The Org.'s opinion on a car...

Lalo86

Registered
Okay, im in the market for a sedan, Ive always loved powerful sedans, theirs just something about them :thumbsup:....ive been talkin to this guy at this dealership about a Charger Srt8 thats just callin my name...he's willin to work on the price, im lookin to spend like 5 grand less than the listed price...i havent come across another powerful sedan yet but havent really looked, any suggestions...my girlfriend really likes the SRT8 too, but not really goin by her, good thing she doesnt log on here :whistle:...with gas prices this low its really tempting to do it, but i asked myself how long thats goin to last...let me know what u guys think....heres the link

Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com

the Charger SRT is sick bro!!! Have you given any thought to the Pontiac G8 GT or G8 GXP?? check it out.

the Charger SRT is sick bro!!! Have you given any thought to the Pontiac G8 GT or G8 GXP?? check it out.
Like i said, havent really looked, how does it match up with the charger?...im feelin the price on da charger too...low miles on it also...the only thing that has me on edge is the gas Lol

the G8 GXP is at 402 hp. The GXP runs about $36,000. The GT is 370 something hp and is in the low $30,000's. a bit pricier but pretty slick. I'm not knockin the Charger...its a beautiful car. Cheaper too...go for it!

the G8 GXP is at 402 hp. The GXP runs about $36,000. The GT is 370 something hp and is in the low $30,000's. a bit pricier but pretty slick. I'm not knockin the Charger...its a beautiful car. Cheaper too...go for it!
Im goin for a test drive on Thursday....we'll see what happens :thumbsup:

If you don't mind $3 - $4 maybe close to $5 a gallon and the depreciation gas guzzler cars and trucks will experience, then it is ok.
I think it would be naive to think gas prices will stay this low.
The movement to go "green" is spreading. Just look at the problems the big three are having.
I cannot be too optimistic about fuel prices as the world demand increases from China and India.

seems high to me. but im not sure what they go for new. have you checked out the challengers:thumbsup:

You're gonna love the Charger...I promise you that. I'm just sayin, if you can afford a brand new, $30,000+, 400hp family sedan...take the G8 for a test drive also and buy the one you like best. Like I said...can't go wrong with the Charger!!!

seems high to me. but im not sure what they go for new. have you checked out the challengers:thumbsup:
Yeah i have, they want 50K ova here for the SRT8...im still payin off my Caddy so thats y i didnt go for it...I wish:please:...maybe later on

I'm a Ford man, but I do love the look of the Challenger. Don't no performance or cost. Saw an orange one in NC :thumbsup:

You're gonna love the Charger...I promise you that. I'm just sayin, if you can afford a brand new, $30,000+, 400hp family sedan...take the G8 for a test drive also and buy the one you like best. Like I said...can't go wrong with the Charger!!!
Ill look into it...but like i told 99'Busa, im still payin off my Caddy so im tryin to avoid new right now...ima check em out though, hope i dont like em too much or ima be eatin my own words....I could let the Caddy go, got a family member intrested in takin ova payments and throwin me some $....heres the Caddy from the other topic that was posted a while ago...
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/rand...-kinda-truck-do-you-prefer-3.html#post1773423

I am torn... I wont finance a car and so dropping 30G on a Challenger is a "challenge" but I sure like the car... I do have an SRT hemi car for sale here by a private party for 25G but buying "used" hot rods of any kind makes me nervous...

Do post up your test drive opinions... I am really in need of a new (at least new to me) car.. I am still thinking I am going to get the Hemi Magnum wagon (I really need the room) and I only put on a few thousand miles a year so MPG is secondary..

Did you check with your insurance agent? Any idea what that cost will be? And don't forget sales tax and registration fees...
Posted via Mobile Device

I was over here at Benson Dodge here in Greer and the sticker on the Challenger was only $34,000 give or take here.

Did you check with your insurance agent? Any idea what that cost will be? And don't forget sales tax and registration fees...
Posted via Mobile Device
To be honest with you, no i havent looked into that...i need to hit up my insurance agent, im guessin since it is an SRT8 it could be high huh?

I was over here at Benson Dodge here in Greer and the sticker on the Challenger was only $34,000 give or take here.
???SRT8?...they told me 50k at Union City Dodge in Georgia, i remember because i was looking at a new Charger SRT8 Super Bee...they wanted 48k for that 1 and 49.5k for the SRT8 Challenger

I love the truck Lalo. The EXT is so sweet. I wish I could take over payments for ya. Anyways, keep us all updated on the test drives.

I'd say find a year or two old BMW 335 Sedan... Just as fast, handles 100X better, stops better, will do better in a crash, and retains it's value pretty well also. Though the BMW is significantly less bulky, so that might be an issue for you.

AND

You don't end up looking like a Suburban pseudo pimp. :laugh:

You asked, and in my opinion the Chrysler 300s, and the Chargers got played out really fast and now just strike me as kinda tired and ghetto.

No Offense to those that have em' (Big D I'm looking at you), but that's my "Opinion" all half a cents' worth.

FWIW though, I'd do a Pontiac G8 in a quick second, over all from what I've read it's a much better car than the Charger from a Driving point of view. But if you not really into driving and just get from here to there then it's a moot point. But the reviews I've read of the G8 are quite favorable...

But I'd still do the BMW 335 sedan, Decades of engineering, and genuine performance, not just high HP figures. Interesting when a 300HP German sedan runs even with or faster than 400+HP domestic or Japanese cars isn't it? I guess maybe them German horses are bigger? :whistle:

OK I'm just messing, but I have found that I really do prefer the way the BMWs ride, handle, and stop. It just works really well.

Cheers and good luck. :thumbsup: Now is a great time to buying a car, folks are desperate.

Back