Premium vs Regular

crumpdoc

Registered
May be a silly question but with bikes does it really matter performance wise if you run premium or regular pump gas? Paying the added cost of premium is it really worth it?

Gen1 or 2? Gen2 91 octane. otherwise I dont see a stock bike gaining with a higher octane but even in my NA bikes I always ran 93

my 01 ran best with regular (as recommended in the manual), a waste of cash to run premium. my old 08/current 09 do best with premium (as recommended in the manual).

In my air cooled bikes I noticed mid grade would make it run cooler. But water cooled I run recommended octane.

tapatalk - on my HTC ERIS rooted with cyanogen mod 7

seen this asked many times on many forums about many bikes !!

just use regular unless you have a full blown race motor etc

my mate has an ex John McGuinness honda rs250 race bike that uses Av Gas and that little beast is 100kg and 100bhp yeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

here it is at a trackday at rockingham raceway its just fantastic close up (no i wont be riding it sadly) as it cost a bloody fortune

DSC03569.jpg

People trip out when they see me filling up with regular gas.

Sent from my super-duper wack tmobile device using tapatalk.

May be a silly question but with bikes does it really matter performance wise if you run premium or regular pump gas? Paying the added cost of premium is it really worth it?

I run regular on my gen1, unless I find ethonal free gas. That usally comes in super only around here. But filling up with regular will get you some dirty looks.

As for wasting money... its like a dollar more to fill a mc tank with premium :lol:

sent using my middle finger on tapatalk

When I ride my 08 on the street I use 87 octane. When I drag race I use 89 octane cuz I lke to play with advancing the timing even tried 91 ,.no difference in performance. I know its been said here many times b4, you ONLY need enough octane to prevent detontation any more than that and your wasting your $$$.

you will make the most power running the lowest octane possible without ping. since ethanol increases the octane rating, 87 isnt really 87, it's higher. i run regular in my gen2 since forever. same with both my 1st gen's

Any harm in running 101 octane? 2011 hayabusa no mods besides slip-ons

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Are you serious? Why would you even consider that? Run what the manual says for a Gen2, 93. A different octane with no mods needing it wont change anything besides make the bike run worse.

Are you serious? Why would you even consider that? Run what the manual says for a Gen2, 93. A different octane with no mods needing it wont change anything besides make the bike run worse.

Everyone is doing it around here. Just a question....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Back