Mayan Astrology, The Dresden Codex, Apocalypse Island and 2012

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
I saw a documentary last night on History HD.
It was 2 hours long. For them to have soent this kind of $ to produce this lent credence to what the scientists in it were saying.

The show was called 'Apocalypse Island'
It was the story of one mans attempt to convince us he knows where the end will be best seen and that the Maya were right in their prediction of date.

First the Mayan civilisation surivived for almost 4000 yrs.
Going all the way back to the Olmecs and Toltecs of ancient central America.
At the height of their time they had cities in what is now USA with pops of over 100,000 people whereas same time London had only 20k and Rome had 60k.
This was a people who had conquered sea travel as evidenced by Mayan architecture found 1000s of miles from where they centered.
Columbus himself on his first voyage to the new world reported of seeing approx 30 natives with dark skin and many Jade items (Maya were famous for Jade) in a canoe type vessel made from a single log as long or longer than his own vessel in the middle of the ocean.
This was not near the coast as he notes it was another ten days before they sighted the nearest land mass now known as Puerto Rico ?
Their time line was based on 13 cycles. These were called Baktuns.
Each Baktun reps approx 400 yrs. After each and every one like clockwork througout history the people upon the end of each Baktun have either picked up and left or vanished from flourishing cities.
The Mayan 'month' was based upon a 20 day cycle.
Each day was called a Katun.
The final day is their sabbath.
They had 5 calendars.
4 dealt with wordly things like when to plant and the 5th dealt with the end of days.

We are now according to them in the final Baktun at which point upon the winter solstice 12.21.2012 it will end.

The Dresden Codex:
When the Spanish came they witnessed and saw things they thought to be heresy, black magic and devil worship. Human sacrifice and self mutilation to reach ones God was lunacy.
So they set about to convert the Maya and destroyed by burning 4000 yrs of the most descriptive written works the worlds has seen.
The library of Alexandria in Egypt paled in comparison to what the Spanish destroyed.
According to Maya history many of the cities had already been evacuated and were vacant when the Spanish arrived.
To this day there are only 4 surviving written works from the Maya.
One is the Dresden Codex.

This is an image from the last page.
Dresden_Codex_Flood.jpg

From right to left what it shows are the last 2 katuns in the final Baktun.
1st on right -The last passing of Venus in front of the Sun.
2nd in middle-The final Solar eclipse of the last Baktun which happens 12.21.2012
3rd on left- the final day of the 13th Baktun- 12.21.2012
The Dresden Codex is over 100 pages.
Almost 80 of those pages are detailed astronomical facts, figures and charts that are AS accurate than anything we have this day.

another image of it

Dresden.jpe

They were able to predict astronomical events to within .02 seconds of same time we come up with with modern supercomputers.
They did this for 8000 yrs. running before vanishing into the hills.
They knew about the 'dark rift' in the Milky Way.
A place in between wherein exists a black hole.

Now on 12.21.2012 there will be an event that happens only once every 640,000 yrs.
A solar eclipse as well as complete alignment of the Earth, Sun and this 'Black Hole'.
This has been proven by Nasa scientists.
The Maya were correct on this over 600 yrs ago ? HOW ?
What effect will this create if any ?

Apocalypse Island:
juan_fernandez_islands.jpg

400 miles off the coast of Chile in the Juan Fernandez Islands , 1000s of miles from Mayan civilisation this man discovered a Mayan monument over 150ft tall simply by chance.
Apocalypse Island - The Official Website of James Turner, Explorer

It is according to all who have now researched it the only place you will be able to see this event in the western hemisphere.
How did the Maya know this ?
How did they build this monument there 1000s of miles from home ?

This man James Turner is first to really have put the pieces together like this and it is why HistoryHd saw fit to spend the $ to make the film. (2010 new release)
His discovery of this monument was completely by chance if you read the link for the island above which is his personal website.
Or was it ?
Was it ordained as he thinks for a traveller in the future (he) to stumble upon it and tell the world ?

Alot of things do seem to be starting to jibe with past predictions.
Not crying the sky is falling but it is just kinda eerie how a civilisation 4000 yrs old not knowing the wheel or figure zero were able to chart astrology as accurately as us and tell time to within .02 seconds of our most accurate clocks !
If they were right in all these other aspects how can you not give just a bit of credence to their final prediction ?

:hide:

I'll place a gentleman's wager we will all be tapping out messages on haybusa.org in 2013...

Not aruguing a single point Blanca, but I think from the reading I have read on the subject, the date in question is simply when the Mayan clock/calendar starts over, not the end of the world. It is truely a shame that so much was destroyed. One has a hard time believing they did all of this and accomplished so much without any outside(dare I terrestrial) assistance?

One other point to ponder, my wife and I had our honeymoon in the Yucatan Pennesula, if you ever have a chance to vist Coba, I highly recommend it. The forest floor which is overgrown now, was fertile farmland that supported over 60,000 people. They had roads that were perfectly straight and level. We swam through man made canals and natural canals that went out to the ocean. Simply amazing were the architecture and paint, the structures, etc. You can only grasp the levity by being there in person. Just not enough to see it on tv. The jungle has taken back so much from when the mayans deserted the large cities, only 5% of the total mayan civilization has been discovered and visible today, at least that was the case in 07.

