The first time a friend dies on his bike. Hard.

Very sorry to here, happened to me a long time ago, I know what you are going through :unhappy:

Sorry for your loss of a good freind. He and his family will be in our prayers. It is hrd loosing someone you know doing something you enjoy also. We lost a freind in Daytona a few years back.Never out of our thoughts but you gotta go on. Just makes you think a little more when out there. I have a freind going for her license and I'm worried and happy.

Makes me think of my "riding buddy" Joel, my best friend. I was right behind him a few weeks ago when he left the road avoiding a truck doing his best to use the entire road. I know it scared him, terrified me. I have thought a few times about giving it up, or just stepping back to just track riding. I know one thing to be true, if I didn't have all those miles with Joel, we wouldn't have the same friendship.

Very sorry for your loss. Prayers go out to the family, but in this time of loss try and remember what you do have that you never would have if you didn't ride.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Many of us know all too well what you must be going through. RIP, Bobby. Prayers sent for Bobby and those who knew him.

There are several things that will change a man's perspective on life, and this is just one of them. You hear of other's experiences and it's not quite the same until after you walk through the same thing. Each of us does this different, but afterwards, there becomes an understanding of sorts. I'm not a fan of 'Been there, done that' (actually, I think it's way too presumptious on anyone's part), but the knowing does change a person.

Prayers to the family and friends. Tough situation all around.

Last edited:
I've never lost a friend on a bike, but I've lost SEVERAL while skydiving. You carry it with you. My sincerest condolences.

Sorry for you loss.

Losing a riding brother is very hard indeed.

RIP

WOW. Sorry for the loosing of a friend. It never gets easier. We just learn better way to deal with it. RIP Bobby

Im sorry man, this is kinda close to home for me geographically... and also empathetically... Be strong for his family but dont be afraid to show emotion with yours... it is a time of celebration in heaven but sadness on earth..

I'm very sorry for your loss. And I wish your friend Godspeed.

I went through this last year in early July. It really shook me up and had me thinking of my own mortality.

I ended up taking the rest of the year off to get my head right. I am back to riding this year but at a much slower pace.

Do what is right for you. But don't give up riding the way I almost did. Be strong and keep the faith.

Back