We are getting hit with another Ice Sorm

I went through the ice storm that Nebraska had over New Years just a couple weeks back.  We went without power for 4 days.  Some people in Nebraska are STILL without power.  Some of the power crews were actually out this afternoon replacing a couple power poles about 1/ mile down the road from me that have been laying on the ground for 2 weeks.

Here is a site that a local guy took of the area.  Quite a few of the shots were with a couple miles of my house.  ICE STORM PICS

Got round 2 of ice last night. The streets are still pretty good, but tree limbs are breaking and taking out power lines in places again.

100_2548.JPG

That's unbelievable. Used to get storms like that in Missouri. Having a wood burning stove is of paramount importance.

The big storm we were supposed to get last night? We got about 1/16" of snow.

That's it? Excellent!
biggrin.gif

--Wag--

I thought I did not have any limbs left to break off from the last storm, but have limbs down in yard again. I am glad we did not get much of anything. Father in law is without power I heard on news 80,000 without power this time but power company got smart and trimmed some trees last time. Suppose to get some more today then snow. Looks nasty out, looks like it could let loose,

I didn't realize just how bad it was. The news is running photos of all the damage and I'm blown away.

I used to live in Missouri many years ago and I've never heard or seen anything like this. I hope the people in outlying areas are going to be okay.

--Wag--

We've had no power or phones since Friday night. I tookm a few pictures....Springfield got hit very hard. These are fom my house & street.

IMG_0434.JPG

that looks worse than what i have here!! is there anything i can do to help you out?

(semi @ Jan. 15 2007,10:03) that looks worse than what i have here!!  is there anything i can do to help you out?
Thanks for offering, Semi. We should be ok. It's going to be a long drawn out cleanup process. I've got a pick up and trailer but I hear the brush dumps are already overwhelmed. A lot of it will be burnable next year. I've got three house worth of disaster to clean. The picture with the satellite dish in the back yard; that yard is normally just open lawn. The good news is that damage to the houses is minimal as far as we can tell. Just a BUNCH of chain sawing and hauling ahead. It could be worse.

Back