Adventures in Unemployment. Or New Lessons Learned, and this is kinda fun...

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
Well now does indeed have to be one of the worst times to be Unemployed in recent decades. I've had one option after another dry up, one possibility disappear after the other. :madfire:

First there are some obvious effects. Regardless of situation it messes with your head. Depression, Self Doubt, questioning Self Worth and a blow to the ego. It's a wonderful grab bag of conflicted messages. Combine being laid off with being "let go" with no discussion after being an Admin here for 5 years and it really eats at ya... However, as Grandma once said, the best revenge when the bastards are trying to get you down is to simply live well... And that's what I've been doing.

I'm extremely lucky in that loosing my job didn't spell disaster, there was a little belt tightening but fortunately my being attracted to smart women in College has paid dividends. :laugh:

Yeah the BMW needs to go, I should be getting serious about this and I'll finally likely be selling Lilah (after talking about it for two years) but the Pathfinder and the Griso are staying.

ANYHOO enough of the personal drivel, I know there are scarce few out there that give a hoot, and I understand that.

SO WHAT HAVE I LEARNED... In NO particular order.

• NEVER, go to the Mall or Grocery Shopping near the 15th or at the end of the month. Seems that this is Pre-Payday and the hoards are out.

• Wednesday is HOT Chick day at TOP Grocery, Thursday is Tasty MILF day at Alberston's. I dunno why bit without fail... This is where I'll be finding a new Wife if I need one... Whew!

• Baking bread is both really easy, and the most frustrating thing on the planet... Behind women. It works... Then it doesn't, it rises, or it doesn't... WTF?

• The UPS Guy is my friend, he brings me much happiness. PArts for new Computer, Parts the bike, tools for the bed, etc, he's the MAN!

• House cleaning and laundry are rewarding but MIND numbing... Looking for a house keeper.

• WHITE'S GO WITH WHITE'S, Descrimination is OK here as the Darks really need to go with darks and this segregation is crucial.

• Women really don't like their new "Grey" top, or Grey Socks, undies etc...

• "Dry Clean Only" really means dry CLEAN ONLY!!! Whoo was she pizzed.

• Never EVER underestimate the love a women has for her favorite wool... ANYTHING.

• Having Dinner ready for your S.O. is rewarding in many different ways... I don't think I need to explain.

• Shopping can be both a sport, and a hobby, who knew?

• Your Friends still working at your old job, are made slightly uncomfortable by your presence. Use it to your advantage... Free lunch, all the time!

• Driving around in a new BMW feels somehow extra wrong when you're not working... Time for it to go.

• Bartender neighbors coming home with pretty women at 3AM are NOT your Friends, they are bad for sleep, But their friends are your friends and your liver... Suffers.

• THIS IS CRITICAL... NEVER, EVER get distracted while Manscaping your nethers with a pair of seriously sharp scissors. OH LORDY... Sure it hurt, lopping a Mini-Altoid sized piece of ummm Coinpurse off at 2AM in the Master Bathroom isn't fun. BUT THE BLOOD! OMG I was pretty certain I was going to have to wake the wife, grab a maxipad and head to the Emergency room. It simply would not Stop. It did just as I was preparing to leave the house though. Which is good cause I was NOT looking forward to explaining what happened to said coinpurse to the assuredly cute and young triage nurse. :ssad:

• NEVER turn on the TV if there is stuff to do, nothing pulls the momentum outta you like the idiot box.

• Woodworking skills are NOT like riding a bicycle... You get rusty, it's NOT just "hop right back on" easy to get back to it.

Anyhoo, I was aiming for a bit more funny, but this is a starter anyway. How about you all? What have you learned?

Last edited:
Don't feel bad buddy. I had my fourteen year loan officer business tank,, all my clients either moved or froze in their own tracks. Life is interesting and reorganization is crucial,, if not a core foundation!

I know the value of life, the harmony of friends that support to the point of exhaustion. Thank God each second you have a companion,, being without is pure misery tantamount to insanity! I am not used to not holding my own and being able to walk into a grocery store worried about each item that goes into my hand-held basket and if whether or not I can pay for everything with the change in my pocket!

Times are CHANGED! Reality NOW is different!

Don't worry about the Bimmer and the other "THINGS",, it's just car,,, and these things are just that,, THINGS!
They are not what makes you breath,, they are not what makes you YOU!
They are not things that give you the ability to get up each day and fight the good fight!

Tomorrow is another day! God bless you and ,, let me buy you lunch or cook the two of you an awesome meal,, it will brighten both of our lives and help us to feel,, just a bit normal for moment!
icon12.gif

After five wonderful years,,, I will sell this wonderful THING this Friday. I hate to do this at this time,, but it IS essential to survival and,,, I will rebuild and come back stronger.

S6300990resize.jpg

I have a terrible story, but I'm not the type to share. I've worried more about money in the past year than I ever did the previous 25. But afterall; things are just things, and even though I'm a broke azz I am blessed, and thankful for the life I do lead...

and find myself praying for those with bigger issues facing them

Yeah, very true... Stuff is stuff, nothing more.

