Adventures in Unemployment. Or New Lessons Learned, and this is kinda fun...

Boy you are taking this well.... not so sure I would be so calm (but my better half makes way more than I do also)

and there goes the other BMW owner... drat... hey is yours flashed for the 400+ ponies? :) figure for $60G they should include that in the price... been trying to talk Karen in to letting me have it flashed... :whistle:

A few lessons I learned when I was ummm... 'released from service' a few years ago...

* I was able to spend time with my babies and watch them grow up :thumbsup:
* There's no better time to get off your butt and start that business you keep dreaming about.
* The unemployment office is your friend
* Free money from the government just for applying to jobs is cool!
* If you don't want the free money to end, apply to jobs you are either unqualified for or overqualified
* Sooner or later, the free money comes to an end :( - and you really have to apply for jobs
* You really find out who your friends are when you are broke
* Keep Momma happy. When Momma's happy - EVERYBODY's happy!
* Go out and explore your neighborhood, city, village, town, whatever. There's all kinds of stuff out there if you stop and look for it
* Ohana means family. And family means no one gets left behind.

I'm thankful I made it through that period and I'm a better person for it.

Your list was great, thanks for sharing and best of luck!

What's your asking price for the porsche turbo?
I can't disclose that on an open board. I'll just say it was a fair exchange for a 43,000 mile unmolested triple black 1977 turbo carrera with a conditional buy-back option.

Bro-:rofl:
you coulda PM'd me-I woulda sent you linky to a GOOD pair of clippers with a GUARD so that s**t dont happen!

look at it like this-nobody tries to chop down a forest by hittin the trees right at the trunk-ya gotta cut'em down gradually, then make a final pass with Bic or Shic-if you're so inclined:whistle:

at least, these were the tips I could find on google-I know nothing bout this "manscaping of the coinpurse" thing you speak of:moon:

Well... See that's the kicker... The PROPER tool for the job was just over there. Almost within reach really. I just did a rapid transition to the coin purse after I had finished cutting my hair... Yes with a different pair of scissors.

SO I just have no excuse, it was about 2AM, so maybe I was a little tired, but yeah it was just going fine till.... WHOOPS, OUCH OUCH OUCH.... MEDIC!!!

TP was no use at this point... I was looking for the QuikClot Truama kit or at least a Triangle bandage... In the end I did settle for a classic.

The worst part was that it hurt, and kept on hurting for a good few days.
Wasn't fun. and i have no one to blame. I have the correct tool for the job, I was just in a hurry.

Lesson learned though.

if the old lady cant wait 5 more secs. for you to grab the proper gear to get the job done dude...i'd say she dont really give 2 s**ts anyway about the manscaping-just do tha dam thang!:cheerleader:

*and I wouldn't even trim my BIG head, at 2am....thats so dumb even I know better*:poke:

Well... See that's the kicker... The PROPER tool for the job was just over there. Almost within reach really. I just did a rapid transition to the coin purse after I had finished cutting my hair... Yes with a different pair of scissors.

SO I just have no excuse, it was about 2AM, so maybe I was a little tired, but yeah it was just going fine till.... WHOOPS, OUCH OUCH OUCH.... MEDIC!!!

TP was no use at this point... I was looking for the QuikClot Truama kit or at least a Triangle bandage... In the end I did settle for a classic.

The worst part was that it hurt, and kept on hurting for a good few days.
Wasn't fun. and i have no one to blame. I have the correct tool for the job, I was just in a hurry.

Lesson learned though.
Glad to hear you are still doing well sir. I did however about die reading that and Sarah almost choked as I read it to her.

heres a job

DoodyCalls - looking for team members (Houston)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: job-1027801558@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2009-02-09, 2:50PM CST

Fast growing pet waste removal company seeks reliable and hard working people to join our team. Must have completed some college, have internet access, and reliable transportation. Good driving record and background check required. $10 - $12/hr. Please see Pet Dog Waste Removal and Pooper Scooper Service to find out more about us and call 281-780-3038 to schedule an interview.

Compensation: $10 to $12 per hour, other incentives available
This is a part-time job.
OK for recruiters to contact this job poster.
Phone calls about this job are ok.
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
PostingID: 1027801558

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 2009 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum
:moon:

I used to play alot of pool in the Union Hall of U. of Wis.-Milwaukee...so i was AT a college, and had some experiences there...:laugh:

Hey Rev-if you take the doodycall job, i'll give you Jack's new home address-you could make a mint just following his weak-bladder-havin-a$$ around his new owner's yard:whistle:

or-if you cant handle the heavy lifting-Amy's new dog Mia weighs less than one of Jack's turds, so her lil tootsie-rolls would be a sinch for ya:thumbsup:

Miapuppypix 151.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:youre a frickin nut Rev...

Here's a lesson for ya..

