Cyclegear matched the tire price.

Does anyone really know anything about tires except price. Does anyone really know what speed rating, Tire load rating, Tire compound Means. Or the difference between, Sports bike, Cruiser bike tires, Dual Sports, Touring tires, . Please let me know. ???

You guys change your tires...:dunno:.. I thought the metal wire helped it dig in to the pavement better. I know I am just a newb but hear me out.. You can take a peice of metal and stick it in pavement...Right???.... You cant do that with rubber. Its kinda like a lollipop.. you just kinda bide your time until you get to the good stuff on the inside...:laugh:...IMHO I think that all of you are crazy and are in need of some serious remedial training...:banghead:...Why in the hell would you change the tires just because the rubber is gone...:banghead:...:corner:

GEEZ!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Blanca
Did you get a Tuf Gang Patch on your riding jacket recently?
I have never rode on a road race course / track day and I dont ever claim to be even close to even coming close to riding style body posture etc. I am sure my lap times arent going to set records at Barber but I am pretty sure I am not going to be lapped by anyone here.
I dont doubt one bit that the Ol Pooch isnt expierenced in his training and is good at what he does. I read his posts and opinions on suspension, brakes, and ignore his tire posts LOL!
Me and Tuf always have words. I laugh at 98% of his comments towards me and hopefully he doesnt take my posts serious towards him, its all in fun. Maybe some cant read the humor in it. I am a humorous person I like to cut up and those that have met me understand me.
Tuf is a big boy and if he gets tired of it he will send me a message, but in all honesty I believe he laughs just as I do with out exchange of words.
Yes, I was quiet at the Bash when I was around the crowd.

Ohh by the way, I live in Tennessee but my roots are a Yankee born and raised in the city streets of New Jersey.

You aren't yankin anybody's chain dude! You have a real distaste for me and it shows on a daily basis. I don't even have to post anything to receive your insults. I gave you a compliment for getting your knee down for the first time and you followed up with something derogatory. Imagine that? :laugh:

You'd love to be polished at riding motorcycles but you aren't and never will be unless you rob a bank and spend the cash on instruction. Oh yeah, you can twist the grip and hang on but I can teach my grandma to do that in one afternoon.

The reason you act out is due to your insecurities and lack of confidence in areas that reach beyond riding motorcycles. And, nobody can overcome those issues but you!

I'm fairly sure that I'm not the only one on this board you've convinced that your mouth is bigger than your hat size.

And you may want to check with Uncle Steve before making any bets about not being lapped by anyone on this board at barber. Your first track experience will give you an indication of where you belong in the pecking order! :laugh:

I have a home only 110 miles from Barber so you just never know when I'll show up. You and I, well,,,,,,,,,, we could have a ton of fun on two wheels! :cheerleader:

You aren't yankin anybody's chain dude! You have a real distaste for me and it shows on a daily basis. I don't even have to post anything to receive your insults. I gave you a compliment for getting your knee down for the first time and you followed up with something derogatory. Imagine that? :laugh:

You'd love to be polished at riding motorcycles but you aren't and never will be unless you rob a bank and spend the cash on instruction. Oh yeah, you can twist the grip and hang on but I can teach my grandma to do that in one afternoon.

The reason you act out is due to your insecurities and lack of confidence in areas that reach beyond riding motorcycles. And, nobody can overcome those issues but you!

I'm fairly sure that I'm not the only one on this board you've convinced that your mouth is bigger than your hat size.

And you may want to check with Uncle Steve before making any bets about not being lapped by anyone on this board at barber. Your first track experience will give you an indication of where you belong in the pecking order! :laugh:

I have a home only 110 miles from Barber so you just never know when I'll show up. You and I, well,,,,,,,,,, we could have a ton of fun on two wheels! :cheerleader:

I agree with you Tuff. :laugh:

Testing 1,2,3... Is this thing on? :poke: :laugh:

No, Sorry missed your previous post.
I have not tried the the Pilot Pures yet. Its just the front I got in the Pilot Pure. The tires havent touched the road yet. I hope I like the front I will be leaving on a 380 mile trip to N.C. in a few hours :please:

Maybe he can come out to the SF bay area, And the Santa Cruz Moutains. That will teach him a lesson on how to ride and what really turns are. :laugh:

Ive been to SF and I believe those roads are suited more towards the Widowmaker. Turns, we have them super sharp ones here in Good Ol Boy Land of Tennessee, ya know when ya come off the interstate and have to loop back around dim are some mighty fine turns :rofl: Golly G didnt you know Tennessee is the place to Beeeeeeeee

Ohhh come on Pooch, ya know I Luv to Hate Ya as much as I hate to Luv Ya:beerchug:
Robbing a bank is out of the question, rolling coins as we speak to save for them 800 dollar days, ohh does that include some of your track take off Dunlappers :dunno:

Rollin20z said:
My wife use to get some kind of body oil or butter from the avon lady too. DOnt know what it was but dam it smelled good and was a natural calling to come ride the twisties. :laugh:

