My name is Matt

ditchdr

Registered
Folks this is very hard for me to say, but i come here to tell those I feel are my friends.. My name is Matthew Garlock and I am a tool-a-holic.. I cant get enough. I dont care if I have 3 more just like it,, I want tools, and i want them all..

I was in the shop this am ( could not sleep) setting up little Jakes tool box, (bought him a small roll around) I got ot thinking about my tool exploits(sp?) It started out with a tool dealer for Snap-on. I knew walking onto the truck that Snap-on was high priced, but they were the best.. Being young and stupid I applied for a snap-on credit card.. At the time I had 0 debt, had recently paid off a car and carried a 0 ballance on 2 credit cards with high limits.. I was approved for 25K worth of credit.. I set about to buying my tool empire.. First thing I did was pick out a box.. WHo cares it was a 9000 dollar tool box,, it was big and I wanted it.. Next was sockets, ratchets and wrenches and screw drivers.. That day the tool man spent 3 hours selling and unloading stuff into my little "shop".. What I did not buy in snap-on I allready had in Craftsman, but had plans on replacing with new stuff.. I would buy tools, pay the credit card down to almost nothing and buy more tools.. I think the snap-on man added a wing to his house beacuse of me..

Then came Matco tools.. I really liked the Matco man, he was down to earth had been in the business a long time.. SO i paid off 99% of my snap-on account and started buying Matco tools.. What i did not have in Snap-on I had in Matco.. Not a single Craftsman tool in my box, all was top dollar..

But I did not just throw away or sell my old tools, I kept them. So I had to buy a new box to keep at home.. Matco box was aobut half the price and he threw a hutch in for free..

Now I am older and wiser,, I no longer buy name brand tools. Nor do I need and new ones. I have pretty much everything Snap-on, Matco, or Craftsman makes in duplicate and most triplicate..

5 years ago my best friend passed away. He was 55 years old, owned a elec business, and had tools upon tools upon tools.. His wife called me about three months after his passing. He had wanted me ot have a lot of his "stuff" included in this stuff was his tool collection, a RV, a lot of shop tools and more tools.. So I now have my tools and his.. Folks these are some old tools..

Now I do bike work out of my garage. It is a 2 1/2 car garage has both my big tool boxes, as well as Luckys tool box, and 3 green recycling crate full of tools in the corner.. I sit here knowing I have mroe tools then i will ever use,, but I still look for more ot buy..

Am i sick? is this a curse? Is there a cure? Before long I will need a warehouse just to store my tools...

SO if your a tool-a-holic speak up be proud!!!

rulez8bn.gif
pics...where are the pics...?

Pics. Pics. PICS. PIIIIIIIICS!!!!

--Wag--

man....your not wanna of those guys that buys something just because you don't have it AND will never use it BUT looks cool in the box A great conversation piece it does make.

Hi Matt, welcome, we're all glad you're here...there's a seat over there, coffee and donuts are on the table in the back, and please don't share until you've attended 90 meetings in 90 days, we don't really want to hear how bad you were....
coolold.gif

You found a right place to talk about you addiction. I love tools, I`m not spending a fortune on snap-ons or matcos. Craftsman is good enough for me. some new brands seems to be nice too.

I have stainless steel 48" Box and I need another one.

Please sell 1 of your Snap-on wrenches and buy yourself digital camera, I`m sure you can find some in your recycled bins.
beerchug.gif

It's a Sickness ... thats for sure .. be glad No one mentioned to you that other word ..... -----> MaC Toolz .... let the sickness breaaaaath ...( Stands up ) ( takes deep breath ).. for I too am a tool'a'holic ..
cool.gif

Back