Dewalt or milwaukee

Bigboy Busa2

Registered
Im a dewalt man at work 20 volt. But these m12 tools cant be beat at home. Can't beat the convenience. So many tools. I only jave the bare necessities. But that have changed my life. And yes I only have 2 batterys
15679808682038687928394740368844.jpg

We have a mixture of both DeWalt and the m12 at work. DeWalt doesn’t hold up to what we use them for and are being phased out. You can’t get batteries for them anymore so we have to go to 20v.

We have a mixture of both DeWalt and the m12 at work. DeWalt doesn’t hold up to what we use them for and are being phased out. You can’t get batteries for them anymore so we have to go to 20v.
Only 20 volt for sure. They never going to stop selling 12 volt. They make tools for that stuff that I dont understand, know what I mean.
Screenshot_20190908-191914.png

Milwaukee for me, dewalt is good. If you have a tool you like and can’t find batteries, batteries plus can make them if you have the case, and they are better

I need to invest in some power tools, but since I’ve never owned any, is confusing with all the different options, brands and prices. I literally have a bunch of them on my amazon wishlist, but haven’t pulled the trigger.

Haven’t checked Amazon, but Home Depot and Lowe ‘s have good sales on combos for many of major bands. 150$ got me a variable speed drill with different tq. settings and a impact , two batteries, charger and canvas bag carrier. The brand is Milwaukee.

Yeah ryobi here as well, over the winter their set + free tools are amazing deals. Especially when you return the set and get a stupid low prorated rate for the bare tool.

I need to invest in some power tools, but since I’ve never owned any, is confusing with all the different options, brands and prices. I literally have a bunch of them on my amazon wishlist, but haven’t pulled the trigger.
You can't go wrong with any of the brands discussed in this thread. I have a Makita 1/4 inch drive impact, perfect for the bike. Enough torque to loosen, not enough to break anything. My 3/8 and 1/2 inch drive stuff is Snap On, but only because they're hand me downs. Craftsman, Black and Decker, DeWalt, Ryobi, Makita, Milwaukee, or even the stuff harbor freight sells. Any of them are fine for the non-professional, just make sure it has a good warranty.

Yeah ryobi here as well, over the winter their set + free tools are amazing deals. Especially when you return the set and get a stupid low prorated rate for the bare tool.

My Ryobi driver will out perform many other brands out there...it has more torque and the batteries last longer.

My son is an apprentice electrician for a company that does ultra high end homes and he’s fully equipped with Milwaukee tools, everything you can think of, a whole trunk full of tool boxes and a two wheeler to cart several boxes at a time. One of his projects recently was custom wiring on one of Zuckerberg’s homes that’s being renovated in SF. He even had a brick wall put in, an inside real brick wall! I had to laugh a bit at ‘rich’ people. Besides multi colored closet lighting to simulate day or night time when choosing one’s wardrobe for the occasion :rolleyes: tiny LED hallway floor perimeter lighting, and a rotating light system throughout when not at home, he also installed the wiring for heated bath towel bars (and) tiny light fixtures over the towel bar...in case one showers in the dark!:laugh:

My son is an apprentice electrician for a company that does ultra high end homes and he’s fully equipped with Milwaukee tools, everything you can think of, a whole trunk full of tool boxes and a two wheeler to cart several boxes at a time. One of his projects recently was custom wiring on one of Zuckerberg’s homes that’s being renovated in SF. He even had a brick wall put in, an inside real brick wall! I had to laugh a bit at ‘rich’ people. Besides multi colored closet lighting to simulate day or night time when choosing one’s wardrobe for the occasion :rolleyes: tiny LED hallway floor perimeter lighting, and a rotating light system throughout when not at home, he also installed the wiring for heated bath towel bars (and) tiny light fixtures over the towel bar...in case one showers in the dark!:laugh:
:rofl: my friend does work for “those kind of rich people” in the hampton bays area and I’ve had the chance to walk around with him in those homes and some of the things they have and ask for are just funny.

I'll be honest, some of that stuff I would totally be down for if I had funding. I've always thought perimeter chase lights on a driveway would be cool, why not in the hallway too?

Back