The Org.'s opinion on a car...

cts is AWESOME!!!!! The Cadilliac CTS is the first car ever produced by cadillac that was designed to race first than adapted to street use. Before the CTS the buisness model was oposite as in street first race second. I would by the CTS before anything else if I could afford one.

WELL You'd be wrong. :poke:

In a straight line the SRT8 has a reported 0-60 of 4.7 and a quarter mile of 13.4

The Stock 335 coupe misses to 60 by a tenth @4.8 seconds but finishes the quarter a tenth ahead @13.3.

BUT That's about the only place where a Jeep with an Identity crises holds any sorta performance... "edge". :laugh:

3-Series BMWs aren't the holy grail of driving, but they are better at doing EVERYTHING you need a car to do, than a Frankenjeep! :thumbsup:

Though I do love them Drunken Dodge boys for building it... Good Fun.

Oh and with the twin turbo's in a 335, add just $1300 or so and about 15minutes and you're looking at 400 or so HP and Torque that will run right around any SRT Product Dodge makes... Accept for the real deal Viper. Oh and it gets about 26mpg on the interstate.

Then of course you have the M3 which runs rings around just about anything at $70k with two or four doors. :thumbsup: And anything with an SRT Badge on it... Viper Excluded of course.

Uh if you say so.. :whistle:

this is Karens 2008 twin turbo 335XI and it does a lot of things really well... but it better $$$$

DSC_0070.JPG

this is Karens 2008 twin turbo 335XI and it does a lot of things really well... but it better $$$$

DSC_0070.JPG
r

Kinda like a BMW bike alot of other cars/bikes out there that will do the same if not better for alot less..
Hence the Dodge SRT lineup.. Street Race Technology..

Sorry fellas not sold on Bimmer cars at all.. Like a Benz seen 1 seen them all.

Owned one BMW in my life and it truely was a great car to drive...spent many times back and forth to the BMW mothership to have them work on all the plastic bits on the interior, change the water pump, both rear tail light clusters, front rotors, and one power window motor. Yes, all under warranty, but dang. Later in life was the 70 bucks for 4 clips to push the trim back onto the doors. Engineered to all fail within two months of each other :banghead: They drive and handle like no other, but for the money I'll take my Mustang with a blower anyday!

r

Kinda like a BMW bike alot of other cars/bikes out there that will do the same if not better for alot less..
Hence the Dodge SRT lineup.. Street Race Technology..

Sorry fellas not sold on Bimmer cars at all.. Like a Benz seen 1 seen them all.

Well, you're wrong.... again. There are a lot of cars that can do this or that one thing better than one BMW or Another. But there is very little out there for less money that can do it all, as well as a BMW. Kids to school, Track Day, Ski Trip... They can come close, and manufacterers spend millions in ad dollars telling you how it's "just like a BMW", but in the end BMW beats just like a BMW every time. Get over personal biases, the price tag, some BMW owners, and they really are wonderful cars.

BMW Bikes... Well I dunno, I've never been sold, ridden a couple and they were cool, but nothing all that earth shattering.

I know folks get ruffled cause "here's this a55hole going on about how cool BMW is"... But it's not cool aid. I've driven a lot of cars, and I consider myself an enthusiast. And while it's True BMW owners tend to be A55holes (I won't even go into that worst aspect of BMW Ownership) the cars themselves really are built really well, handle great, and over all are just outstanding cars. I'd sing loud and clear if it weren't the case... :laugh:

Besides, lets talk support and service. I took my car in a few weeks ago for new Pads. While there I get treated the way you're supposed to get treated at a business, like my time matters. I get checked in, they over what's going to be done to the car and then ask if I need a loaner, or a ride anywhere. Last time I wanted a ride downtown to Pike Market and within 5 minutes there's their shuttle whisking me downtown, and picking me up when my car was ready. I get my car back cleaned and ready to go, new pads, new Brake fluid, a software update and I'm on the road... Total cost to me? $0.

Telling ya, you cannot beat it 4 years 50K miles I pay nothing for service, maintenance, etc...

SRT? Street Race Technology? "To hell with the balance of the machine, lets just throw a huge engine in it." Entertaining sure, but hardly well done.

Candy Coat a Turd... Doesn't make it an M&M... :poke:

Though I do love my 335 coupe, I might just move on to an 09 Challenger or Camaro though... Both are supposed to be pretty well built and there's nothing like the good rumble of an American V-8...

Well, you're wrong.... again. There are a lot of cars that can do this or that one thing better than one BMW or Another. But there is very little out there for less money that can do it all, as well as a BMW. Kids to school, Track Day, Ski Trip... They can come close, and manufacterers spend millions in ad dollars telling you how it's "just like a BMW", but in the end BMW beats just like a BMW every time. Get over personal biases, the price tag, some BMW owners, and they really are wonderful cars.

BMW Bikes... Well I dunno, I've never been sold, ridden a couple and they were cool, but nothing all that earth shattering.

I know folks get ruffled cause "here's this a55hole going on about how cool BMW is"... But it's not cool aid. I've driven a lot of cars, and I consider myself an enthusiast. And while it's True BMW owners tend to be A55holes (I won't even go into that worst aspect of BMW Ownership) the cars themselves really are built really well, handle great, and over all are just outstanding cars. I'd sing loud and clear if it weren't the case... :laugh:

Besides, lets talk support and service. I took my car in a few weeks ago for new Pads. While there I get treated the way you're supposed to get treated at a business, like my time matters. I get checked in, they over what's going to be done to the car and then ask if I need a loaner, or a ride anywhere. Last time I wanted a ride downtown to Pike Market and within 5 minutes there's their shuttle whisking me downtown, and picking me up when my car was ready. I get my car back cleaned and ready to go, new pads, new Brake fluid, a software update and I'm on the road... Total cost to me? $0.

Telling ya, you cannot beat it 4 years 50K miles I pay nothing for service, maintenance, etc...

SRT? Street Race Technology? "To hell with the balance of the machine, lets just throw a huge engine in it." Entertaining sure, but hardly well done.

Candy Coat a Turd... Doesn't make it an M&M... :poke:

Though I do love my 335 coupe, I might just move on to an 09 Challenger or Camaro though... Both are supposed to be pretty well built and there's nothing like the good rumble of an American V-8...

Sorry but there is a hell of alot more to a SRT/turd than just a big motor..

If I was to sell my SRT/turd for anything else I think it would be a used G35 or 37 nice cars for the dollar.

I mean talk about BIASED you keep typing trying to convince us or should I say ME that BMW's are all that, I driven them and I'll take my 4 year old trouble free SRT anyday over a Bimmer.. sorry that's just the way it is for me.. :thumbsup:

Anyway Rev I give up, you win I'm done here. You have your views I have mine.. I'm walking away from this thread now..

sorry for thread jack.. Doyle

Back