Changes To The Group Over The Years

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Well folks you have probably read MC_Mustang's post: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/thre...ts-something-like-this-every-so-often.190763/
about going through old post and seeing old members and recalling what it was like 5 - 10 - 15 years ago on the site. We have been working on the forums and in that process we have literally been through thousands of threads and looked at tens of thousands of pictures over the past couple of weeks. I ran across some pretty hilarious post that I had forgotten and came to some threads that I wish I had never had to go through. One thing that I did notice was the changes of our kids, there have been hundreds of members that posted up pics of their kids when they were born, kids on their Busa's when they were not even able to reach the bars from the seat...

So in Org fashion... Let's see the before and after pics...

Here is a thread I put up in 2005 of my youngest son...

Before and after

tristan_network.gif

tk2.jpg

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/threads/everyone-say-it-together.16889/#post-248918

I know i'm new around here , but 13 years on another forum that I'm still active on even though sold ZRX last year . Sorry for so many but its a Suzuki kind of Time line . Hunter with the B king was 6 now on back of Hayabusa 16 , man time fly's .
Cap your son lost the baby fat in the chin . :)

100_0430.jpg
100_0433.jpg
100_0439.jpg
100_1156.jpg
20160705_201559_zpsvcnjc0hd.jpg
20160706_080434_HDR_zpsqa4fsovp.jpg

Thats awesome, just the kinda stuff that makes us look back and realize how much they have changed..

I hadn't realized that in October I will have been here twelve years! I've only got one bike that I had when I joined, the 79 CBX. Sixteen months after joining I bought the 06LE and I still have it. Since I joined I've ridden over 100,000 miles just on those two bikes.

Since I have been on the oRg: I have moved six times, been divorced and remarried, retired from the military, been to 15 different countries - and Bessie is still in the garage - but as for the boys:

Christopher on Bessie - 2005
Christopher on Bessie.jpg

Christopher and Declin 2008
Christopher and declin with cans.jpg

Christopher and Declin 2009

christopher and declin thinker.jpg

Christopher and Declin 2016
thumb_IMG_3603_1024.jpg

Last edited:
Shawn, it looks like Decklin turned into Christopher, he looks a lot like a younger version of his brother.

When I joined, Sam was almost 3 and David was almost 1...they're now 14 & 16, Sam's 6'2" and still growing, and David's taller than me and hitting a growth spurt. Both are so funny and so much fun. I was meant to have boys, both avid fans of all-things-motorized, both tolerate my love of music and go to concerts with me often. They're in high school band, playing sax, bass clarinet, trumpet, even dabbling in guitar. Both recently got their boater's licenses (which scares the crap out of me, the Busa rider), David still rides dirt bikes and Sam's gearing up to get his driver's license. Where has the time gone?!

I just took the pic of my boys this morning with their dog, Angus, photobombing - first day of school...

Last pic is of all 7 of us....Omar's kids have grown quite a bit too!

6MyBoys.JPG
VabsBoys.jpg
touring.jpg
BoysInSept2016.png
Family.jpg

This board probably flows in waves... lots of action when the first Gen debuted, then a petering off of new information as owners got on top of typical mods, etc... then the Gen2 came along and bam! More new information, mods, tip and tricks! Now we're nearing the end of the life of the Gen2 with nothing new left to learn so the board ebbs back to chatter among friends and trip reports... expect another nuclear blast of knowledge if and when the Gen3 appears! It better be "when" and not "if"! And it better be soon. :thumbsup:

This board probably flows in waves... lots of action when the first Gen debuted, then a petering off of new information as owners got on top of typical mods, etc... then the Gen2 came along and bam! More new information, mods, tip and tricks! Now we're nearing the end of the life of the Gen2 with nothing new left to learn so the board ebbs back to chatter among friends and trip reports... expect another nuclear blast of knowledge if and when the Gen3 appears! It better be "when" and not "if"! And it better be soon. :thumbsup:

Gen III or Michelle get's pregnant whichever one comes first!

Well, looks like neither! ;)

I'm good with my Gen I and family as-is anyway :thumbsup:

I must admit, I never joined this board for the personal side to it. It was about learning the bikes we shared. And I'm a pretty solitary guy for the most part. But after you see the continual outpouring of help and support the "people" gave and continue to give, you can't help but see that it is about the people that make the board.

I don't do much in the way of group rides or gatherings. Just not my thing. I'm not even that good of a rider compared to most here. But I have met a few of you here and I have to say they have for the most part, they have been willing to stop anything they are doing to help a fellow Busa owner.

I don't have any pics of progression. I came here with no grey hair maybe. So other than getting older, my bike and I are pretty much as we were when we came here. Except I have gained a lot more virtual family than I ever imagined I would.

I look at the pics of these kids that have grown up here....amazing.

This is my youngest daughter Halie, some of you know from the Busa Bash. It was taken in 2006 Bash. The first is a current picture. The children are my oldest daughters kids. Lauren is on the left side of the pic.
2014 IPHONE 1413.JPG
BUSABASH42006 078.jpg
BUSABASH42006 107.jpg
Pams IPhone 2015 777.JPG

I must admit, I never joined this board for the personal side to it. It was about learning the bikes we shared. And I'm a pretty solitary guy for the most part. But after you see the continual outpouring of help and support the "people" gave and continue to give, you can't help but see that it is about the people that make the board.

I don't do much in the way of group rides or gatherings. Just not my thing. I'm not even that good of a rider compared to most here. But I have met a few of you here and I have to say they have for the most part, they have been willing to stop anything they are doing to help a fellow Busa owner.

I don't have any pics of progression. I came here with no grey hair maybe. So other than getting older, my bike and I are pretty much as we were when we came here. Except I have gained a lot more virtual family than I ever imagined I would.

I look at the pics of these kids that have grown up here....amazing.

In a lot of respects sir we all have grown up here in one way or another...

Back