The Org.'s opinion on a car...

Couple things to consider. How long do you plan on owning this car? If you are someone that is going to want to trade again in two years I would highly recommend against buying a brand new car. I would only recommend buying a brand new car to two types of people. Those that plan on driving them til they fall apart and those that pay cash and trade every year and can afford to pay cash with every trade. If you aren't one of those two I would be looking at used cars. With some patience you should be able to find the car you want, less than a year old, at a really great price. Somebody somewhere is going to buy one, take the initial new car depreciation hit then get into a financial pinch and need to sell it. Or someone with plenty of cash is going to buy new and trade it after a year for the new model. Either way, you will still have factory warranty on it and will get the car at a much, much less price.

On that, stay away from Dodge and Chrysler. For one look at their depreciation rates, they are known for quite a few problems including transmissions and brakes. I can't say enough about Pontiac though. I've had several and loved everyone of them. The G8 is a great looking ride and in my opinion a much better choice over ANY dodge or chrysler product.

Got a phone call around 10 tellin me they just sold the Charger :banghead:...im cool with the sales guy so just bein curious i asked how much they let it go for, apparently the guy had screwed up credit but was locked on havin it, he left with a 37K used charger :rofl:...Revlis ive never even considered a beamer, since i havent really looked i just thought they were pricey, the 1 you posted looked good, im want to check em out cause the only thing i dont want is too feel all cramped up, im a big guy so i like being comfortable, ive only had 1 car my whole life, and the rest have been trucks, i wish i never sold it but i got a good offer on it so i let it go, lots of room in that impala:thumbsup:...oh well, back to lookin for a car, ima try to go to pontiac on friday to check out the G8...if anybody else has any more suggestions keep em comin!Heres an old pic of my 1st luv :laugh: 2323282_1_full.jpg

2323282_1_full.jpg

Got a phone call around 10 tellin me they just sold the Charger :banghead:...im cool with the sales guy so just bein curious i asked how much they let it go for, apparently the guy had screwed up credit but was locked on havin it, he left with a 37K used charger :rofl:...Revlis ive never even considered a beamer, since i havent really looked i just thought they were pricey, the 1 you posted looked good, im want to check em out cause the only thing i dont want is too feel all cramped up, im a big guy so i like being comfortable, ive only had 1 car my whole life, and the rest have been trucks, i wish i never sold it but i got a good offer on it so i let it go, lots of room in that impala:thumbsup:...oh well, back to lookin for a car, ima try to go to pontiac on friday to check out the G8...if anybody else has any more suggestions keep em comin!Heres an old pic of my 1st luv :laugh:View attachment 121890

Sweet looking impala :thumbsup:, I would love to have one of those sitting in my garage. Getting very hard to find, especially in good shape with decent miles on them and will only get harder as time passes.

also if your looking to do any mods, the G8 responds way better, and the computer system is allot easier to manuipulate. Hell you can hit 400hp on the GT with just a reflash and premium fuel (gt's make 360hp on 87!!).
I'm almost definately gonna pick up a used GXP with a 6 speed used in a few years. Gotta have the 6 speed, love rowing my own boat :laugh:

Last edited:
Yeah I dig the Impalas...

The BMW's are smaller inside than a Charger, no doubt, but they are still designed with non-Japanese proportions in mind if that makes sense. Many of the Japanese cars are so ergonomically incorrect that it's almost comical, knees around the steering wheel, head on the head liner etc. Depending on just how big you are the 3-series could be a bit too tight.

I'm 6'1" 240 and don't have any troubles at all with the coupe' so while they aren't as roomy as a charger, they are packaged more efficiently if that makes sense. Compact, but with the driver and passenger taken care of.

The best part of a BMW is the feel. You can feel twigs, etc through the steering wheel, you'd swear you can feel the rotors through the brake pedal, and when cornering at the limit, you'd swear you can feel the actual asphalt... The Texture....

AND, I can drive around Chargers, Acura's, GTO's, Mustang's etc on the outside, all day on twisty on-ramps, then out accelerate them on the straight... The car helps you drive much much better. :thumbsup: It's a rush, and a carefully used, Certified Pre-Owned 335 Sedan will be on par with the other offerings you're looking at... Just drive one, see what you think. It's not for everyone, if you're not really into driving it's not likely to impress you much accept for being solid.

The BMW's are smaller inside than a Charger, no doubt, but they are still designed with non-Japanese proportions in mind if that makes sense. Many of the Japanese cars are so ergonomically incorrect that it's almost comical, knees around the steering wheel, head on the head liner etc. Depending on just how big you are the 3-series could be a bit too tight.

I'm 6'1" 240 and don't have any troubles at all with the coupe' so while they aren't as roomy as a charger, they are packaged more efficiently if that makes sense. Compact, but with the driver and passenger taken care of.

