Can an old fart find happiness on a Busa?

At 47, I'm to young to give up my Busa
SHOCKED.gif
super.gif

59 years young
Tobin seat, Throttlemeisters, Genmar bar riser, Puig Sport windscreen and a good tankbag makes the miles fly by. Haven't needed to do anything to the pegs yet.

Biggest problem is staying awake while leaning on the tank bag.
wow.gif

Reading all this, I'm feeling better already! Ok, I'm gonna get some Buell pegs and that's that!
all_coholic.gif

Tom,

I too, agree that the busa is comfortable and customizable. I work with back patients everyday for a living. The reality is, an upright positioned bike puts a lot of force through your rear end which ultimately aggravates many lower back conditions. The busa tends to distribute forces through hands, rear end, and feet. Many find this position advantagous for lower back problems. There are special chairs designed for lower back patients that simulate the riding position of the busa. Compared to a car (for my back) equal distance traveled, I alway feel great after riding my Busa. Plus the riding experience is unparalleled IMO.

Good luck

When my back is acting up[between my shoulder blades].The cruiser is out of the question.200 miles on the busa,and all the pain goes away
super.gif

This old fart has found happiness on his busa!
smile.gif
I turn 57 in a couple of weeks, and 500 mile + rides are no problem. Have you got a busa yet?
SHOCKED.gif

(bjewell @ Jun. 05 2007,00:34) Is sports touring -- 400 or 500 miles a day -- really wrong for the Busa?
I did an 1800 mile day on my 02. The bike never complained once, and I never wished I was riding something else.

***Disclaimer... It technically was a 1500 mile day because thats how many miles I had in 24hrs, but I still didn't stop until I was at 1800 miles, 30hrs after the start of my ride. I'm calling it an 1800 mile day!***

I do "old" pretty good... -L- This is "The Tokyo AllStars," my off-and-on again band. Don't ask about the suit, I have a bunch of them... :- )

Wow! Ride to Osaka... may wife refuses to let me have a bike in Tokyo. I have my Bridgestone shopping bike, and a bunch of guitars.

I have found numerous Busa's on Craigslist in Sacramento -- from 6500 to 10-large. I am curious if the service shops are good, but that is for another post...

I guess from what I have read, that I am the oldest at 66 to be riding a busa. I came from a R100R BMW to a busa, what a difference. I am still making mods for touring because that is why I got one. I had a Concourse for a while ( totaled it ) and got the busa. I enjoy riding it and it looks great. It is fun to see most of my peers when I tell them what I ride, they do not know a thing, but the children think it is great. Get one and make the mods and have fun
beerchug.gif

(Airhead1775 @ Jun. 05 2007,21:01) I guess from what I have read, that I am the oldest at 66 to be riding a busa. I came from a R100R BMW to a busa, what a difference. I am still making mods for touring because that is why I got one. I had a Concourse for a while ( totaled it ) and got the busa. I enjoy riding it and it looks great. It is fun to see most of my peers when I tell them what I ride, they do not know a thing, but the children think it is great. Get one and make the mods and have fun  
beerchug.gif
Ha Ha, the children? You mean the under 40 crowd?
I'm only 59.
laugh.gif

+300 >60 years old just had triple by-pass surgery, last friday carotid arteries. bought a new 06 blue/silver on may 1st. this bike is silly fun. should have gone this route in 99. (1st year?) been in harley scene and still own 1/w sidecar. 6'1" 290# = big fat guy. busa is great-i love it. buy 1 u will 2.

I love this strand! I turned SIXTY last Sunday and went riding with a bunch of sport bike guys. When we stopped for coffee in the mountains, a 27 yr old riding a modded Yam R-6 called his buddy and I heard him say, "Dude, this guy's 60 and we can't keep up with him!" This isn't a brag, it's just....60 is the new 40 and I hate it when I hear my age peers sound like they've already given up!
Another point Bjewell, I have a terrible bad back and the lean position, for me, is light years better for my spine than upright, less compression on the spine. Also there are 3 configurations of Buell pegs, all with same mount but different peg heights...mine is 1 1/2 " lower and great!
Happy riding! Raydog

Img_9202_busa.jpg

I'm 62, 6'2" 220 lbs, and in great shape. Its funny, when I'm riding with a pack of 20-25 year olds, and we stop for a break. I take my helmet off and they see my grey hair and say,"Hey your an Old Dude". Its fun. I've been riding for 45 years. I flew out to Brea California to pick up my '05 LE Busa last May, and rode it back 1,700 miles up the 15 to the 40, to Flagstaff, Albequerque, Dallas, and then to Houston. My longest day was 550 miles, but usually 350 miles a day. Its all stock, but I'm thinking about getting a Corbin or Tobin seat. Any suggestions?
Col. John

Wow, great info, I've been riding everything since I was 8 and hope to be riding when I'm in my 60's... I hate it when the younger crowd freaks that a 44 yr old would like to buy a Busa... Heck we rode the real men bikes of the past that carved the way for the bikes we have now... Now for my next trick too buy a Busa, lol

Back