Noticed something when looking at old threads...

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
When old threads get dug up,I scroll thru and look at member names and first think of how I miss this or that person that doesn't post any more.Thats a bummer.I always look at their join date and the "last seen" date. What I notice time and time again is that they quite often were a posting member for 10 years. I see it a lot. Is that perhaps the average length of time the average Busa owner has their bike before they sell it or something? Do folks still have their Busa and just not post any more? Do they move to another Busa site and never look back?
Thoughts anybody? Class...class...Bueller....
Rubb.

Probably the absolute maximum anyone can survive reading the mad shite you post . it's eventually going to make your brain explode , I can verify this personally ..

[ The above statement may have slight inaccurasies, or may not , depending on how long you have been here ]

Probably the absolute maximum anyone can survive reading the mad shite you post . it's eventually going to make your brain explode , I can verify this personally ..

[ The above statement may have slight inaccurasies, or may not , depending on how long you have been here ]
OK...but aside from that,you miserable old bastid. Any thoughts or idea's besides the fuggin obvious. Plus I'll have you know there was this one member...sent me a PM once,said they really enjoyed my posts.So there. Sadly,me Mum doesn't post any more.
Rubb.

My thoughts are people just age out just like anything else in life and move on to new interests and endoevours.

So as you have pointed out, not every person is built to ride 20 plus years on the best built Hyper-bike ever concieved and staying here just reminds them of better days gone by .

My thoughts are people just age out just like anything else in life and move on to new interests and endoevours.

So as you have pointed out, not every person is built to ride 20 plus years on the best built Hyper-bike ever concieved and staying here just reminds them of better days gone by .
That's kind of sad Timmy. You've been on Busa a long time. 20 years? Same,first Busa? I'm about 19 years,5th Busa,
Rubb.

20 years come Feb 2021 .

I have had 5 Busa's total all Gen 1's, currently own 2 .

4 new from the dealership

Then of course my current favorite " The Dragon Bike "

Dragon.jpg

20 years come Feb 2021 .

I have had 5 Busa's total all Gen 1's, currently own 2 .

4 new from the dealership

Then of course my current favorite " The Dragon Bike "

View attachment 1629741
4 new...I have never had a brand new car/truck or M/C. 5 gen I's...never ventured past '07 eh. No interest in Gen II,don't like the body style? I was not a fan at first myself. Then awesome priced one's just started falling in my lap.I always liked The Dragon Bike. Did John spray that paint himself?
Rubb.

I think people just enjoy the social aspect for as long as it has appeal, but eventually either someone or something erodes that appeal... or ... the enjoyment just wanes as most things in life seem to do, over periods of time.
Also circumstances can change suddenly and dramatically in people’s lives and they can disappear from this great forum over night.
But, at the end of the day it’s all worth it, just meeting so many awesome and interesting people (bikers) and from so many different nationalities and cultures is mind blowing...... well it is for me, I’m lovin it!
I reckon the political debates here can seriously divide members and cause consternation, a few have gone because of that but HOPEFULLY will calm down and return.
I mean after all, we’re here to celebrate and discuss the mighty Hayabusa!!

My thoughts for over 30 years was that I ride a bike 20,000- 25,000 miles a year in New England .

Buy a brand new one every other year cash in Jan -Feb for short money new .

Ride the snot out of it for 2 seasons , then come Thanksgiving sell it for short money.in great condition with higher than average mileage .

Never lost more than 1500 a year doing that for over 3 decades .

So I always had a pretty shiny bike to ride and never cared about the knicks and imperfections that popped up over it 20 month of use with me .

When old threads get dug up,I scroll thru and look at member names and first think of how I miss this or that person that doesn't post any more.Thats a bummer.I always look at their join date and the "last seen" date. What I notice time and time again is that they quite often were a posting member for 10 years. I see it a lot. Is that perhaps the average length of time the average Busa owner has their bike before they sell it or something? Do folks still have their Busa and just not post any more? Do they move to another Busa site and never look back?
Thoughts anybody? Class...class...Bueller....
Rubb.
Here's to staying in a midlife crisis forever:beerchug:

My thoughts for over 30 years was that I ride a bike 20,000- 25,000 miles a year in New England .

Buy a brand new one every other year cash in Jan -Feb for short money new .

Ride the snot out of it for 2 seasons , then come Thanksgiving sell it for short money.in great condition with higher than average mileage .

Never lost more than 1500 a year doing that for over 3 decades .

So I always had a pretty shiny bike to ride and never cared about the knicks and imperfections that popped up over it 20 month of use with me .
Really interesting way to do it! Riding is my passion as well and for a little more than a higher end DirecTV subscription one could have a newer bike constantly. If you're able to sell a 2 year old bike for 3 grand less than a new one, you're buying and selling at the right timing.

Really interesting way to do it! Riding is my passion as well and for a little more than a higher end DirecTV subscription one could have a newer bike constantly. If you're able to sell a 2 year old bike for 3 grand less than a new one, you're buying and selling at the right timing.
Its awesome that @TIMMYDUCK can pull this off.Very cool. In my corner of the world there is not the slightest chance of pulling off something like that. The Busa is just not that sought after around here. Most dealerships around here never even have 1 on the floor.Years and years can go by before you see one.When they do,the one Busa will sit there a very long time. Most of the young sportbike crowd want 600's and 750's,a few buy liter bikes. The Busa is just not wanted.Most older guys are afraid of 'em...the sport-touring crowd has no interest. It is tuff to even sell a Busa around here,let alone recoup a decent portion of the new bike cost. They are a rare breed around here.I'll have to keep the one of have...this time. :D
Rubb.

I've wondered the same thing. Where the people go and why. I joined when I bought my busa and locked the keys under the seat. I think the first response I got was "time to get a new bike!" lol. I was a avid member of katriders.com when I owned a katana and stopped posting the day I got my Hayabusa. I imagine Ill leave for good when I get my Goldwing.

I've wondered the same thing. Where the people go and why. I joined when I bought my busa and locked the keys under the seat. I think the first response I got was "time to get a new bike!" lol. I was a avid member of katriders.com when I owned a katana and stopped posting the day I got my Hayabusa. I imagine Ill leave for good when I get my Goldwing.

Been to Katriders lately? Place is a ghost-town.

Back