It comes and it goes...

Cookie how about we meet up for lunch at some point? WE can go "dutch" :blonde: keep it simple. :rofl:

Sorry to hear of everyones misfortune, it's sad times hope they get better real soon. God bless all of you.

If I had to sell anything to survive my truck would go first. It is my biggest liability, and my largest expense (outside of my house). I would do whatever it took legally to survive. I have been there in the mid 90's right before the Y2K scare. Thankfully that scare got me a job testing software for a major company. Financially it was my savior. Emotionally it was a disaster. I hit my all time mental low shortly after.

I learned to keep in touch with your friends. They will help you through to tough times. Be careful not to let depression get to you. I judge my mental state by the music I listen too. The more depressed I get, the more depressing music I listen to. Misery loves company.

Revlis - Call Teksystems and Apex. They find contract work for the high tech jobs. I know a few recruiters in Bellevue.

Guys, keep your head up and know that God is your true supplier of your needs. I remember being laid off back in 2001. My wife was laid off from her job the day before. We had no income and a baby on the way. The morning I was laid off, I applied for the job that I have now. 20 days later I interviewed with my company and they offered me the job a week later. The amazing part about it is there were people who were on the waiting list for my company from like six months to 2 years. That let me know that He was in control. :bowdown:
As far as selling items goes, sometimes we have to part with some things temporarily to make room for something better.

HEY HEY!!! This isn't supposed to be Further into the depths of Unemployment Bummerness... This is supposed to be a little bit of lighthearted Holy Crap can you believe we are unemployedness... :laugh:

You have to laugh to keep the creeping darkness from getting to close.

I appreciate the God thoughts and if you like keep sending em' my way, I won't complain. Hell, Maybe at some point I could start to believe. Would be damn nice to believe that there is some greater power looking after me. I wont knock it.

:rofl:

I can just imagine how I would feel if I had the "Mini-Altoid" experience !!! I know the kind of fear it would invoke to know you are gonna have to do a "Show and Tell" as to how some sh!t like that happened !! :rofl:

As far as the unemployment goes.. Sounds like you have a good handle on things, and as history has proven, we will survive and come back stronger than ever !!! Just make the most of this time because you will be working again before you know it and will be thinking of things you wished you would have done while you were out of work...

Best wishes for you Revlis, and for everyone else in these tough times...:beerchug:

Don't feel bad buddy. I had my fourteen year loan officer business tank,, all my clients either moved or froze in their own tracks. Life is interesting and reorganization is crucial,, if not a core foundation!

I know the value of life, the harmony of friends that support to the point of exhaustion. Thank God each second you have a companion,, being without is pure misery tantamount to insanity! I am not used to not holding my own and being able to walk into a grocery store worried about each item that goes into my hand-held basket and if whether or not I can pay for everything with the change in my pocket!

Times are CHANGED! Reality NOW is different!

Don't worry about the Bimmer and the other "THINGS",, it's just car,,, and these things are just that,, THINGS!
They are not what makes you breath,, they are not what makes you YOU!
They are not things that give you the ability to get up each day and fight the good fight!

Tomorrow is another day! God bless you and ,, let me buy you lunch or cook the two of you an awesome meal,, it will brighten both of our lives and help us to feel,, just a bit normal for moment!
icon12.gif

After five wonderful years,,, I will sell this wonderful THING this Friday. I hate to do this at this time,, but it IS essential to survival and,,, I will rebuild and come back stronger.

What's your asking price for the porsche turbo?

[*]THIS IS CRITICAL... NEVER, EVER get distracted while Manscaping your nethers with a pair of seriously sharp scissors. OH LORDY... Sure it hurt, lopping a Mini-Altoid sized piece of ummm Coinpurse off at 2AM in the Master Bathroom isn't fun. BUT THE BLOOD! OMG I was pretty certain I was going to have to wake the wife, grab a maxipad and head to the Emergency room. It simply would not Stop. It did just as I was preparing to leave the house though. Which is good cause I was NOT looking forward to explaining what happened to said coinpurse to the assuredly cute and young triage nurse. :ssad:

:rofl: I learned that lesson long ago. The "special" set of carefully manipulated clippers accomplishes that task.

I would do whatever it took legally to survive.

ah-there's the difference b/w ME-:whistle:
and everyone else here....:rulez: dont matter to me anymore than speed limits when it comes to my survival, or that of my family. I'll do whatever I have to do, to get by. Period.

[*]THIS IS CRITICAL... NEVER, EVER get distracted while Manscaping your nethers with a pair of seriously sharp scissors.
What have you learned?

Bro-:rofl:
you coulda PM'd me-I woulda sent you linky to a GOOD pair of clippers with a GUARD so that s**t dont happen!

look at it like this-nobody tries to chop down a forest by hittin the trees right at the trunk-ya gotta cut'em down gradually, then make a final pass with Bic or Shic-if you're so inclined:whistle:

at least, these were the tips I could find on google-I know nothing bout this "manscaping of the coinpurse" thing you speak of:moon:

Back