Raising the bar...?

What is height and what bar riser solution has been best for you?

• up to 5'9" - Stock bars are great!

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • up to 5'9" - Genmar risers rock!

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • up to 5'9" - Helibars can't be beat!

Votes: 16 7.7%
  • 5'10" - 6'1" - Stock bars are great!

Votes: 40 19.2%
  • 5'10" - 6'1" - Genmar risers rock!

Votes: 13 6.3%
  • 5'10" - 6'1" - Helibars can't be beat!

Votes: 41 19.7%
  • 6'2" or taller - Stock bars are great!

Votes: 29 13.9%
  • 6'2" or taller - Genmar risers rock!

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • 6'2" or taller - Helibars can't be beat!

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other (Please post up below with the details)

Votes: 18 8.7%

• Total voters
I got 3/4" Genmar and helibars on mine. Can't tell you how much of a difference though, weather hasn't been cooperating in Ky.

for the record i am 6'1" 210. i made some spacers myself and installed last year. huge improvement. i think i went 1.25". as far as the buell pegs go i could not take them off quick enough. i dont think of myself as a aggressive rider by any means but i touched my boot in 2 corners. not even trying to lean it over. headed home and took them off. plus shifting was a lot harder.

i would like to get a different seat. was thinking of the tobin but cant see how being lower in the seat (less leg room then now) can be more comfortable. Anyone comment on this?

So is this the kind of thread where we all get together for a group hug at the end? :laugh: And I didn't see the option listed for ape hangers and Gold Wing chairs...:whistle:

Sorry...no offense meant but I couldn't resist...:beerchug:

I like the heli's, not sure you gain enough for the price, but they definitely help.
combine with Buell pegs and a tobin and the whole ride changes.

Ok,guys, I am 5'4 and weigh about 123 lbs. I have had the busa lowered and spacers are in to raise 3/4 inch. The h.bars will go up another 3/4 inch but what a reach to the bars for me!!

I do get tired, I was able to knock out 6-8 hour days on my CBR but have a tough time doing that on 'busa. Are Heli-bars the answer? Also, I get a TON of wind buffeting on my bike,what windscreen is recommended?

I have spent a lot of time trying to make this bike fit me,I love it but maybe I am just not big enough? I sure can't push it around though,that's an accident waiting to happen!

P.S. I have a Corbin seat, but i can't really touch the ground when it's on so i keep the stock one on.

i loved my heli bars then my new tripple tree mount was to high and they hit my screen so i took em off

FWIW, I finally sold my Genmar riser and am used to the Heli Bars. Either of them greatly increase the comfort in my opinion. The Helis look a LOT better, but if cash is important to you, I think the Genmars are almost as good for comfort.

There is no option for no change. I have the 1 1/4 inch Genmar risers and had no diffrence. My hands still fell asleep. I found that I need to arch my back to and hold my self up with my back. Loosen your sholders will help with discomfort and lastly don't grip the bars too tightly. It transmits small inputs into the bike and also pinches nerves in the palm. Just a few trick that I picked up. I also left the riseres on becuase they didn't affect the bikes preformance. I just had to rotate the resivors forward to clear the stock wind screen.

I have the helibars and buel pegs which did help. The biggest thing for me though is my tank bag and throttle lock. I lay the chin of my helmet on my tank bag and take turns alternating my arms hanging down behind my legs. I can literally stay on the bike for hours now without getting off (and since I have an aux 5 gallon fuel cell I have the range to do it!)

I Have had the convertibars for about 2 yrs (15,000 mi) max adjustment is up 3and back 2. Takes a load off the wrists! I often ride 500+ mi a day.

I have the helibars + 3/4" genmar riser on my gen 1. Everything clears, just barely. Also have the buell pegs. If you only do 1 mod and you're tall like myself, just do the pegs. I'm happy with the combo, though!

Probably will be trying a Corbin seat in a month or two whenever the weather clears up.

Back