Raising the bar...?

What is height and what bar riser solution has been best for you?

• up to 5'9" - Stock bars are great!

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • up to 5'9" - Genmar risers rock!

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • up to 5'9" - Helibars can't be beat!

Votes: 16 7.7%
  • 5'10" - 6'1" - Stock bars are great!

Votes: 40 19.2%
  • 5'10" - 6'1" - Genmar risers rock!

Votes: 13 6.3%
  • 5'10" - 6'1" - Helibars can't be beat!

Votes: 41 19.7%
  • 6'2" or taller - Stock bars are great!

Votes: 29 13.9%
  • 6'2" or taller - Genmar risers rock!

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • 6'2" or taller - Helibars can't be beat!

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other (Please post up below with the details)

Votes: 18 8.7%

• Total voters

MelodicMetalGod

Registered
For those of us considering raising the bars in one manner or another, I thought it would be helpful to everyone to get an idea of what others have done and what success they've had in comparison to the height of the rider.

Cast your vote in the poll and post up the details of your experience. Thanks!

So far, I've only got the stock bars, but I after about an hour of riding, I experience fatigue in my wrists and neck. I usually just take a quick 5 or 10 minute break and then continue. However, this is the first bike that I've ever had to "take a break" from due to these issues, so I'm looking to change things up so that I can tour on the Hayabusa for hours at a time.

I look forward to your votes and your posts.

Thanks to all!

So far, I've only got the stock bars, but I after about an hour of riding, I experience fatigue in my wrists and neck. I usually just take a quick 5 or 10 minute break and then continue. However, this is the first bike that I've ever had to "take a break" from due to these issues, so I'm looking to change things up so that I can tour on the Hayabusa for hours at a time.

I look forward to your votes and your posts.

Thanks to all!

6'5" 245...stock bars and the stock seat...no complaints with either one. You need to ride more to build up your endurance :whistle:

6'5" 245...stock bars and the stock seat...no complaints with either one. You need to ride more to build up your endurance :whistle:

Thanks for the response. At 6'5", I'm guessing you've got a lot more arm to reach the bars which would allow you to ride more upright when you wish which would take stress of your wrist's, neck and back. Makes perfect sense.

Riding more to build up endurance doesn't seem to be the issue given that a) I've never had any problems with ANY other bike I've owned (granted, this is my first non-UJM type bike) and b) a great many reviews of the Hayabusa indicate that the stock ergonomics are conducive to these issues for many riders of less than above average height.

Maybe if I order that Barney Fife "get taller system" and dislocate my shoulders, the stock ergos would be more comfortable for longer riders. ;)

PS: Good to see post from you that doesn't involve page grabbing. ;)

Last edited:
I think my longest ride was to the Busa Babe Bash. 9 hours and the day started off in the low 30's which makes a difference. These bikes are incredibly comfy.

Last edited:
I used Heli-Bars on mine, mainly because my lower back isn't what it used to be. I'm 5'9" and 210lbs with gear (working on loosing some of that :whistle: ). I have ridden for more than 10 hours a day with a few short breaks for fuel, food, and bathroom. This bike handles wonderfully, even on the track.

I used Heli-Bars on mine, mainly because my lower back isn't what it used to be. I'm 5'9" and 210lbs with gear (working on loosing some of that :whistle: ). I have ridden for more than 10 hours a day with a few short breaks for fuel, food, and bathroom. This bike handles wonderfully, even on the track.

10 hours is great. Probably more than I will generally do, but I'm after the comfort to be able to do that if I so choose.

Thanks for posting up! :beerchug:

5'11" with 1.25" home made risers, Corbin seat, touring screen and Buell peg mod.. I can ride 700 to 800 mile days with no problems... :thumbsup:

5'11" with 1.25" home made risers, Corbin seat, touring screen and Buell peg mod.. I can ride 700 to 800 mile days with no problems... :thumbsup:

How does the Buell peg mod help for long rides? I thought that mod brought the pegs up and back for a tighter (cramped) leg position?

GenMar, Helibars, Tobin seat, Buell pegs. then rode over 600 miles in one day, and I'll be 70 next summer and am going to do ride the Busa to Sturgis AGAIN.

It was about 530 miles that day. Rode to Orange Beach Florida the next day, and then back home the following day :thumbsup:

GenMar, Helibars, Tobin seat, Buell pegs. then rode over 600 miles in one day, and I'll be 70 next summer and am going to do ride the Busa to Sturgis AGAIN.

Wow. You've done it all. Can you still turn lock to lock with both the Genmar and Helibars installed?

Back