Milwaukee Sheriff Sounds off on a County Supervisor

Lurch

The milkman cometh!!!
Donating Member
Registered
Anyone who knows about or of Sheriff David Clarke has to love this guy.
He is an elected official who calls them as he sees them. Those who dislike him are usually of his own race.

This is from the local paper today. Man I love this guy.

MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke is angrily responding to a County Supervisor who questioned the sheriff's decision to spend $75,000 on new guns for deputies.County Supervisor John Weishan Jr. questioned the large purchase in a newspaper report this Monday.In a statement today, Sheriff Clarke says Weishan should apologize for his comments to the Journal Sentinel about the purchase."This puke politician insinuates that cops are not worthy of the best equipment I can get them that might just be the difference between going home at the end of a shift or ending up on a memorial wall," Clarke said.The Sheriff continued, "by the way, I didn't see this small man at the police memorial ceremony this past May honoring the courage and sacrifice of officers killed in the line of duty protecting his pudgy ass. I wonder how many of them thought all they would ever do with their weapon was clean it or fire it on the range."Weishan says he has no plans to apologize. "It's the Sheriff who should apologize to the taxpayers of Milwaukee County," Weishan said. Weishan said he would stay above the name calling.Weishan says his problem is that the Sheriff is buying all the guns at once. He thinks the sheriff should buy the guns over several years. "I don't have a problem with buying the newest most up to date equipment for any law enforcement. The fact is, I want to know why it wasn't purchased in the past and why are we buying twice as much as we need," Weishan said.Clarke doesn't seem to want Weishan's advice. He says in his statement, "This part time pencil pusher should stick to talking about which parks might need flowers planted in them or how much road salt should be purchased next winter and leave law enforcement equipment purchases to me."

More facts are needed for me to make a decision.
How many and of what kind of weapons did he purchase? How many deputies will these outfit?
If he bought 500 guns for 100 deputies than he may be wrong. If he simply bought enough to equip those in need than ok. Politician states 'they bought twice more than they need' so I would like clarification on how he arrived at that?

Yeeehaww!

david-clarke-space-cowboy-onmilwaukee.jpg

He is an educated man. But he also does not sugar coat it when he tells you how it is. I enjoy seeing him in parades mounted on his horse.

david-clarke-space-cowboy-onmilwaukee.jpg

I wish like hell we had more people like him...I HATE POLITICS, and in the end, this guy is just trying to do what's best for his men/women and the citizens that depend on them. The politics these small-town boards play to appease everyone get everything so screwed up...

Trust me people he has his own reasons for doing this. I'm not a huge fan of him, and I normally like this type of story. He's no Joe Arpaio...

This guy is a grown up cry baby. He's always on the news crying about this or that. And when it comes time to do his job, he's nowhere to be found.

So just because he's a good old bwoy sheriff who's slammed a politician on the news his purchase and expenditures are justified? Does the politician not have a right to ask why he seems to have bought twice as much as was needed? No explanation required from the sheriff cuz he wears a cowboy hat on the tv?

100 officers 200 guns i can understand but if its 100 officers 500 guns yeah thats over kill but eff that give the officers what they need to protect us. Here in flint our officers are getting fired left and right

When cities are going bankrupt, I fully support a bare bones expenditure. How about this: Replace the oldest guns first, and the ones known/prone to malfunction. Maybe conduct a study of how many of the guns actually malfunctioned in the line of fire or even in other places. If you get a decent number, replace them all. But if not, why replace it if it ain't broke? The sheriff talks like a conservative but spends like a liberal.

When cities are going bankrupt, I fully support a bare bones expenditure. How about this: Replace the oldest guns first, and the ones known/prone to malfunction. Maybe conduct a study of how many of the guns actually malfunctioned in the line of fire or even in other places. If you get a decent number, replace them all. But if not, why replace it if it ain't broke? The sheriff talks like a conservative but spends like a liberal.
How about this: cities arent going bankrupt from Police departments buying the best guns for their Police officers so they can protect themselves and the citizens like YOU. their going bankrupt from politicians wasting money to ensure they get re-elected....:whistle:

guns dont need to malfunction to be upgarded. our police department went from a 9mm to the .40 cal to the .45 cal in a 5 year span because those that actually know about guns (Law enforcement NOT politicians) have already conducted studies around the country and found that the .45 is a better gun to stop someone in their tracks.

if this department wants to provide the best equipment for their officers to ensure their safety and give their officers confidence in their equipment then thats exactly what they should be doing.

are there studies done when the politicians replace their perfectly working $50,000 suv's for NEW ones cause they want to look pretty when traveling around town?....:whistle: no I didnt think so!

What happed was that this became a public sniping match. Yes, the elected leaders have the right and duty to ask these questions, but none of it should have ever been aired in the public arena.

I didn't even know about this guy until this was posted.! But, I just read a little about him and it says he was told he had to layoff 60+ officer in 2011 and he told the officers to just ignore the pink tickets and keep reporting to work until they gave them a second ticket!! Looks like its his way or no way. Again I didn't even know about this Guy and I dont live up there so I can't comment on the purchased he maid and reasons he has!

Back