Hurricane Katrina

TruWrecks

Banned
I hope everyone in the area that got hit is okay.

I have a sister that lives in Bay of St. Louis, MS. She and her family are currently in Pensacola, Fl. She saw a picture of a building a few blocks from her house, and it was demolished. There was about 20ft of water that was blown through that area. Looks like they may has lost everything, but their lives!

She asked my mom if she could come back to Oregon. We'll know if she's coming in the next few days.

God Speed to everyone in the Gulf Coast area!

Doug

I have an uncle that lives in Gulfport, MS... so Katrina basically came and knocked on his front door. Waiting to see what we hear from him and his...

But the footage is insane.. New Orleans dodged a bullet somewhat, but they still got smacked around. Crazy thing is relatively speaking, the French Quarter was evidently untouched. Crazy.

Katrina used my neck of the woods as a warm up. It was only a cat.1 when she hit us in S. Florida and did more damage than what was expected.

She has already claimed over 60 lives including the 5 down here, and I doubt the count has ended.

Damn ...
down.gif

Glad to hear you guys are still with us.

They expect the death toll to hit 500  
sad.gif

Damn thing remained a hurricane almost up to Tennessee  
wow.gif

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125417425 -->

Pensacola got some decent wind and rain but not much more. Parts of town lost power for about 27 hours.
50 miles away Mobile got flooded, hope people are allright whatever they endured from this one.

Looks like the levees are failing in NO, and flooding is happening even more now. Their water system has failed (a huge 50-foot main broke) so now none of the water can be drunk until it is boiled.

I wonder how much of south Louisiana and Alabama are going to look like refugee camps.
sad.gif

One of my friends lives there, what the bad news is he keeps one of my bikes at his house. Im waiting to hear the outcome!!!!!

Well fellas, I live in Baton Rouge and have several family members staying with me right now from New Orleans. I lost a couple of trees and a fence on my property and had to go without power for about 36 hours but feel very lucky. My cousins house is in 8 feet of water. This is my first chance to get on a computer because cable is out and I have a cable modem at home. Later

Most of the cell phone swithes that server the Gulf area have been damaged, or the lines to them have been taken down. Some "out of state" cell phones are working on the cell sites that still exist.

My sister lost her house to wind and water. Her mom and another sister both lost their homes under 11ft of water (still there yesterday). Sandra (sister #1 in MS) said there are bodies floating around everywhere near Bay of St Louis, and that it looks like a war movie.

Prayer ging out that everyone is okay.

They're now saying that people displaced and refugees may have to stay out of the city a minimum of sixteen weeks! Meanwhile, some areas are under martial law, and the looters are taking free run of the place...

Yeah I hope the best for all to include the elderly who might have had their homes paid for but fixed or no incomes did not allow the luxury of having home owners insurance .

Processed base oil prices are already up .Thats oil that was already refined and ready to blend  The light centistroke hydrocracked looks ..... they are killing us . Needs another topic though .

http://www.imakenews.com/lng/e_article000448059.cfm?x=b5tJjl3,b26kmrwh

Back