Yes ground beef CAN be prepared in 1000 ways:rofl::rofl:

:rofl: Well I have always been a believer in Full disclosure. I figure hell, if I cannot be useful at home, at least others might be able to use my example as a "What NOT to do"...

Hell every time I see that pair of scissors I get a little shudder.

Poop picker upper? Now I am not "above" ANY job. I've cleaned bathrooms, I've washed dishes... 18 hours straight no less. I've emptied trash, and hell I even managed to get shot at by people actually wanting to kill me... (Family reunions are SO MUCH FUN!) :whistle:

BUT

I really do not want to pick up Poo... Might go pick apples though. $15 an hour... Who knows, I bet some of them South American folks working the Orchards have cute daughters... :thumbsup:

But seriously, there is no point in looking at my ever shrinking savings, my lovely 30% reduction in the 401K, and there's no point in crying about the BMW going away... It doesn't lead me to a happier place, it's NOT going to make a difference so to hell with it.
Roll baby roll...

It's an Aikido philosophy to NOT be an immovable object resisting the forces around you, all it does is wear you down. Instead accept the forces, turn with the forces, and use that energy negative or otherwise to your own benefit. I.E. "Roll with it."

Harder than it sounds when you are taught to stand fast, resist, and be that Manly immovable object, but works wonderfully IF... IF you can actually do it and mean it, which is the hard part.

It might also be due to my being mostly insane. ???

I have learned it takes a long time to read a thread and then all of the posts to it, and then all of the reply's to those posts, and then all of the replys to your post where people quot you, and then in the end you eventually forget where the thread was and remember it probably wasn't that important anyway....

oh and also dont put your finger in the light socket when changing a lightbulb

never cut an extension cord with a pair of scissors without first making sure it isnt still plugged in

after watching your father tip over a wheel barrel full of dirt 3 times in a row, never suggest to him that he turns the thing around first and then puts the dirt in it

when you get to be about 17 you can finally begin to outrun your father

no matter how much you disagree with her, mom's are always right about the girl you bring home that she warned you about...

when you get the wind knocked out of you, and all of your friends are laughing , you cant get enough air to get up and punch them for laughing at you

when I would DJ in Chicago... girls flashing me there boobs was always better then a 2$ tip, no matter how ugly they may be, because after all I was shooting video the whole time...

Deals Gap, devils backbone, the dragon...lets just call it what it is, a really good place for novice riders to die! please be careful, and also remind me to as well

whenever Mr Bogus posts a thread about a Pm about this and that or something and it has a poll in it....just skip it and give him a call, I think I wasted an hour today...Thanks Randy..lol

Last but not least, no matter how many times or which subject we all agree or disagree, i love the fact that when you ride we all leave everything behind us...now all we need is a motorcycle ride simulation program on here, then non of us will have winter blues...

My real Name is Todd Shingledecker and i approve this message...:beerchug:

Last edited:
Re: heres a job

DoodyCalls - looking for team members (Houston)
Fast growing pet waste removal company seeks reliable and hard working people to join our team. Must have completed some college, have internet access, and reliable transportation. Good driving record and background check required. $10 - $12/hr. Please see Pet Dog Waste Removal and Pooper Scooper Service to find out more about us and call 281-780-3038
:moon:

since when do you need an education to pick up doggie sh_t
:rofl:

I have learned it takes a long time to read a thread and then all of the posts to it, and then all of the reply's to those posts, and then all of the replys to your post where people quot you, and then in the end you eventually forget where the thread was and remember it probably wasn't that important anyway....

oh and also dont put your finger in the light socket when changing a lightbulb

never cut an extension cord with a pair of scissors without first making sure it isnt still plugged in

after watching your father tip over a wheel barrel full of dirt 3 times in a row, never suggest to him that he turns the thing around first and then puts the dirt in it

when you get to be about 17 you can finally begin to outrun your father

no matter how much you disagree with her, mom's are always right about the girl you bring home that she warned you about...

when you get the wind knocked out of you, and all of your friends are laughing , you cant get enough air to get up and punch them for laughing at you

when I would DJ in Chicago... girls flashing me there boobs was always better then a 2$ tip, no matter how ugly they may be, because after all I was shooting video the whole time...

Deals Gap, devils backbone, the dragon...lets just call it what it is, a really good place for novice riders to die! please be careful, and also remind me to as well

whenever Mr Bogus posts a thread about a Pm about this and that or something and it has a poll in it....just skip it and give him a call, I think I wasted an hour today...Thanks Randy..lol

Last but not least, no matter how many times or which subject we all agree or disagree, i love the fact that when you ride we all leave everything behind us...now all we need is a motorcycle ride simulation program on here, then non of us will have winter blues...

My real Name is Todd Shingledecker and i approve this message..

That is way too long, Todd, I can't read that. ADHD, ya know. :banghead::welcome:

Back