Raising the bar...?

What is height and what bar riser solution has been best for you?

• up to 5'9" - Stock bars are great!

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • up to 5'9" - Genmar risers rock!

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • up to 5'9" - Helibars can't be beat!

Votes: 16 7.7%
  • 5'10" - 6'1" - Stock bars are great!

Votes: 40 19.2%
  • 5'10" - 6'1" - Genmar risers rock!

Votes: 13 6.3%
  • 5'10" - 6'1" - Helibars can't be beat!

Votes: 41 19.7%
  • 6'2" or taller - Stock bars are great!

Votes: 29 13.9%
  • 6'2" or taller - Genmar risers rock!

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • 6'2" or taller - Helibars can't be beat!

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other (Please post up below with the details)

Votes: 18 8.7%

• Total voters
Bump. More votes needed.

I find it surprising that there are so few votes in this poll with so many members on the .org and so many comments throughout the site regarding this type of mod.

Uncle Sam needs your vote! :):laugh:

For those of us considering raising the bars in one manner or another, I thought it would be helpful to everyone to get an idea of what others have done and what success they've had in comparison to the height of the rider.

Cast your vote in the poll and post up the details of your experience. Thanks!

I got use to the bike and never modified the bars or pegs. I'd put some scar miles on it before spending the money. Just my two cents :beerchug:

Bump. More votes needed.

I find it surprising that there are so few votes in this poll with so many members on the .org and so many comments throughout the site regarding this type of mod.

Uncle Sam needs your vote! :):laugh:
I got tired reading the choices... no vote.. needed a score card..

I got tired reading the choices... no vote.. needed a score card..

Sorry 'bout the "depth" of the poll. Just seemed irrelevant to ask if folks were comfy without knowing their height or setup. Similarly, knowing a riders height would've been pretty useless without knowing their setup or comfort level. Finally, knowing a bikes setup would hardly be useful without knowing the comfort level and height of the rider. This is one of those multi-faceted issues. Kind of like a Rubik's cube, only the payoff for the right solution is waaaayyy better. But, like a Rubik's cube, trial and error is a bit useless and, unlike a Rubik's cube, FAR too expensive.

In the words of Lloyd Dobler: "I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that."

Simple, right? :whistle:

i`m 6'1" about 255 have my rear link on the first hole and just have soupys 1 inch spacers in front and lowered the front an inch so it`s kinda back to stock riding position. i can ride all day long with maybe just a short few breaks, breaks are always good to talk about what you saw or what someone did with whoever your riding with .:laugh:

Big E and Busa 004.jpg

front lowering kit 002.jpg

i`m 6'1" about 255 have my rear link on the first hole and just have soupys 1 inch spacers in front and lowered the front an inch so it`s kinda back to stock riding position. i can ride all day long with maybe just a short few breaks, breaks are always good to talk about what you saw or what someone did with whoever your riding with .:laugh:

No argument on the value of breaks. I just don't wanna HAVE to take breaks unless I want to. Thanks for the feedback!

Good thread, MMG. I too am disappointed in the low response and fairly even spread of the poll. Understand that the poll is too detailed for some, but rather well constructed nonetheless. If anything, it should've had a line for:

"Still stock setup, but I really want to change it!"

My still-forming impressions of the bike are based on the fact that the riding position 'feels' just like the Katana 600 I sold to buy the Busa, except with a touch more weight (and actual power ;)). Both have the bars too low and too far forward for me at 5'7" While riding, I'll release one hand and rest my knuckles on the bar, which feels *much* more comfortable. Looking at that position says 1" up and 1" back, e.g., Heli Bars. But $209 is pretty tough to swallow right now. The cheaper than Genmar option (4 aluminum tubes) for $20 shipped off of eBay might be worth it as an experiment, but they detract a bit from the looks, are harder to install, and still don't get the right position for me.

I'm saving for the Heli Bars now. Sure wish we could put together a group buy.

5'11" with 1.25" home made risers, Corbin seat, touring screen and Buell peg mod.. I can ride 700 to 800 mile days with no problems... :thumbsup:

Unless he has his tight leather pants on!:laugh: I have the same setup as I got them from Doyle.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
6'4", Tall Genmar, Helibars, CRG Levers, Galfer lines +1.5" ,Corbin seat , ZG ST screen and buell pegs. Only thing I would even think about changing is to get rid of the Genmar and Helibars and add some form of adjustable bar system like Gilles Variobars or perhaps the LSL tubular bar kit to get some adjustability in it.

Not to change the subject but have any of the guys with similar setups to mine had issues with the Cluthch and Brake Reservoirs hitting the top clamp when you try to rotate them to adjust for the new bar angle? This is sub optimal and I have thought about taking a grinder to the clamp to afford a few more degrees of rotation?

I am 5'7" and used a speedymoto triple clamp to give me an extra 3/4" up and about 1" back, made a huge difference! Now I can ride all day but I still have to stop every time the tank runs out (about 90-100 miles is all I get). I know, I know, not relevant, I just could not resist posting another pic of my Isabella! :thumbsup::whistle:

DSC01120.jpg

About to find out about the Genmar risers. Just snagged a 1.25" one off of ebay. Really wanted the Heli Bars instead, but too pricey at $209. Will let you know how I like them when they are installed.

The GenMar riser came today. Solid block of aluminum. The thing must weigh 2 lbs! Wish I had a big mill to hog out some pockets for lightening. The plastic snoopy's copy (or whatever it's called) might be a better approach, or maybe I should have gotten the Heli Bars that I wanted in the first place.

Anyway.... Hope to install this on Saturday and will give you a report.

- Cheers, AJ

Back