This really burns my bacon! Scammer?

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
This is the email I got back today about Juli's bike. The first buyer could not get financing.

Hello

Thanks for writing back.This is exactly what I need.I'd really like to pay you in cash at hands.But right now I'm not within your reach that I could easily come for the payment and pick-up .
I am an Assistant Crewing Manager in a ship. We move from one location to another. I would make arrangements for it to be picked up after you must have confirmed payment with your bank.So my means of payment will be Certified Bank Cashier's Check or Personal Bank certified Check ,which is more secured and better than any other means of payment.
Your asking price is okay by me and I would be willing to send you the asking price and I would include the shipping fees which i would highlight later.Please Note that my shipper will come to your location for the pick up after you have confirmed the payment.
If this is ok by you,I will need these information below to enable me send the payment out to you immediately so that we can proceed.
Full Name...
Address to mail the payment....
Cell Phone number.....
Bank Name
I will mail you the payment as soon as I get the information and let you know when you will receive it.
regards
James

Used to be that Cashier's cheques were the most secure way to pay.. If you can't trust it, just wait for a cash offer to come through.

You are too nice a guy! Send him 20 large Pappa John's pizzas.......tell them you'll pay with cashiers check!

I'm disappointed. I sold my trailer on craigslist this week and I did not get one scammer trying to get my money... I must not be good enough for them. :(

This is the email I got back today about Juli's bike. The first buyer could not get financing.

Hello

Thanks for writing back.This is exactly what I need.I'd really like to pay you in cash at hands.But right now I'm not within your reach that I could easily come for the payment and pick-up .
I am an Assistant Crewing Manager in a ship. We move from one location to another. I would make arrangements for it to be picked up after you must have confirmed payment with your bank.So my means of payment will be Certified Bank Cashier's Check or Personal Bank certified Check ,which is more secured and better than any other means of payment.
Your asking price is okay by me and I would be willing to send you the asking price and I would include the shipping fees which i would highlight later.Please Note that my shipper will come to your location for the pick up after you have confirmed the payment.
If this is ok by you,I will need these information below to enable me send the payment out to you immediately so that we can proceed.
Full Name...
Address to mail the payment....
Cell Phone number.....
Bank Name
I will mail you the payment as soon as I get the information and let you know when you will receive it.
regards
James

At least he didn't ask for your mother's maiden name :laugh:

They do that crap on everything placed on craigslist. I listed a home phone system and got email crap like that on $100 phones.

Sorry to hear, James. I hope you get a serious buyer soon.

Back