Buying a Busa Changed My Outlook On Fast Cars

I agree...I used to think a quick run in the GT Mustang was a thrill...

Now, there are no thrills (on wheels) beyond the Busa...well, unless you have a boosted Busa...
laugh.gif
 Oh, and maybe an F-14...
tounge.gif
u mean F-18....... the F-14 is Navy....Yuk!

Semper Fi
fugg that... the f-35 is where its gonna be at now ;)

Or, just take a peek at the f-22 and .. well... insane.
Oh GOOD GRIEF!!! You military guys!!!!

tounge.gif
How about "some military plane"? That better?
biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

im not a military guy, i just help design the engines that go in those planes
smile.gif

Same here on the fast car bug... A friend let me drive his 2002 Viper ACR and I realized one thing: It's not fast enough. So now I have my sights set on a nice sedan.

Had a Mitsubishi 3000GT that I thought was fast! Love that car, but it has nothing on the Busa.

u mean F-18....... the F-14 is Navy....Yuk![/QUOTE]

F/A-18 is Navy...and USMC. Besides, your USMC paycheck says Department of the Navy doesn't it?
rock.gif

u mean F-18....... the F-14 is Navy....Yuk!

F/A-18 is Navy...and USMC. Besides, your USMC paycheck says Department of the Navy doesn't it?
rock.gif
[/QUOTE]
Yeah but the USMC is referred to as the Presidents own.

And unless things have changed the Marines are the only force the President can send anywhere in the world without anyone else's approval.

In order for the Navy or any of the other branches to move its rear end anywhere literally takes an act of congress muah ha ha

So.. while a Marines pay check might say "Department of the Navy" they are NOT the Navy
smile.gif

poke.gif

biggrin.gif

Since I bought her, every car is ho-humm.  I used to flip for ferraris(never owned one though).  Now a fast car just makes me smile thinking about true speed!

Yeah but the USMC is referred to as the Presidents own.
Being Army, I realize that the Marines (the Men's Department within the Department of the Navy) get shipped on the C&C's executive orders. But, it's really only because after 230 years the Marines are STILL looking for a few good men. Having not found any yet, they are led off to be cannon fodder first before the more valued Army soldiers parachute in with the REAL weapons and bail them out...

I love my cars.... this one faster on twisties...
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Vic_E55_2001
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136514790 -->

victor_porcshe.jpg

I rarely speed when in my F150 or wifes Exploder, the bike is where it's at. But I still get a thrill out of whaling the snots out of my SEADOO 14.5' jet boat, I've got the twin 85 HP version with a little tweaking done to it. I can pull 60 on the GPS, it feels fast on the water but I still want more... The performance of the twin jets compared to my old outboard is unfreakinbelievable, I can pull a full throttle 180 or jump the whole damn boat out of the lake...

Just don't forget Infiniti. Infiniti has been quitely building some great handling sleepers.

The Q45 has 344 hp and is loaded with sweat stuff.
The G35 coupe has 286hp and is a great handling techno loaded coupe.
The G35 sedan has room for five and and handles good as well.

Then of course do not forget the FX45. 315 HP sports car handling in a middle sized SUV.

I've beat the hell outta my Infiniti and put 75000 miles on her, and all I have had to replace is brake pads and tires...
wink.gif

Yup, an old 600 was enough for me to forget about racing on four wheels. Had a '91 s-10 4.3 through high school, got it all decked out, ignition, full exhaust, intakes, spacers, name it I've probably got it. In it's heyday, it ran a 17 second 1/4 mile.... Now it's what's known as a winter beater.
biggrin.gif

Had a 99 Trans am WS6 ran low 12's. Would ride the busa for a week or so and not touch the car, once I would get back into the car I would swear something was wrong with it cause it was so fricking slow. Always scared the crap out of my family and got horrible gas milage that first couple days back in the car.

Had my share of "Go Fast" cars, but after the Busa - I have no intrest in cars anymore. I love the looks of some cars, but its just not the same. I've also had my share of bikes, but the Busa is the only thing I can say I've had a very personal relationship with. I know it sounds strange, and I don't expect anyone to understand, but I get on the Busa & things just become so very personal and responsive.
wink.gif

I love my cars.... this one faster on twisties...
smile.gif
You've got great taste Vic... I work in the auto business, so it takes a very special car to get me exited...

I miss my 911. BAD. I will own another. Probably a mid 80's coupe. Black or White. Those that havent spent some time in a 911 just don't understand what those cars are capable of...the germans have an uncanny ability to put ALL the HP to the ground.

Just don't forget Infiniti. Infiniti has been quitely building some great handling sleepers.  

Then of course do not forget the FX45. 315 HP sports car handling in a middle sized SUV.

I've beat the hell outta my Infiniti and put 75000 miles on her, and all I have had to replace is brake pads and tires...
wink.gif
I am driving a G35 now. Nice car. It does go pretty good, and although the handling is good, it isn't nearly as tight as the Passat W-8 I just got out of. The G35 has over 40 more hp...but there is no doubt I could turn circles around it in the VW.

In case you couldn't tell...I like German cars!
tounge.gif

wink.gif
I am driving a G35 now.  Nice car.  It does go pretty good, and although the handling is good, it isn't nearly as tight as the Passat W-8 I just got out of.  The G35 has over 40 more hp...but there is no doubt I could turn circles around it in the VW.

In case you couldn't tell...I like German cars!
tounge.gif
ive got the g35 coupe i love this little car alot of power in a light car,runs great

Buying a Busa can change your mind about a lot of things when it comes to whAT IS FAST.

Back