Tx. taking hands off bars is reckless driving

craigntx

Registered
today i got stopped and b4 i could get my lid off, he tells me i took my hands off the bars and that's reckless driving???
he notices my inspection is expired also (the garage punched the wrong year)
and i didn't have my ins. id, only a bill. in tx the cops can tell you're current on your ins on their computer. i guess he decided to waste a ticket anyway.
so he drops the wreckless driving and writes me for the inspection and ins.
which tells me the wreckless driving thing is bull****, and he knew it.
he woulda really tripped if he saw me do the no handed stop:laugh:

so cruising around with 1 hand on your lap is wreckless?

Is that the same for cages?

fight it............call a Lawyer and see what he could do.

It would be worth the Lawyer Fee just to Prove this cop wrong and while you are at it see what Case Law Precident has been set or Make them Cite The Law in Detail where taking your hands off = reckless.

Last edited:
MOVE to BFE southern Ohio. As long as incest is not involved, you can do pretty much anything you want.

But if you need incest, there is always West Virginia.:poke:

fight it............call a Lawyer and see what he could do.

It would be worth the Lawyer Fee just to Prove this cop wrong and while you are at it see what Case Law Precident has been set or Make them Cite The Law in Detail where taking your hands off = reckless.

oh he dropped it.
wrote me for ins and inspection
didn't have my card on me and the garage punched the wrong year

other 2 should be dropped since you have ins and the shop keeps records of inspections.

(quote)other 2 should be dropped since you have ins and the shop keeps records of inspections(quote)
yea, i went to garage. he was pissed he had to give up another sticker.
but there's prolly gonna be an administrative fee to the city.
maybe $10 on each.
despite the fact the insp thing aint my fault:banghead:

yea, i went to garage. he was pissed he had to give up another sticker.
but there's prolly gonna be an administrative fee to the city.
maybe $10 on each.
despite the fact the insp thing aint my fault:banghead:[/QUOTE]

Better than the alternative...

So if theres a fee, ask the garage to pay it. after all, its not YOUR fault they made the error, and as such you shouldnt have to pay for it.

no, it was just a moment.
houston pd likes to screw with bikes:poke:

Sorry to hear about your run-in...DPS likes to do their share too...I'm thinking 'bout moving back to Montana. There's not a traffic cop on every corner back there..:moon:

Im confused, you got a ticket for two infractions that were true?

Your sticker showed expired and you weren't carrying the correct insurance form?

Whats the issue?

today i got stopped and b4 i could get my lid off, he tells me i took my hands off the bars and that's reckless driving???
he notices my inspection is expired also (the garage punched the wrong year)
and i didn't have my ins. id, only a bill. in tx the cops can tell you're current on your ins on their computer. i guess he decided to waste a ticket anyway.
so he drops the wreckless driving and writes me for the inspection and ins.
which tells me the wreckless driving thing is bull****, and he knew it.
he woulda really tripped if he saw me do the no handed stop:laugh:

Even though we have all done it at one point or another and it's only for a moment (when slowing up to an intersection for me) it is legally considered reckless riding, he just happen to see you, but he let you off. I believe in FL it's the law to have both hands on at all times when bike is in motion.

Inspection sticker showed expired, but how many stories does he hear about expired tags. He can only work with what's provided to him. Hate to say it, but it's your responsibility to make sure you have the correct info. on your tag.

AND you didn't have your Ins. Card. A bill doesn't mean sh*t other than you owe money for your future insurance coverage as they bill in advance. Show proof of ins. and this gets thrown out.

Back