Anyone take a L-O-N-G cruise on yer Busa this summer?

I've only been able to do one longer ride this year. Short trip to Pittsburg for lunch. GPS shows 531 miles. Got a few more than that cuz the batteries died and didn't change them out for about 20-30 miles.

Might try to squeeze in a trip to Milwaukee this year. That'll be a 2 day trip though. About 8 hours one way.

pitt1 (Small).jpg

Last edited:
Did a 900 miler two day ride into New England. It doesn't compare with some here. :bowdown:

Right in the midst of 3 day 3800k trip right now with only a Burton backpack...

Post pics and details when I get back.

I went from DE to Eureka Springs to meet up with the gang. Other than the Tobin seat and being lowered 1", I haven't changed the bike too much from stock. The luggage is First Gear Silverstone. All packed up and ready to go:

Eureka 2008 002.jpg

I did 650 miles the first day and spent the night in Lexington KY. 710 miles the second day and rolled in around 9 PM, I think...

beth 2.jpg

I took it easy on the way home - went to IL with Semi & Ms Semi. Huge thanks to them for the overnight and this cool pic:

ride home.jpg

I had to run through a major storm in the mountains thru WV and western MD before I stopped for the night - that was fun. Got home safe & sound - looking forward to another long trip. Best advice - take ibuprofen every time you stop for a rest.

Shelter from the storm in La Vale, MD:

Eureka 2008 053.jpg

only had time for a quick run home to see the folks before Eureka Springs, south of Dallas to Des Moines, Ia. 750 miles one day, only mod was Heli-bars, thinking about adding a Tobin seat, stock was a little hard:whistle:

Lisa is my hero too! I thought I had a long ride to the M&G in Eureka Springs till she showed up. :bowdown: I put on 2400 miles in 5 days for that trip, loaded similar to Lisa with a tank bag, saddle bags, and a tail bag. Longest day was Sunday heading home. I rode from Eureka Springs to Chamberlain, SD, roughly 750 miles. I would post some pics but they are on my home computer..

Ha ha ha I guess my trip to Sturgis qualifies. San Antonio, Texas to Sturgis, South Dakota for Sturgis Bike Week and no hotels. Slept on park benches and once there The Buffalo Chip for a couple of nights then Deadwood for the remainder of our stay. Racked up 3800 miles during the 8 days loaded with Oxford Saddlebags and Tank Bag as well as a military "A" Bag on the back along with my folding chair bungied down tight. Sacrificed a BT-021 rear tire and a chain along the way. Average 43 MPG for the trip. What a trip!:thumbsup:

My Mods are simple, Heli-Bars, Corbin Saddle, 1 Tooth up in the front, ZG Double bubble, PC-3, K&N Air Filter with slight box mod, 2 Brothers CF Ovals and Motul Synthetic in the crank case. I also have an Alarm and GPS tracking device on my bike so I wasn't concerned about theft.

Last edited:
I did two 600km days last weekend. I was averaging about 100km/h both days with stops.
My bike is all stock, and the only thing that sucked ass was the seat. Other than that, it was a fine ride.

2500M 4 days.... Ventura/Bagster for storage.. Buell Pegs, Heli-Bars, Corbin seat.. knees got a bit stiff but not bad.. no azz burn (thank you corbin) and the rest went pretty cake.. I do wish the bike had a bit longer range between fill-ups..

Props to Lisa... that girl can roll up some miles!!

Last edited:
The wife and I did 714 miles in 1 day two-up on a completely stock busa. I had no problems with my arms, back or wrists but The last 40 miles or so were tough on the knees. I need to look at the Buel peg mod.

Last edited:
Massachusetts to Florida.
Then Massachusetts to Nova Scotia/New Brunswick
Soon Massachusetts to Ohio.

Have done several 3000 plus mile trips this year. One was known as, 7 guys, 7 states, 3 national parks and 1 night in Vegas. Here are a few pics taken along the way, we did the motel thing. I do like the high dessert, at times it can be hot but always find the sites beautiful....Rick

225.jpg

020.jpg

153.JPG

Back