Hope for the Warriors Run - Happy Memorial Day!

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
Happy Memorial Day to everyone!

Today we had the Hope for the Warriors run start at our end of Long Island so we decided to head out and show our support for them. They have raised a good bit of money for the Wounded Warriors so if you happen to have one of their events in your area, make sure you head out and show some support :thumbsup:

Hope For The Warriors® - wounded warrior support for injured service members and their families wounded in the Iraq War

2012 Memorial 100
Long Island, NY to WTC Ground Zero, NY
May 26-27

In 2010, three Marines from 3/25 who served in Iraq together, started the Memorial 100 run to honor the 48 brothers lost during their deployment in 2005. Rather than following through with the original plan for one person to run 100 miles, the founders turned the event into a relay. Service members from every branch, veterans and their families will run 5-10 mile legs in teams of two carrying a U.S. flag and a Hope For The Warriors® flag.

This event was organized to “interruptâ€￾ Memorial Day Weekend holiday plans and remind everyone of the day’s purpose – to honor and remember the wounded and the fallen. We will honor the fallen through our actions on May 26-27 beginning at the Orient Point Ferry Dock in Orient Point, Long ISland, New York for the third running of the Memorial Day 100.

Here are a few pix, they had a TON of support vehicles and are running in pairs for 5-10miles at a time but there is no way anyone is getting through the wall of police, fire and other support vehicles around them :thumbsup:

The last one is my daughter wishing everyone a happy and safe Memorial Day :unclesam:

P1020551.jpg

P1020552.jpg

P1020553.jpg

P1020554.jpg

P1020557.jpg

P1020550.jpg

Cool...i do feel memorial day is one of those holiday weekends that need to be interrupted and that its not just a 3 day weekend for some random reason. HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY, prayers for the families that have lost loved ones as they served and thank you to all of our service members who continue to serve.

Well they made the entire run, no issues reported and they got a nice reception when they reached ground zero in NYC. I wish they had more folks cheering them along their run but they managed to raise a bunch of money to support their cause and the Wounded Warriors :beerchug:

FaceBook Links Do Not Work

They have a blog @ Hope For The Warriors® and Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/HopeForTheWarriors If anyone wants to see more pix and get more info.

Back