So I don't knock the Avon lady, at least not up. :rofl:

Skin-So-Soft??? Also works well as mosquito repellent:rofl:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

No, Sorry missed your previous post.
I have not tried the the Pilot Pures yet. Its just the front I got in the Pilot Pure. The tires havent touched the road yet. I hope I like the front I will be leaving on a 380 mile trip to N.C. in a few hours :please:

Ok I am going to stop in and share my experience with the pilot pures. They are a good tire at medium to moderate paces. When pushed 9/10's or more they will simply let go! They will squirm and move around on you when you least expect! I had the busa at 110mph coming out of a corner, and the front end understeered! The front end drifted 3ft..... I thought is was me! But it happened again without warning! I have ridden 2 sets of Bridgestone BT15s, 1 set of BT002s, and 1 set of Q2s, before going to the pures. Never had that problem before, with the tires mentioned at the same place I was riding at. The pures have a softer side wall then the other brands mentioned, so that would explain the squirminess I was feeling. I hated dunlops before the Q2s, I had 2 bikes mounted with dunlop gp207s and they were junk! I used Pirelli and Bridgestone with great results, and never swayed my tire choice until I saw both tires running well at the dragon. I figured I give them both a try! For me the Q2 is the better tire of the 2. So enjoy your pures, and just becare ful! You got a nice bike and would hate to hear that you went down! If you any questions etc, please ask away, I am here to help!

A stock busa's brake system is going to be its first limiting factor at any track, then tire choice, then suspension setup, along with rider experience. So getting passed by others here on this board is very likely... A few names come to mind! Vman1300, Macon 454, UncleSteve..... Too name a few!

Ok I am going to stop in and share my experience with the pilot pures. They are a good tire at medium to moderate paces. When pushed 9/10's or more they will simply let go! They will squirm and move around on you when you least expect! I had the busa at 110mph coming out of a corner, and the front end understeered! The front end drifted 3ft..... I thought is was me! But it happened again without warning! I have ridden 2 sets of Bridgestone BT15s, 1 set of BT002s, and 1 set of Q2s, before going to the pures. Never had that problem before, with the tires mentioned at the same place I was riding at. The pures have a softer side wall then the other brands mentioned, so that would explain the squirminess I was feeling. I hated dunlops before the Q2s, I had 2 bikes mounted with dunlop gp207s and they were junk! I used Pirelli and Bridgestone with great results, and never swayed my tire choice until I saw both tires running well at the dragon. I figured I give them both a try! For me the Q2 is the better tire of the 2. So enjoy your pures, and just becare ful! You got a nice bike and would hate to hear that you went down! If you any questions etc, please ask away, I am here to help!

I agree with the above 100%. I suggested the Pure because Lankeeyankey had already expressed some anti-Dunlop sentiment. It's my opinion that the Pures feel great until you reach their limits. But then, like you said, they get a bit unpredictable. If someone were staying with Michelin products exclusively, which I understood to be the case with Lankeeyankey, then the Pure is a better option over the Pilot Power series. That said, the Q2 offers better grip and more predictability at its limits than either of the two Michelin options.

I have gotten better tread life out of Pilot Powers, but at the expense of traction. I'm getting about 1500 miles per set on either Pures or Q2's. I feel like for the mileage and the price, Dunlop is simply offering a better product right now. That's my :2cents:.

Edit: None of the above really applies for a rider who is not going toward the edges of his tire's capabilities. For someone who's keeping things more tame, any of those tires would be fine.

I agree with the above 100%. I suggested the Pure because Lankeeyankey had already expressed some anti-Dunlop sentiment. It's my opinion that the Pures feel great until you reach their limits. But then, like you said, they get a bit unpredictable. If someone were staying with Michelin products exclusively, which I understood to be the case with Lankeeyankey, then the Pure is a better option over the Pilot Power series. That said, the Q2 offers better grip and more predictability at its limits than either of the two Michelin options.

I have gotten better tread life out of Pilot Powers, but at the expense of traction. I'm getting about 1500 miles per set on either Pures or Q2's. I feel like for the mileage and the price, Dunlop is simply offering a better product right now. That's my :2cents:.

Edit: None of the above really applies for a rider who is not going toward the edges of his tire's capabilities. For someone who's keeping things more tame, any of those tires would be fine.

Daniel you are correct! All of tires mention are great tires for the average and moderate paced riding. Exploring the art of going faster leaned over requires tires to be even better, hence the tread life is a lot lower for better traction. Everything is a trade off! You want more grip at the limit..... Then expect a lower tire life! You want more mileage out of your tire expect less traction at the limit!

I would lap you at Barber..... On a Q2... :poke:

We could introduce him to the famous Team Gixxer Triple Pass :) I don't ride that hard on the street, but the track is a different matter entirely...

Oh look another thread has turned into a Team Gixxer circle jerk:banghead:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Back