Can an old fart find happiness on a Busa?

So this is an old post and I’m also old 73 and on my new 2022 Busa.

View attachment 1639751

View attachment 1639752

View attachment 1639753

View attachment 1639754
Ya know, to me the gen 3 is like being in Willy Wonkas chocolate factory. There's some really weird stuff... Like stuff that should not exist and you really hope you never see it again. (Read ABS sucks and why don't we have a full digital display?) But then there's these random ass cool things like little dancing orange guys and dizzy drinks that make you float until your burp. (Read quick shifter and Suzuki decal on the tank )

I live in Tokyo, have for almost 20 years. I'm originally from California, and keep a house in Sacramento. I go home for a while in the summer.

My all-time favorite bike was my new-to-me 83 GS1100EZ. I loved that bike. I've had Harleys since -- heck I'm 61. But I am in great shape still have my reflexes and while I love hogs, I like Japanese stuff maybe more, especially Suzukis -- and my wife... -L-

I have a real craving for a Hayabusa, stock, used, clean and tight. I would ride it when I am home, keep it stored when I'm back in Tokyo. FWIW, these bikes are way cheaper here.

Can I enjoy riding at a reasonably sane pace to Mendocino or even to Denver to see my sister? Is sports touring -- 400 or 500 miles a day -- really wrong for the Busa?

I am a careful rider, I did the dumb stuff early. But I appreciate great engineering and style. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks guys...

Tom Quinn

aka bjewell
I’m 68, just got mine a couple of months ago, loving it!
Just got both knees replaced a year ago!

I tried to get my best friend which has been riding Harley's all his life to give the bike a try and he's 65 like me. I told him, one ride on a busa, you will change bikes. I even tried to talk him into riding mine, but to no avail, he wouldn't even swing his leg on it. I told him, you have no idea what you're missing!

1650943882514.jpeg

200.gif

Back