A little org memorial day history...

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Memorial day is very important to me and over the years I have seen the holiday change. The intent for the holiday was to honor our veterans and service members but even in my lifetime I have seen it change to just a long weekend at the lake or off work. As I put my flag on the house this morning I noticed that only the house across the street was flying the flag but yet most homes down the street had at least 5 extra cars in the driveways... Now I'm not here to say that you must fly the flag to be patriotic but I can tell you in talking with people that the younger generation doesn't even know what the holiday is about because we haven't taught them...

Instead of ranting this year I thought I would just link to a few of my comments from the past here....

2002 Memorial Day

2004 Memorial Day

2006 Memorial Day

I fly a flag every day, thank you to all of our Veterans. I am also mindful of all the young men and women that never came home. you are not forgotten.

God bless all of our fallen soldiers. We must never forget their sacrifice. Teach your children this lesson: freedom is not free. While I'm not a hawk, or pro-war, remember that this country must always maintain our vigilance against those who would attack us. Pearl Harbor and 911 are just the most extreme examples. It's naive to think that hostile forces are not constantly plotting our downfall. Thanks to all who serve, past, present and future, but on this Holiday, thanks to all who gave the ultimate sacrifice so that we could live in peace and freedom.

I was prepared at one time...

MARINE1.jpg

wound up permanant duty at El Toro..stationed with VMA-214.."The Blacksheep" squadron...pappy boyington shook my hand one fine memorable day..

MARINE6.jpg

and they always said that jarheads and squids never ever got along..well?..i had no problems warming up to Navy folk! LOL!

MARINE5.jpg

Hells Angels?..Outlaws?...Cryps?...Bloods?...The Mob?..puuuuleeeeeeze...the badest gang in the world IS...The United States Marines! AARRROURAHHHHH!!!

L8R, Bill and uh..Semper Fi! :cool:

Back