The best part of a BMW is the feel. You can feel twigs, etc through the steering wheel, you'd swear you can feel the rotors through the brake pedal, and when cornering at the limit, you'd swear you can feel the actual asphalt... The Texture....

AND, I can drive around Chargers, Acura's, GTO's, Mustang's etc on the outside, all day on twisty on-ramps, then out accelerate them on the straight... The car helps you drive much much better. :thumbsup: It's a rush, and a carefully used, Certified Pre-Owned 335 Sedan will be on par with the other offerings you're looking at... Just drive one, see what you think. It's not for everyone, if you're not really into driving it's not likely to impress you much accept for being solid.
Ive been lookin at those beamers since u mentioned them, my budget right now is 30k and under, as of now ive found three of those 3 series...im spending this weekend car shopping, my father told me to check out the V-series Caddy CTS, i love my Caddy truck so that could be a option too, anybody got any opinions on the CTS?

used SRT-8 Jeep=hang on.. :thumbsup:

I just don't see any 3 series keeping up with a SRT regardless of the model.. Charger maybe SRT dought it..

It looks good now, but I think you will regret it before it is paid for. Gas will be very high again soon, and the value of a gas guzzler will plummet. IMHO. ???

Have you driven a Saab? You would fit in one much more comfortably than most BMWs.

I haven't looked at the new Saabs, I still love mine just fine, even though I owe it some TLC.

When I bought mine 13 years ago I test drove and seriously considered BMW, Audi and Mercedes. The Saab 900SE(turbo) had better comfort, handling and performance, plus all the silly extras like heated leather seats, sun roof, etc. for more than $10,000 less than the others.
But then again, I'm not into ghetto bling or the brag factor of a one brand or the other. I prefer more bang for my buck.

G8 handles better then the Charger Srt8. I would pick the pontiac over the Charger. More mods. for a lower cost and best bang for the dollar. I have a few friends with each one anfd the G8 is nicer!

G8 handles better then the Charger Srt8. I would pick the pontiac over the Charger. More mods. for a lower cost and best bang for the dollar. I have a few friends with each one anfd the G8 is nicer!
Im hearing this alot lately...wouldnt the G8 fall to the same downfalls as the charger???...gas guzzler and everything else?...Is the GXP model out, all i can find for sale is the GT version, not the same thing right????

I just don't see any 3 series keeping up with a SRT regardless of the model.. Charger maybe SRT dought it..

WELL You'd be wrong. :poke:

In a straight line the SRT8 has a reported 0-60 of 4.7 and a quarter mile of 13.4

The Stock 335 coupe misses to 60 by a tenth @4.8 seconds but finishes the quarter a tenth ahead @13.3.

BUT That's about the only place where a Jeep with an Identity crises holds any sorta performance... "edge". :laugh:

3-Series BMWs aren't the holy grail of driving, but they are better at doing EVERYTHING you need a car to do, than a Frankenjeep! :thumbsup:

Though I do love them Drunken Dodge boys for building it... Good Fun.

Oh and with the twin turbo's in a 335, add just $1300 or so and about 15minutes and you're looking at 400 or so HP and Torque that will run right around any SRT Product Dodge makes... Accept for the real deal Viper. Oh and it gets about 26mpg on the interstate.

Then of course you have the M3 which runs rings around just about anything at $70k with two or four doors. :thumbsup: And anything with an SRT Badge on it... Viper Excluded of course.

Have you driven a Saab? You would fit in one much more comfortably than most BMWs.

I haven't looked at the new Saabs, I still love mine just fine, even though I owe it some TLC.

When I bought mine 13 years ago I test drove and seriously considered BMW, Audi and Mercedes. The Saab 900SE(turbo) had better comfort, handling and performance, plus all the silly extras like heated leather seats, sun roof, etc. for more than $10,000 less than the others.
But then again, I'm not into ghetto bling or the brag factor of a one brand or the other. I prefer more bang for my buck.

Comfort is subjective, but front wheel drive being death to handling isn't, and it's always a good idea to live within your means whatever your driving. Find something that works for you and run with it.

This is what I want rolling outta Dodge...

With a 6 speed and a limited slip??? :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

2009 R/T or SRT8 can be had with an LSD and 6 Speed... True hotrod fashion and from what I've read not too bad a handling for a Front heavy 2-ton pig...

But I find myself wanting a Hemi!!!

08_challenger_5.jpg

That was the first vehicle in my mind when I read the first post and saw SRT. A buddy of mine has one and OMG...its is fast! Great in the snow, great in the rain, great for hauling 5 friends and your groceries all at the same time. I didn't mention it because he said he was looking for a car.

Now for Revlis, I don't come from money...or anything close to it so I can't offer opinion for or against BMW's. All I know is that I would LOVE to have an M6 someday and I hear that BMW is everything its said to be.

Whatever your choice Lalo...keep us updated!

Back