~~~   Palm Island   ~~~

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
I was talking to nitrousjunkie just a minute ago and I remembered one of the MANY shows I watched while out with my back in the last two months...

Anyone seen it in person yet? Nitrousjunkie? This place is almost unreal...a Prince wanted to bring tourism to Dubai, so he concocted this plan to build man-made islands...this one is due to be done this year I believe...

I don't remember the show I watched..."Building the Ultimate, Impossible Island" or something like that? TLC or History Channel...I don't remember, BUT, it's worth watching if you catch it!

I'll see if I can find more pics of the plans this Prince has, including a set of islands named "The World" where the State of Arizona is still up for sale...
smile.gif

Dubai_Palm_Island.jpg

The amount of work it took to build these man-made islands is just unbelievable...all the problems they had to factor in (weather, currents, supplies like sand)...

Here's "The World"...don't know when it'll be done...the Prince has plans for 3 or 4 of these "resorts" along is coast line. It expanded the available "waterfront" in his country exponentially...very cool...
cool.gif

dubai_the_world.jpg

Pretty cool huh? They also got an under water hotel in Dubai! I love this country.:)

This is going to be the final plan...unless the Prince comes up with some other ideas...well offshore!

cool.gif

dubai_palm_islands_map.jpg

talk about .. someone .. with ( way ) to much money and time on ..there hands .. < sheeeeshs> ..???

Most of the properties youre speaking of are sold way before they've even started construction!

Most of the properties youre speaking of are sold way before they've even started construction!
So, you're saying you don't own one!
tounge.gif

I'm sure there was a list...and pressure to build more...imagine the money he's raking in...as if he needed it...

All that aside, they are true man-made marvels...it's unreal that we can build things like this to withstand storms and time...well, time will tell...

I'll keep my fingers crossed 'cause it's just cool...
biggrin.gif

VA if you move to one of those islands, you will need knobbies for the Busa!
smile.gif

That's pretty cool! One of the guys on my salt water forum worked there a few years ago building one of them. I'll see if I can find more info.

<!--EDIT|FL Knifemaker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129041579 -->

VA if you move there, you will probably have the first Busa with knobby tires
smile.gif

I just wish I could afford to move there...hell, to stay at that 7-STAR hotel would be nice!!! Probably cost more than my house is worth for a single night!

NJ, you need to hook up the Busa gang!!! Party in Dubai!!!!
laugh.gif
cool.gif

Back