Can Anyone Suggest An Immobiliser?

DonnaFriskney

Registered
Bit of help needed if possible :)

I've just bought my husband his dream bike and there is no immobiliser on it?

Its a 2014

I'm just the chick who sits on the back so have no bike knowledge at all so some help would be appreciated so I can get it all fitted ready for him :)

I've had one on the rear rotor of my 06 for years but I don't think they're making that model anymore. It locks the rotor so that the wheel doesn't move (at all). With the front locked as well, thieves would have to drag or lift it to take it.
Haven't seen the rear application.

image.jpeg
Haven't seen the rear application.

It looks big but doesn't weigh much. It's one piece and the attachment section where the axle goes thru, replaces the spacer, and the lock section surrounds the rotor where the locking pin goes in. It's nice not having to carry the lock with you, just the pin. I've never given much credence to just locking the front rotor as it's quite easy to lift the front end and simply roll the bike away on the rear tire. Both ends need to be locked.

Scorpio alarm and roadlok user here! Pretty happy with both products. And that's one lucky husband. Hope my wife will be this nice to me if I ever get married.

Lojack, gps tracking, even an old cell phone can be converted.
Bury it in the right place on the bike, and even the van theives will need a little time to disable it(if an when they find it). Also not powered by bike's battery.
That should work well enough if it's taken while you're in a store, restaurant, ect.
I'de keep it inside at home.
For more direct applications of theft, I've found that Glock, Sig, and Taurus (just to mention a few) immobilize theives really well.

Back