To Mrs. GSXcite My humble thanks

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
There have been very few times in my life that I have been truly shocked and one of those times was this weekend at Eureka.

I often feel overwhelmed with guilt because of the exceptional ways that you all treat me at the events. As Korny as this might sound I am just not worthy of the attention and kindness that you show me. This weekend in Eureka GSXcite came up to me and handed me a package and a few kind words to go along.

The story goes like this....

Two years ago GSXcite's wife made a blanket for the Org to raffle off. When I saw the blanket that she made I instantly fell in love with it and wanted to keep it for myself because it was so nice, Hal could see it in my eyes.

We raffled the blanket and I never gave it another thought... well until I opened the package and found a large hand made blanket with embroidered Kanji's all over it. Hal explained to me that Mary matched the colors of the material to my bike and that she wanted me to have this as a gift.

Mary I just can't thank you enough, I do know first hand the hard work and time that goes into making something so special, my mother has made blankets and things for the family for years and I have seen first hand the labor of love.

While I still don't feel that I deserve such a gift I accepted the blanket from Hal and gave Mary a great big hug. Mary words just can't describe the thankful heart that I have and have no idea how I can explain it.

While I still know that I don't deserve any gifts from anyone I just can't help but smile and be grateful for such good friends.

Mary there is no way that I can express to you the thanks that I have for the gift, I have slept using this blanket since the first night that you gave it to me and will continue to use it.

Thank you for the gift and more importantly the time and love it took to make it.....

Doug

kanji-blanket-2.jpg

kanji-blanket-3.jpg

kanji-closeup.jpg

kanji-blanket-2.jpg

kanji-blanket-3.jpg

kanji-closeup.jpg

Last edited:
Your blanket will be the envy of everyone, Doug.

Hal & Mary...what a great couple you are. One which the masses should emulate.

:beerchug:

Very nice.

You deserve it, Doug :beerchug:

Looks great, Mary! Way to go!

Darn Captain, that is nice. Maybe Mary could make more and have them for sale here on the .oRg? I can see myself wrapping up in one of those babies. I know they wouldn't be cheap but nothing that nice is. You deserve it Doug! Job very well done Mary! :thumbsup:

Mary, you did an outstanding job on that blanket! I had busa envy till I finally got one, now I have busa blanket envy! :laugh:

You deserve it Captain! :thumbsup:

Back