Brocks clutch mod Finished

03busaman

Need for Speed
Donating Member
Registered
Finally my oem clutch showed up and was able to complete the mod
Thought this contraption i made up would help the next guys attempting.
Basic a piece of pre drilled angle more holes easy to bolt up then screwdriver right through the bolt hole of the frame works flawless look ma no hands:laugh:

102_2536.jpg

So Ive read about this but what exaclty does it do ?
Lock up quicker and stronger for draggin' ?

So Ive read about this but what exaclty does it do ?
Lock up quicker and stronger for draggin' ?

For me it gets rid of the nasty clunk noise that follows when ya slap the throttle def tight for the launch sequence super light compared to the stock 2 piece clunk noise maker

I have heard about the clunk and felt it once or twice when just walking the bike and letting clutch out a bit.
Very rarely does it 'clunk' and then engage.

Is this what your talking about ?

With the new mod clutch is smoother on the draw and upon engaging ?

Yes very smooth at least i think i did replace the clutch while i was in there
If your cruising around 15 20 hit it you will hear it
The Brock's Performance Clutch Mod assembly disables the factory Suzuki back-torque cam assembly (sometimes mistakenly known as a "slipper clutch"). This allows the rider to perform a smooth launch as opposed to the grab-n-jerk associated with trying to launch a stock machine from a dead stop.

This kit includes shim spacers to slightly increase clutch pressure without causing chatter or a lack of top end speed.

Brock's idea of a Clutch Mod...If every hundredth of a second (and smallest detail!) counts in your world also, this is the Clutch Mod for you! Thoroughly tested in some of the highest power bikes in the country, this mod attacks the rotating mass equation in the Hayabusa clutch area. The additional energy no longer required to rotate the weight of a standard Clutch Mod can now be used to push the bike forward...quicker! No core required.

Yes it certainly helps the launch especially for a bike that has no stretch. The reason is because you need more control of the rear tire through the clutch when trying to keep front end on the ground. With a stretch that clutch is coming out alot quicker and at that point it will depend on your launch style as to weather or not it will do anything for you. Great mod though!

I did the same mod a couple of weeks ago and didn't re-assemble the clutch correctly. Missed the last disc in the offset slots..also that helper string is a great idea. I disengaged the oil pump drive gear by letting the basket and main drive 'slip' out, couldn't figure out why it wouldn't slide back in until I read the manual...again. Nice install and good pictures, I am going to install a slave support bracket this weekend. :thumbsup:

Yeh thanks, i figured it was gonna be a little more skiddish in that area

Those that smoothly release the clutch on the downshift won't notice much of a change. Those that throw it away on the downshift, might be in for a surprise!

That was not the problem... I accelerated in second gear, got into the upper rpm range, and then rolled off the throttle for a tight corner. The back tire started chattering from the engine braking, not clutch misuse

Back