this place as an internet home for many of us...  I have learned more about my bike and about people from this board than just about any other source I could name... with very few exceptions, people here are as good as gold and that is due in large part to the example you set.

Sincerely, thank you for providing a place for me to hang my hat!  You deserve much, much more...  
bowdown.gif
couldnt have said it better shawn!!!!

Cap, good things happen to good people...... and u my friend are good people!!! thanks for providing a place to call my 2nd home.

(Shanling @ May 02 2007,23:05) Ok, this is way more touching then when Old Yellar died guys!

By the way, you do deserve our thanks Cap because if it weren't for you, we wouldn't have this wonderful place to congregate and exchange ideas and stories!

hey, my butt kinda looked like that in my leathers....

If you come to the fall bash, maybe other things may fall onto your bike!

(ozzy04 @ May 02 2007,22:06)
(Shanling @ May 02 2007,23:05) Ok, this is way more touching then when Old Yellar died guys!

No it didn't stop kidding yourself if it did there would have been more than just BOB grabbing it....

(captain @ May 02 2007,23:09)
(ozzy04 @ May 02 2007,22:06)

No it didn't stop kidding yourself if it did there would have been more than just BOB grabbing it....
BOB wasnt the only one.....  DO3 got a handful as well.....  kinda creeped me out but it happens
poke.gif
.....  im sure there were others that wanted to get a handful but couldnt muster up the courage to do so..........

ok, back on subject

What goes around comes around
beerchug.gif

You started this mess
tounge.gif
so just hang on and enjoy the ride with us
super.gif

From someone that owns a forum I will again say that you (Cap) have a great board and even better members.
bowdown.gif

I wish I had known where to look for you at on Saturday. I would have enjoyed meeting you.
You're not too far up the road. You never know, we may have to take a ride for lunch some time.

A little token of my appreciation for providing us with this great place to meet and share info.

Well said, Shawn! CAp, you deserve every bit of it. Semi and I (I'm sure) looked funny working on your bike in our PINK shirts!

Back