I read a massive Bible post from you Blanca a while back....so assuming you are Christian:

Why listen to Mayans (who apparently were not great friends (in practice) of Christ, God or anything else)??

Yet another intriguing post from you though :thumbsup:

Twotone I simply stated they believe that date to be the final day in their 13th Baktun.
The Mayans wrote extremely detailed calendars as well as astro charts.
They made 13 and not 14 why ?
If they were so intelligent as even our most scholarly scholars think why stop at 13 ?
They state it is the end of 13 and the beginning of 14 but made zero ref , mention or predictions into the 14th , why ?
How did the ancient peruvians know to name Lake Titikaka that .
Translated it means leaping Jaguar .
From a minimum of low earth orbit only can the outline of the lake be seen and a striking resemblance to a leaping Jaguar can be seen .
How did they know ?

The Shaman were famous for doing mind altering drugs and having visions.
So did these visions actually allow their minds to leave their bodies or were they physically transported there by ....:whistle:

Puggle yes I am a die hard dead set red blooded redneck Christian Arab from Tennessee....:laugh:
I do believe in the Lord God but how do I know as a mortal man in the end we will not find out we have all been worshipping the same God the whole time just in different ways ?
As a believer in God I must accept that all has been and is in his plan for us.
Mayan sacrifice , American slaughter of Native Americans, WWI , WWII ...all in his plan and more complicated than a mortal can understand .
Just enjoy the ride .
I don't fear the dark , I don't fear the end .
Will I stand straight as a boulder from a volcano hits me in the head ?
Of course not , I will do all to survive best I can but in the end when I have lost I will welcome his warmth .

If that is the day that the world will end, then I will be on the back of my 'Busa listening to a little Jay-Z.

there are many "civilizations" that had technology we can only guess at...that is why i belive we were a "seed" colony by a "alien" race and the knowledge these folks had...died as they died out

how were the mayans around 8000 years ago when the world is only 6000 years old?

Where do you get 8000 yrs from ?
Somewhere in his link ?

What basis makes you think the world is only 6000 yrs old when the Pyramids have been dated back 5000 yrs and the Sphinx is again now causing controversy as they think it 2 times older ?

The Age of the Sphinx, by Robert Bauval

I quote from this link
The geological findings discussed above indicate that the Sphinx seems to have been sculpted sometime before 10,000 BC, and this period coincides with the Age of Leo the Lion, which lasted from 10,970 to 8810 BC.
The Great Sphinx, Giza Plateau, near Cairo, Egypt

What event can we see on Apocalypse Island?

Supposed to be able to see the final solar eclipse line up with the Black Hole in the Dark Rift, xibalba - the underworld
Red circle depicts Black Hole in center.

040404m2.gif

A pic of it from JP Stanley looking deep into our own Galaxy.
Black area between starry lines is Dark Rift.

2485078772_0585fd53f1.jpg

According to them the island is the only place in the western hemisphere (landwise) where you will be able to see it.
The Maya had no glass and no telescopes yet were able to chart things so deep in space we ourselves only discovered them 30 or so yrs ago.

twilight_zone.jpg

maybe the guy who wrote the calendar died after he wrote down 2012.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:or just got tired of keeping the calendar and said F this sht hole I'm out:rofl::rofl:kinda what I always thought

Where do you get 8000 yrs from ?
Somewhere in his link ?

What basis makes you think the world is only 6000 yrs old when the Pyramids have been dated back 5000 yrs and the Sphinx is again now causing controversy as they think it 2 times older ?

The Age of the Sphinx, by Robert Bauval

I quote from this link

The Great Sphinx, Giza Plateau, near Cairo, Egypt

You are not alone my Arab brother my grandmother came from Lebanon and my grandfather from Ireland so im really messed up lol ..
The problem is 90% of the population doesn't have the capacity to look beyond what they have purposely been trained to see and believe that will be rectified, they are already starting to quote (wake up ) in the great awakening those who chose not to see will now begin to realize that all the signs are here now in our time and cannot be dismissed as coincidence..
This process has slowly begun to come into the public eye despite the governments strongest possible efforts to keep the population thinking that we will never see this happen in our lifetime sorry folks its FN here ands its Fn now look around read the news and im not talking about local..
Earthquakes,tsunamis,volcano's that were inactive for 10,000 years non stop rain
The magnetic north pole is on its way to cross the Northpole itself the last time they went looking for it was 200 miles further ahead than what they had anticipated meaning it has sped up when 2012 planets alignment happens this will create the strongest magnetic pull we have ever seen sending the magnetic north pole into overdrive and this my friends will change the angle earths axis slowing the rotation possibly even reversing the rotation of the earth then All the events in the so called fiction movie 2012 will occur Any questions?

Back