Hong Kong Plastics ( Pics )

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
First pic is what it would look like if he were able to get it put together.

Not gonna happen, I wish he would have taken more of the bolt holes not lining up.

==========================================================

zzzzzz.jpg

xxxx.jpg

zx.jpg

zx tail.jpg

zxx.jpg

zzx.jpg

zzxx.jpg

zzz.jpg

I could have told you that before you even ordered them. Sorry you are having to deal with that.... :(

I could have told you that before you even ordered them. Sorry you are having to deal with that.... :(

No No my friend, This is a Buddies Bike. and yes he is pissed.

Bad thing about it, The company he got them from is in the states and didnt bother telling him they would be coming from overseas

If things arent resolved I will be posting the name of the company

Hasn't there been numerous posts lately about the poor quality of the Hong Kong plastics? Good luck to your bro in gettin the cash back...it sucks...2hip

Hasn't there been numerous posts lately about the poor quality of the Hong Kong plastics? Good luck to your bro in gettin the cash back...it sucks...2hip

Yes!! Lesson to us all!! DON'T BUY CRAP FROM HONG KONG!! In this case though his friend didn't know the parts were coming from Hong Kong.

Was it a reputable company in the US that he got them from? He should be able to get his money back.

Throw up the name anyway, regardless of wether or not they make things right nobody else should risk ordering from them.
Hang those garbage plastics on the garage wall, they look good from a distance and they will serve as a good reminder, my crashed nose is on my wall.

I hope your friend ACTUALLY got these from Hong Kong, otherwise the bashing is undeserved. Hong Kong =/= China, the goods I've purchased that were made in HK have been on the same level of quality as the better stuff made in the U.S.A.

Nobody in the US makes plastic fairings. As a matter of fact, we don't make much of anything here in the US any more other than cars and airplanes. Those good old days of "Made in the USA" are long gone forever.

All the aftermarket plastics come from Hong Kong. The reason they are so cheap is they are stamped out of a solid sheet of plastic. Unlike the factory plastic made with a process called "Injection Molding". No two pieces of Hong Kong plastic will come out the same. I'm not sure but I am highly suspicious that all the Hong Kong plastics come from the same factory? If anyone knows for sure, please share?

My friend GregBob has purchased two sets of Hong Kong plastic for his GSXR1K and both fit pretty well. Had to drill out a few holes but once it was on, for the price one couldn't complain. From 20 feet away, you couldn't tell the difference from OEM other than color.

Keith (Skydiver) bought a set for his GSXR1k and it looks good on his bike. He purchased it through a company in Denver who claims their plastic is made with Injection Molding but I doubt it really is? Ask Keith about what he thinks of his.

Bottom line is, if you are looking for prefection, don't bother with the super cheap Hong Kong plastic. :beerchug:

HOLY CRAPPY FAIRINGS BATMAN......they didnt even put any effort into this...i love how the say they recommend a professional installs them..now how is a professional gonna fix that...poop is poop, if you fix it you have nice pile of poop...it is still poop.... i think my baby deserves the money

Last edited:
Those are some nasty lookin fairings there! Looks like he is gonna have to ride it like that till he can get some used factory pieces. ???

Back