Buying a Busa Changed My Outlook On Fast Cars

hionbusa

Registered
Before buying the Busa . I had my eyes on the New Dodge Charger SRT 8 or a Mercedes E55.

I test drove an E55 this week end. What I once remembered to be a super fast ride is now just OKAY
smile.gif

Now I m thinking about getting a Truck (nissan Titan ) or sedan (lexus gs430) .

Anybody had the same thing after buying their busa.

I remember a few years ago I had an older Jag, 100 mph in it was an ordeal (only had a 3 speed trans). One night my wife and I drove over to Orlando in it and hit 100 on I-4, I remember her commenting that we were going too fast. Just tonight she asked me how our ride was yesterday and the topic of speed came up, now 100 is okay it's 150 where she starts to get concerned.

I have a 2002 Z28 that runs low to mid 11s and a 67 Camaro that has about 930 some horse and have not had ether car to the track after racing the Busa one time, now it is the Busa at the track!

before busa I was all into import hot rod scene, Evo 8's and Suby WRX's etc. After owning a busa, I'm looking at a beat up truck or a beat up honda as back ups. As long as it's a cage.... yawn.... even the fast one's don't interest me anymore.

So much skillz involved in riding a motorcycle... Cars? Piiiiiish...

i am with you guys i have had my time in fast cars but the busa is just so much nicer..my ex and i used to take my 9r out all the time i bought the busa and every time she felt my wrist get ready to slam open the throttle she would squeeze hard around me and jab me

Yeah.. I used to have fun in my Camaro.. now it is just my work transport vehicle... I drive the truck one day... the camaro the next. whatever

At one point I had my Camaro running 11s in the quarter and since tuned it back to low 12s. SInce getting the 'Busa it feels like the car runs 14s in comparison though... especially after the Turbo on the bike...

after i bought my first motorcycl(not a busa) i lost enjoyment of cars . yesterday i drove the new srt 8 and it was not a big deal anymore.

yeah the busa ruined it with me. i thought my camaro was fast but after 3 years hell no. every thing is slow now dam the busa
biggrin.gif

After owning a busa, I'm looking at a beat up truck or a beat up honda as back ups. As long as it's a cage.... yawn.... even the fast one's don't interest me anymore. [/QUOTE]
Yup. Honda Accord 5 speed for rainy days. Old Jeep Cherokee for snow.

I got spoiled by a Ninja 250.
tounge.gif

I used to think my 2003 S-10 with a 4.3L V6 was fast. Its rev limited at 95mph. The Ninja has taken me to 104, and it still wanted to go faster. Anyone want a 2003 Chevy S-10 with 17.5K on the clock?
biggrin.gif

I just know that when I get a Busa, I'm going to be completely spoiled rotten. Dunno if I should be worried about that or excited.
wink.gif

I got spoiled by a Ninja 250.
tounge.gif

I used to think my 2003 S-10 with a 4.3L V6 was fast. Its rev limited at 95mph. The Ninja has taken me to 104, and it still wanted to go faster. Anyone want a 2003 Chevy S-10 with 17.5K on the clock?
biggrin.gif

I just know that when I get a Busa, I'm going to be completely spoiled rotten. Dunno if I should be worried about that or excited.
wink.gif
Worried.... because after a Busa.. it is all down hill from there....

Wow looks like a lot of you also have camaros.. My friend keeps telling me once I take a ride I probly won't wanna go back to cars.. We'll see about this one.. lol
wink.gif

I agree...I used to think a quick run in the GT Mustang was a thrill...

Now, there are no thrills (on wheels) beyond the Busa...well, unless you have a boosted Busa...
laugh.gif
Oh, and maybe an F-14...
tounge.gif

my camaro is faster than my busa until you hit a turn lol. i like the camaro because i built it from the frame up and i have an emotional attachment to it, not so much with the busa yet but im working on it. I enjoy riding a LOT, but once in a while.. i just wish i had my supra back or my old cmaro with t-tops or my old convt mustang. Something about takin the top off the car and just letting it rip, good music playing, the chicks staring, its fun lol. I still have the desire for fast cars i guess, im more of a car guy than a bike guy, the bikes just hold me over until i can afford to start building cars again when i graduate college!

I'm 21 now... cars/bikes i've had...
1995 supra n/a(sold)
1990 camaro rs (nitrous backfired)
1994 TT supra hardtop 6-speed (sold)
1993 toyota camry (totalled)
1978 z28 (current)
2003 hyundai elantra (current)

bikes..
2000 ex500(gave to my sis)
2001 TLR(sold)
1995 zx6r(totalled)
1996 zx6r(sold)