rider withdrawal

BUSAFETT

Registered
Well, it's official.  As of today I'm going through serious DT's without being able to ride.  I thought it would be nice to take my mind off of the bike and watch the SPEED channel to check out some classic cars..  Well one of tonight's main sponsors was the new Kawi ZX6, so every 30 min or so they'd show the commercial with the guy on the bike riding thru all the twisties to his house.

I think it's time to move to AZ or CA, b/c the cold weather just totally kills everything I love to do most!!

BUSAFETT

I never thought of retiring here in SoCal....but now I am cause you can't beat the weather. The more I ride...the more I love it.....

I'm afraid to move. This place
super.gif

feel the same
we are moveing to az this summer. headed out ther the end of feb. for some warm weather.
beerchug.gif

I cant complain it was 70 degrees here on Monday.

But winter is depressing

HPIM0040.jpg

Our last "group ride" I thought ther was only
going to be 2 of us.The shiny ground was ice.

HPIM0091.jpg
HPIM0092.jpg

I "dug" my garage out of the snow and
ice yesterday.I had to chop ice all of the
way down the alley to get to a semi-clear
side street to get out to the main road.
I did'nt want to take chances with the Busa
so I busted out the Honda from garage jail

HPIM0053.jpg

Back to our 2 peson ride 4 showed
it's hard to get people out when it's
35 degrees at the warmest part of
the day

We are going to Ocean Shores tomorrow I'm not sure hhow many will make it .Most all of the snow and ice is gone finally 10 days later

(Devil Dog @ Jan. 19 2007,19:44) I never thought of retiring here in SoCal....but now I am cause you can't beat the weather.  The more I ride...the more I love it.....

I'm afraid to move.  This place  
super.gif
Even the weather here has been freaky the past two to three weeks. Extreme cold and wind blowing a gale, but for the most part we get more riding days than anywhere else in the country. Plus we have a huge variety of roads and terrain. Yeah, I plan on staying here and riding until I need a three wheeler.

SanDiegoSnow.png

(ranman @ Jan. 19 2007,19:44) feel the same
we are moveing to az this summer. headed out ther the end of feb. for some warm weather.
beerchug.gif
Oh boy....Ranman's moving to a neighborhood near me...or maybe not so near? Where you going Ranman.

Az is nice for riding, weather is good and a variety of twisties or long straights can be found all over the place. Cost of living is less than many places also (like CA). Monsoons suck though.

I have DT's as well, my Busa's been down 2.5weeks now. Tore it down for painting, then started powder coating wheels etc, and now waiting on fricken wheel bearing dust covers/seals. Hopefully Tues. they will come in so I can get out on the road again.

Was planning to ride today and woke up to snow. Just looking out the window, about 1.572 inches.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Withdrawals hurt.

--Wag--

This weather sucks!!! The wonderful ice storm we had last weekend (on my 4-day weekend) just had to occur for my big bike trip to Big Bend National Park. Of course I couldn't go with ice and snow falling. Dammit.

its cold here this morning but its gonna wam to about 58 degrees i will do some extra miles for ya all
tounge.gif
pics to come
race.gif

First year in a long long time that my bikes have not been in FL. for the winter. My Lovely wife will have to keep me warm until Spring.
biggrin.gif
I have to say though that here in CT. we could ride until just a week ago.

Back