Memorial Day 2020 Keeping the tradition

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
This has always been a touchy subject with me.. We seem to have forgotten what Memorial Day is all about..

Cap

We don't have a Memorial Day here in Canada other than our Remembrance Day in Nov...

As time marches on, reasons of certain days fade until one day in the future, only a few remember.

Sad really....

This is a special Memorial Day for me as it is the last one I will observe as an active duty Soldier. Anything that we get to do is based upon something that was done by someone in the past. Those who have given all in the defense of our freedoms are true heroes in my opinion and we can never do enough to appreciate them. Thanks to all that everyone does everyday and know that you are appreciated.

This is a special Memorial Day for me as it is the last one I will observe as an active duty Soldier. Anything that we get to do is based upon something that was done by someone in the past. Those who have given all in the defense of our freedoms are true heroes in my opinion and we can never do enough to appreciate them. Thanks to all that everyone does everyday and know that you are appreciated.

Thank you for serving your country...how many years did you complete?

I recall my last Remembrance Day in uniform, it was a bitter sweet experience. I was 4th generation army and both my sons are serving (one is Air Force, the other is artillery).

Thanks Doug. Always a good read and reminder. Thank you to all that sacrificed and a big :beerchug: shout out to all our .org members who served and serve currently.

Thank you for serving your country...how many years did you complete?

I recall my last Remembrance Day in uniform, it was a bitter sweet experience. I was 4th generation army and both my sons are serving (one is Air Force, the other is artillery).
30 years. Thanks for your service and the service of your family.

30 years. Thanks for your service and the service of your family.

30 yrs is nothing to sneeze at...good for you, hopefully you aren't too broke up to enjoy retirement.

Much appreciated, it seems like yesterday when I went to the recruiting office 38 yrs ago....

30 yrs is nothing to sneeze at...good for you, hopefully you aren't too broke up to enjoy retirement.

Much appreciated, it seems like yesterday when I went to the recruiting office 38 yrs ago....
Better than some, but no one wins the battle with Father Time.

Back