Prince Halftime Controversy

Southside Playa

Master Pot-Stirrer
Donating Member
Registered
Okay, we all knew that when the image of Prince behind the sheet with his “guitarâ€￾ image showing thru came up Sunday, there would be something said. My opinion is that people have way too much time on their hands to make a big deal about this. It’s interesting though. I think the show was great. Come on it is Prince though, you gotta have some little underlying “freakyâ€￾ connotation in the performance. It think it was subtle and well planned. Prince is the man, hands down.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6447016

I thought he Rock'd it. After all these years he sill sounds good even with the rain.
super.gif

I loves me some Prince...
super.gif

I "saw" the same thing.. and thought it was great. I was hoping flames or smoke would come out of it. But no such luck.

People need to lighten up. The only ones that noticed it are the ones who are a little bent anyway, and if they are complaining, it's because they haven't admitted to themselves that they ARE bent.

(I need a smilie that is shaking his head in disgust.)

My wife dragged me to a Prince concert years ago.....needless to say,I fell asleep there!
rock.gif

(LadyHawk @ Feb. 08 2007,08:57) I loves me some Prince...  
super.gif

I "saw" the same thing.. and thought it was great. I was hoping flames or smoke would come out of it. But no such luck.

People need to lighten up. The only ones that noticed it are the ones who are a little bent anyway, and if they are complaining, it's because they haven't admitted to themselves that they ARE bent.

+1 Prince killed it!!!

(LadyHawk @ Feb. 08 2007,11:57) I loves me some Prince...  
super.gif

I'm a huge Prince fan as well...

Hate to say it, but I was so enthralled with seeing him perform and wondering if that sheet was going to land on top of him because of all of the rain, so I never really put together anything remotely sexual about the performance...

People need to get a life and stop picking apart every single thing they think they see...those people don't have a life, so they continually attempt to make one
laugh.gif

Just my $.02

People need to get a life and stop picking apart every single thing they think they see[/Quote]
You're right! I thought I saw a set of FAKE boobs one year........
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

(brendanp @ Feb. 08 2007,12:25) People need to get a life and stop picking apart every single thing they think they see
You're right! I thought I saw a set of FAKE boobs one year........
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif
[/Quote]
You know what? Even that HUGE controversy wouldn't not have been nearly as bad had people not talked about it so much...after all of the press, more people saw Janet's boob than ever would have while watching the show live...most were probably getting their snacks and beer and weren't even in the room when it happened!

It's the whistle blowers that create even more attention to the very thing they are upset they saw
laugh.gif

iamwithstupid.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

(VaBusa @ Feb. 08 2007,11:17)
(LadyHawk @ Feb. 08 2007,11:57) I loves me some Prince...  
super.gif

I'm a huge Prince fan as well...

Hate to say it, but I was so enthralled with seeing him perform and wondering if that sheet was going to land on top of him because of all of the rain, so I never really put together anything remotely sexual about the performance...

People need to get a life and stop picking apart every single thing they think they see...those people don't have a life, so they continually attempt to make one
laugh.gif

Just my $.02
YOu know Michelle, maybe we could vote for Prince as President, since you don't like Hillary!!

I am sure he could solve some of the more pressing issuse in the country, like relieving the nations' sexual frustrations!!

I saw it and recognized it is as done on purpose but it is Prince. You have to expect something along those lines. It was the super bowl half time show

Yup, some woman married to an Irish guy
wow.gif
no doubt behind the scandal...

the guitar shape was too phallic
the stage was too phallic
the microphone has a phallic shape
the girls were dancing too sexually
all that rain was too steamy and suggestive
the goal posts represent phallic symbols
the chearleaders aren't wearing enough clothes
the hotdogs sold are too phallic
the video cameras are too voyeristic
the commentators were using secret coded words that when unencrypted are too suggestive
the players on the field touch each other in the wrong places too much
the advertisements were too violent and incorrect
the wired camera flying around over the field was too UFO-like
the stadium was too noisey
the tickets cost too much
gas is too expensive
this took too long to type

I agree with the left wingers [is that right?] on this. why do we pick apart everything?

I'm not a big Prince fan, but it's quite obvious I have to share my wife with him~ I found his half time performance to be one of the best I've seen of him~ I was pretty impressed to be honest~ He didn't act the shy/quiet guy and I not only could hear what he was singing, but actually understood his words!
Someone is always gonna find something wrong with everything around us~ Prince and his music is very sexually explicate~ The whole siloette thing was vary tame by comparison of what he's done with that guitar many times before~
Like a said at the begining... I'm not a big fan yet I know all of this as does everyone else in the country that could have turned the channel or walked away during the halftime show~
Fork 'em in neck if they don't like it!  
firedevil.gif

He's a great guitar player and a great performer. People need to relax a bit....

(GJoker @ Feb. 08 2007,12:56) I'm not a big Prince fan, but it's quite obvious I have to share my wife with him~ I found his half time performance to be one of the best I've seen of him~ I was pretty impressed to be honest~ He didn't act the shy/quiet guy and I not only could hear what he was singing, but actually understood his words!
Someone is always gonna find something wrong with everything around us~ Prince and his music is very sexually explicate~ The whole siloette thing was vary tame by comparison of what he's done with that guitar many times before~
Like a said at the begining... I'm not a big fan yet I know all of this as does everyone else in the country that could have turned the channel or walked away during the halftime show~
Fork 'em in neck if they don't like it!  
firedevil.gif
Hey, at least he didn't walk out in that "rearless" get up from the Grammy's a few years back...some yellow get up, cheeks hanging out...
laugh.gif

WWJD, there are at least a dozen lawsuits you listed up there! Pick one and get thyself rich!
tounge.gif

At first, from another angle I commented that it looked like a devil's forked tail, but after he turned w/ the guitar jokingly stated, "Now it looks like something else."

We all thought it was kind of amusing actually...he's known to use these types of symbols in his performances.

I must say that Seniore' Symbol did put on a great performance...he even ripped off his doo-rag.

Some people really need to get a frickin clue and a life.

Good performance I thought.

More of a Stones/ Who/ Classic rock guy, but you got to love Prince in that Purple Rain movie cruising his 400 cc bike with huge windshield and tassles
super.gif

people really need to get a life. If at any given moment you find a television show offensive there options for you such as changing the channel. Now there's a hell of a concept huh? OR pop in a Sesame Street DVD. Nothing but wholesome fun right there.
beerchug.gif

Back