Anyone take a L-O-N-G cruise on yer Busa this summer?

bjewell

Registered
Who took a putt on their Busa that was either a long one over some time, or a pretty long one over the weekend? What was good, what was bad about doing it on our bike?

Any mods? How did you carry your stuff? Any pics?

Thanks! It's 104 in Sacramento today...

i moved from atlanta georgia back down to tampa florida in may. It was pretty interesting sometimes boring (had to replace a front tire on the way) and the heat killed me. Made only about 4 stops for gas and 1 stop overnight. The only thing that sucks is being bent over like that for a long period wearing your helmet really takes a toll on your neck. But it was more comfortable being on your busa out in the open highway enjoying life, it cant get much better than that.

started in Central Texas through Central NM then all around Colorado. 3500 miles in 7 days.

Used a Ventura pack rack. Buell pegs. bar risers. Tobin seat (still burned)

I did 4500 km.s in 5 days through New England on the July 1st weekend.

Previously I'd considered selling it and possibly getting something else.
Possibly a Bagged up Cruiser.
This trip changed everything.
I gained a new perspective of the mighty Busas capabilities.

Heres a link to the video, incasde you missed it the first time.

zSHARE - new england 08 dvd.wmv

usually do about 1400miles over the course of 3 days when i roll to my friends pad in Oregon

Redding is what i hate, its god awlful hot going thru there in the summer and i carry all i need in a tank bag and back pack if needed, my bike is stock..........always wear earplugs on long rides it makes things less stressfull for me

started in Central Texas through Central NM then all around Colorado. 3500 miles in 7 days.

Used a Ventura pack rack. Buell pegs. bar risers. Tobin seat (still burned)

I am embarrassed as well pretty much a wussy, 500 miles in 2 days and was glad to get back in a/c cage. only thing I carry is a credit card. :laugh:

3800 miles 10 days, 12 states.
Buell pegs, heli bars, cruise control, throttle Meister, airhawk, ventura bags, bagster, garmin zumo 550, cool vest, quick stand, slime air compressor and plug kit.

picture002.jpg

Last edited:
A few of us road from Indiana to Deals Gapfor the weekend. I was the only one to ride my bike the whole time though a couple of guys trailered theirs and they kept switching off. Of course I gave them alot of s**t.

I haen't had a long trip this year at all. Hopefully in the fall. Sounds like some of you had some pretty nice trips though.

I'm 6'5 the pegs and seat are stock I did about 250 miles one day and two day total was about 600 from all the farting around. My back from sitting for so long started aching, I wanted to get off the bike pretty bad....I think had I wore earplugs and not so much gear it would have been better, I'm in South Florida and it's nasty hot now.

3800 miles 10 days, 12 states.
Buell pegs, heli bars, cruise control, throttle Meister, airhawk, ventura bags, bagster, garmin zumo 550, cool vest, quick stand, slime air compressor and plug kit.

funny, you came right through Dayton, Ohio, and yet, I didnt get a call......hmmm!

Back